Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 pm
Alright, I couldn't resist.

Which Final Fantasy title is your favorite? It can be any game with "Final Fantasy" in it; it doesn't have to be one of the main series. Spin-offs are allowed too, but please, don't say either of the two movies. This is a gaming forum, after all.

That said, give the title of your favorite and explain why you like it. Give as much detail as you can. Please don't just say "I like seven!" and leave it there. Tell me why in as much detail as possible. It can include anything about the game. Maybe quotes you liked, battles, bosses, atmosphere, story, cutscenes even. Maybe the battle system was good, or maybe there was just a particular character you like. Include every detail that made you like the game that you can think of.

As usual, follow the Gaia ToS as well as the forum rules here. Please don't call each other names or fling other unnecessary insults. Let's try to act at least slightly mature here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:22 pm
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

In all seriousness, I can't choose any one out of the above as my favorite. I loved them all so much, it's hard to play favorites. gonk  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Metus Aquinas
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics

In all seriousness, I can't choose any one out of the above as my favorite. I loved them all so much, it's hard to play favorites. gonk

Ah, that's alright. I've not played any of the Tactics series, so I would like to know more about them. Care to share? =o  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:00 pm
The only Final Fantasy game I have played is Dissidia Final Fantasy, I liked it. Once I get some money though I'm gonna buy some of the older versions they have on the Wii shop channel.  

SexyNinjaBoi

7,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Darkening-Jinx

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:46 pm
Final Fantasy VII, It's the first I played and I still play it today, I think the story and characters are amazing!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm
Shizuka Mizu
Metus Aquinas
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics

Ah, that's alright. I've not played any of the Tactics series, so I would like to know more about them. Care to share? =o

The Tactics series walks away from the traditional Final Fantasy games and turns it into a strategy game. I believe that all the Tactics series games takes place in a continent/kingdom/nation/world called Ivalice. You have several non-generic characters that join you after certain story plots have progressed and you can recruit your own soldiers of which you can determine which path they will take. You could create a team composed entirely of Ninjas, Black Mages, Knights, Archers, Samurai, Summoners, Thieves, Lancers, etc or you could always go and create a balanced team. You can also tame wild monsters such as the iconic Chocobo to ride on or fight alongside you during battles.

TL;DR

It's the Final Fantasy World combined with Turn by Turn Strategy elements. I must say, it's most likely this series that got me into turn based strategy games.  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Twilight Winter

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:30 am
Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX.

VII because it was my first FF, and IX because I liked it's throw back to the classic FF and it's enjoyed it's characters as well (I do like VII's as well).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:05 am
I'm going to have to say that either the original Final Fantasy or 8 would be my favorite.

The original was the epitome of what an RPG sould be. They threw you into this big world with only a very vague guidline as to what to do and let you make your own choices on how to progress and come to the end of the game. The battle system was very simple and easy to understand as compared to the newer FFs which I like better. I dislike having to read a textbook sized manual to learn how to cast Fire. xd

8 to me was just amazing. I loved the characters and for the most part the battle system was still very simple. The boss battles felt epic (especially with a gunblde lol) and the story was simply superb.

The tactics series were an amusing twist on the FF world but IMO can't compare to the console versions in terms of what FF is all about.

The Crystal Chronicle series IMO were just plain terrible. I never could get to the end (is there actually an ending???) without throwing my controller down in frustration. However CC had its good parts. It was another take on the FF universe whereas Tactics was a strat game CC were dungeon crawl games and I like seeing games take different gameplay approaches. The fact that EVERY time you left a dungeon and entered the next you had to find the spell orbs just plain annoyed me.

Well that about sums up my point of view on just about the entire series. Sorry for boring you nice people. xd  

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Darkening-Jinx

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 am
Twilight Winter
Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX.

VII because it was my first FF, and IX because I liked it's throw back to the classic FF and it's enjoyed it's characters as well (I do like VII's as well).

IX Was amazing, it's the last one that I can think of that had specific character roles, which was awesome as each character is unique from the other, just how it should be IMO.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 pm
I am gonna have to say ff VII or X. There is just something very special about VII, but I still can't resist X, even though it got its flaws, I still think its charms rises above it. (and I am also a part of those who enjoyed XII)  

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 am
Metus Aquinas
Shizuka Mizu
Metus Aquinas
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics

The Tactics series walks away from the traditional Final Fantasy games and turns it into a strategy game. I believe that all the Tactics series games takes place in a continent/kingdom/nation/world called Ivalice. You have several non-generic characters that join you after certain story plots have progressed and you can recruit your own soldiers of which you can determine which path they will take. You could create a team composed entirely of Ninjas, Black Mages, Knights, Archers, Samurai, Summoners, Thieves, Lancers, etc or you could always go and create a balanced team. You can also tame wild monsters such as the iconic Chocobo to ride on or fight alongside you during battles.

TL;DR

It's the Final Fantasy World combined with Turn by Turn Strategy elements. I must say, it's most likely this series that got me into turn based strategy games.

I asked you to put as much detail as possible, so I'll never be one to not read your post because it's "too long". There is no such thing.
Anyway, that sounds interesting. At least they're trying out different avenues and whatnot. I like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 am
RPDPudder
I'm going to have to say that either the original Final Fantasy or 8 would be my favorite.

The original was the epitome of what an RPG sould be. They threw you into this big world with only a very vague guidline as to what to do and let you make your own choices on how to progress and come to the end of the game. The battle system was very simple and easy to understand as compared to the newer FFs which I like better. I dislike having to read a textbook sized manual to learn how to cast Fire. xd

8 to me was just amazing. I loved the characters and for the most part the battle system was still very simple. The boss battles felt epic (especially with a gunblde lol) and the story was simply superb.

The tactics series were an amusing twist on the FF world but IMO can't compare to the console versions in terms of what FF is all about.

The Crystal Chronicle series IMO were just plain terrible. I never could get to the end (is there actually an ending???) without throwing my controller down in frustration. However CC had its good parts. It was another take on the FF universe whereas Tactics was a strat game CC were dungeon crawl games and I like seeing games take different gameplay approaches. The fact that EVERY time you left a dungeon and entered the next you had to find the spell orbs just plain annoyed me.

Well that about sums up my point of view on just about the entire series. Sorry for boring you nice people. xd

You'll have to do better than that if you want to bore me. ;P
I see you've made a lot of points. Therefore, you will get points, in the form of a brownie. Here you go. =P
I did play a bit of the Crystal Chronicles series and I found that I, personally, didn't like it. I couldn't master the fighting system, so whether that's really the game's fault or because of my lack of skill is kind of up for debate. I can't really say the game is bad, but it just didn't click with me.

I don't think there are many people in this guild who would say they like the original Final Fantasy over all the others. Then again, there are probably only a very select few who have even played the game in the first place. =P

As for VIII, it was my favorite too. The whole time paradox thing at the end was pretty interesting. I could sit here and babble endlessly about it, but I'll spare everyone of the inevitable boredom. ;P

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

xx_MelodiousFlames_xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:16 pm
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Can't wait for Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 am
P3_ShinjiroxMinako_P3
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Can't wait for Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy! <3

Crisis Core was an amazing game, although at certain points made me cry. gonk  

Darkening-Jinx

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:42 am
Details, you two? What about Dissidia: Final Fantasy or Crisis Core did you like? What did you dislike?  
Playstation

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff