Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Ideal Trek Series Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:42 pm
Diehard fans we might be, but I've yet to meet a fan who didn't think that "their" show/movie/book couldn't be improved upon. That's why we have fanfic, right? Anyway, I've had conversations with my (sadly few) Trekkie friends, discussing our "ideal" Trek series.

Here's the question, then. If you could redesign Trek, or create a new series, what would you do? Who (or what) would your series be about? Who would you get to be in the starring role(s) if it involved new characters?

I want a movie (or a series is even better!) devoted to... you guessed it- Q. I'm sorry, I'm a crazed fangirl. I can't help it! *laughs* The series would basically be devoted to the escapades of Q... and what he did to fix the results.

The fangirl strikes again!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:58 pm
I... almost can't resist replying but... I...

Oh, hell. Here comes my perfect Trek series in tiny text:

All Janeway, all the time. And she makes out with Chakotay a lot.

whee Yay.  

Ginga

GreenCat3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:04 pm
Deep Space Nine: The Next Generation!

I volunteer to play Julian and Ezri's kid. whee

Seriously, me and my mom had an idea for an ST series that could focus on the "desk job" side of Starfleet, like Star Trek: The West Wing. Or something like that.

Star Trek: Boston Legal would be pretty cool, too.

"Captain, we-"
"Denny Crane."
"What?"
"That's my name. You have to call me Denny Crane."
"WTF?!"

Hehe.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:16 pm
Ginga
I... almost can't resist replying but... I...

Oh, hell. Here comes my perfect Trek series in tiny text:

whee Yay.

eek ........ UM ......... eek
erm.........NO  

Sustineo

phoenixfireball

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:37 pm
A series about Section 31... biggrin Or Post Voyager 100 or so years.
Either would be Ideal for me to want to watch.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:15 pm
Personally, I think TOS, TNG, DS9, and VGR were ideal already, but I would've liked to have seen at least 1 regular character that was gay. I mean...come on, in an enlightened world like that, you can't honestly expect me, a gay man, to believe that they've killed off the entire gay population.  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:34 pm
Matiko-san
Personally, I think TOS, TNG, DS9, and VGR were ideal already, but I would've liked to have seen at least 1 regular character that was gay. I mean...come on, in an enlightened world like that, you can't honestly expect me, a gay man, to believe that they've killed off the entire gay population.

I do find it really sissy that they haven't had a gay character yet. Cowards! Rawr!

And @ [[charge]] - Like omg yes. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:18 pm
Ginga
Would that be just a series, or an entire Station? wink  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Ginga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:38 pm
Se Ga Takai
Ginga
Would that be just a series, or an entire Station? wink

Oooh... whee That would be heavenly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:50 am
Ginga
Matiko-san

I do find it really sissy that they haven't had a gay character yet. Cowards! Rawr!

Yeah, I don't think it'd be a big deal. It makes a lot of sense to have a gay character on Star Trek. Buffy:TVS had gay characters and nobody freaked out about it. But I think Star Trek producers/writers/etc are a little conservative, which may be why they haven't done it yet.  

Lindira
Crew

Spockk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:55 am
I have seen much doujinshi on Kirk and Spock...Maybe there can be a whole series about THEM heart Yum lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:39 am
Hazerdous Spock
I have seen much doujinshi on Kirk and Spock...Maybe there can be a whole series about THEM heart Yum lol.
O.o?

Trek seriously does need a gay character.... *lightbulb* And Riker could be involved with them! *laughs*

Star Trek: The West Wing... Interesting. Here's an idea. I like it. But I like all things Trek, so...

One about people BEFORE they joined Starfleet. Like, when Picard was Captaining the Stargazer... and whatever it was Sisko/Janeway did before they were Captains.

Or, and I like this one, a series about the people at the Starfleet Academy. I think that'd be cool.  

Rigu Ryu

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:34 pm
Rigu Ryu

Trek seriously does need a gay character.... *lightbulb* And Riker could be involved with them! *laughs*

Star Trek: The West Wing... Interesting. Here's an idea. I like it. But I like all things Trek, so...

One about people BEFORE they joined Starfleet. Like, when Picard was Captaining the Stargazer... and whatever it was Sisko/Janeway did before they were Captains.

Or, and I like this one, a series about the people at the Starfleet Academy. I think that'd be cool.

As you may remember, Riker dated Soran, whose entire planet's
population is technically androgynous or hermaphrodites, depending
on how you interpret that...so it wouldnt be a stretch at this point.
I doubt Frakes would be keen on it, but who knows?

Technically, Picard was a Starfleet captain of a Starfleet ship when he
commanded the Stargazer-which is why it has an "NCC" code.
But seeing some of "the early years" for some of the favourites
would be fun.

There was a comic book "Starfleet Academy" that I thought was great.
It covered the Academy as of Nog's arrival. It included the few staffers
we know about (including Boothby), and was centered on some cadets.
They included one more Decker (that family's had a lot of graduates
from the Academy), an Andoran, and a Vulcan in the regulars.
It even included the time Red Squad got sent on that secret mission
in DS9.
That showed me a series about the Academy would work.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:48 pm
More non-human characters.  

Shuromai

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:16 pm
Too many Goody-Goodys. All the Series have been Federation, Federation, Federation. What about teh Empires? Or better yet, here's an Original Concept, Outlaws. I think the whole Marquis storyline could have been interesting, but they can't really do it now. But a mix Pirate Ship would be interesting, with Cardassians and Klingons and other races working together for combined Ill-Will and Personal Gain 3nodding .

or if teh whole Pirate thing is too risky to get off the drawing Board, go Half Way with Smugglers. I think it would be interesting to break teh 'Hero' Mold and just have a small cast of people to kep interest in. it'll give a more indepth look at all teh Seedy parts of teh Quadrant, and you don't gotta deal with all teh Directives anymore. Plus, it opens up an entire new perspective - when a Leader gets into a tight Spot, they can't fall back and say, "Well, teh Prims directive is such-and-such, so we just can't. It could be SO cool! biggrin  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff