Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Halloween Avatar Contest Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm
Halloween Avatar Contest

Get ready to raid your closet! This is a Halloween themed avatar contest, which means you can dress up as just about anything as long as you tell us what it is! (It doesn't have to be HP related - be creative!) But this time there's a slight twist: instead of using tektek you must dress up your actual avatar!

Since this might make it difficult for some people who have less gold or items, and also for those who would like a little extra challenge, there are two categories:
1. Each individual item must be worth less than 25 k.
2. No price limit.

Since you're dressing up your actual avatar, you can only enter one category.

| about contest - | rules / how to enter - | categories/entries - |prizes | voting |

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:47 am
RULES

As the title suggests this is a Halloween themed Avatar contest, you must style your actual avatar to a Halloween costume of your choice.

• There is a 200g entry fee. Send to Adonis.
Do not tektek! Entrants must wear the their entry (costume) until the votes are cast and there is a winner.
• We must be able to view your items. For one of the categories we need to check the prices. If we cannot access your profile to find out what items you're wearing, please post a list.
• Each entry must have a short description posted with it explaining what your costume is.
• Students, House Elves, and Graduates are all welcomed.

All entries must be in by Sunday November 14th at 12 midnight EST. Extended for Category 2 since there are so few entrants.
• (Don't forget Guild and Gaia ToS apply everywhere in HPGoG)

HOW TO ENTER

1. Send entry fee as a trade titled "Halloween Avatar Contest" to Professor_Adonis
2. Fill out the form below. Make sure you follow all the requirements for the category you picked. (See post below for more info.)
3. Make a short description/story for your costume. It doesn't have to be long (at least three sentences). Tell us a little about your costume or inspiration. This will play a role in voting, so be creative!
4. Post your entry in this thread.
5. Stay around and chat with me ! I would love to have some company ! (:

[align=center][size=15][b]LOOK AT MY COSTUME ! [/b][/size]
Category: (which category you're entering)
House: (which house)
Costume:
Description:[/align]

| about contest - | rules / how to enter - | categories/entries - |prizes | voting |

b e a r - c h o o

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:56 pm
CATEGORIES

There are two catergories you can choose from in this contest. Each category will have 10 possible slots, first come first serve.

Category One
In this category no single item can be worth more than 25k. Check the market place or tektek.org for prices. We will be checking your items.
*Remember you must wear your "costume" until voting is over and there is a winner.

1. Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies (Trade Complete)
2. x_EnDrIa_x (Trade Complete)
3. Haltless (Trade Complete)
4.Oshenukhar (Trade Complete)
5. Maeror Meror Umbra (Trade Complete)
6. tealflower1928 (Waiting to Complete)
7. 0re04rmdasouth (Waiting to Complete)

Category Two
For this category there is no price limit! Have fun with any items you like and be creative.
*Remember you must wear your "costume" until voting is over and there is a winner.

1.Mothette (Trade Complete)
2.IceeWitch (Trade Complete)
3.Avatar34 (Trade Complete)
4.DownAzzLette (Trade Complete)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:43 pm
Prizes

There will be a winner for each category that will win a wonderful prize ! 3nodding

Category One: 5k

Category Two: 5k

b e a r - c h o o

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:17 pm
VOTING

Voting will begin Sunday November 14th at 12 midnight EST
and end when announced. Not many people have voted so please get your votes in soon!

All you have to do to vote is PM b e a r - c h o o and Lyra Elizabeth with your favorite avatars. You may vote once for each category.

PM Lyra Elizabeth with votes for CATEGORY ONE
PM b e a r - c h o o with votes for CATEGORY TWO

| about contest - | rules / how to enter - | categories/entries - | prizes | voting |

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29 am
OPEN !

b e a r - c h o o

b e a r - c h o o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 am
Horray for Fright Week ! whee heart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:40 pm
i also took a screen-shot of my entry. my avatar has been like this over a month and when my friend came over she was begging me to change it. (I will change it back though if i have to)

User Image  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

x_EnDrIa_x

8,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 pm
LOOK AT MY COSTUME !
Category:First (which category you're entering)
House:Gryffindor
Costume:Mad hatter from Alice in wonderland
Description:I chose this character because I really liked the movie .Also in my opinion is the best character in the movie.I also love how he looks,it's such a wild crazy look,and I just couldn't resist using the outfit.((In RL I dressed up as the weshire cat biggrin lol ))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:34 pm

LOOK AT MY COSTUME !
Category: 1
House: Ravenclaw
Costume: Luna Lovegood
Description: When I entered the guild, I was not expecting to be sorted at Ravenclaw, so it was a bit of a shock (I'm a bit lazy with my studies). Then, I felt I had to honor the house by dressing up like a Ravenclaw character and, as Luna is one of my favorite characters (not only from this House), I decided to dress my avatar like her. Well, when I saw the contest I decided to use this costume not only because I like it, but also to show some Ravenclaw pride.

moony hare

6,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm
Great costumes everyone! Remember, they don't have to be HP related. (Though they can be if you like.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 pm
Great costumes everyone !

b e a r - c h o o

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 pm
LOOK AT MY COSTUME !
House: Gryffindor
Costume: Sirius Black
Description: Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban! Oh no worries Harry he is after Pettigrew not you. Although he has been free for a while he has not lost that disheveled look, his hair may be cleaner cut, but he has yet been able to shed the threads of azkaban, he has found a wand and when he is not using Buckbeak he found a broom to travel on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 am
A lot of Harry Potter themed 3nodding

b e a r - c h o o

NessiePotter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:51 am
LOOK AT MY COSTUME !
House: N/A Grad
Costume: Dolores Jane Umbridge
Description: Dolores, before she was carried off into the Dark Forest by he Centaurs. Of course, all pink. And a Blood drop brooch. (It was actually pretty hard to find something that looked ok to wear and match the books and movies.)

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff