Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
A word of warning to my fellow losers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 pm
In middle school I was really large for a girl my age. Given that middle school is a very challenging time for kids I desired more than anything to be skinny. So, being stupid and young, I skipped breakfast and lunch everyday and then walked for about 45 minutes after class to my city's library. I lost weight really fast and kept it off. But here's the kicker guys, when I did that I developed gall stones. I suffered with them for 8 years before my I was finally diagnosed with the disease. Gall stone attacks hurt so much and the only thing I think I can compare it to is childbirth. Yesterday I finally got my gall bladder removed and my appetite will likely be changed for the rest of my life. So basically, my dear ladies and gentlemen, don't be like me. A fast fix to weight loss seems appealing now sad but you will more than likely pay for it later. Lose weight the healthy way by balancing your diet and exercising! Good luck and be careful!

Regards,
Ligand :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:05 am
Thank you for this. I completely agree, junior high is a transition into teenager-ism, preteens go through different emotions and sometimes it can make life harder. I hated my junior high school. The only two good things that came out of it were Ashley and Matthew. My two best friends who up to this day, we still hang out everyday! We go to our community college together, and Matthew and I have been dating since last October. So, I can't completely say I hated my junior high......but it still sucked pretty badly.

Now that your gallbladder is removed, does that mean you don't have that disease anymore? Or is it possible to get gall stones still, or even kidney stones? How will your appetite change? Will you be hungry more often? I guess that would be a good thing, you get a variety of foods.

I really hope removing your gall bladder solved the problem and that you only receive good news from here on out. heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Ligand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 am
I also met some of my closest friends in middle school too! =].

The gall bladder is a sack between your liver and stomach that stores bile. Bile is made by the liver and used in the stomach to digest fats. So if a healthy person were to eat a cheeseburger, their gall bladder would send bile to their tummy to break down the fats. In my case, my gallbladder had stones in it. So when i'd eat someone that required bile, my gall bladder would attempt to squeeze bile into my stomach. However the stones would occasionally block the exit of bile. So it's somewhat like taping a rock on top of a plastic bottle and trying to pour water out from the top. While my gall bladder was trying to get the bile to my stomach, I would be in intense fit of pain. The only way to make the pain stop was to wait for the food to move from my stomach to my intestines (which takes 3+ hours for someone with working bile transfer) or go to a hospital and have narcotics administered via an IV. Now that I have no gallbladder, my liver send the bile directly to my stomach. I won't have any more gallstone attacks but I will have more digestive issues in the future. The most recent problems I have now are pain from my surgery and complete loss of appetite. I haven't eaten since 10 surprised opm tuesday night and today is thursday 12:04 pm. I'm not hungry at all. My appetite will eventually pick up but it will never be the same as it was before. Eating will likely turn into something I'll have to remind myself to do rather than something my body tells me to do automatically. I also now have a long list of things I shouldn't eat. Some of the foods on the list are delicious :[.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games