Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
Who do you think is Death Note's Villain? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you consider Death Note's main baddie?
Light/Kira
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
L
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mello
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Near
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
BB (Yes, I know he's in Another Note. I just love his character so I had to put him as an option in this poll. x'D)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryuk
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Esule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm
Yeah.. just wondering, who do you see as the villain in Death Note? There are so many conflicting parties that it's not easy to figure out who you think is the "good guy" or vice versa. So voice your opinions! I want to hear what you think about this. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 pm
Well i think it depends on your veiws of justice. I think Light had his mind set on doing the right thing, but he was going the wrong way about it. What he did was cruel, even if it was criminals he was killing, that makes him a criminal also.  

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Esule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:02 pm
II_I2ain_II
Well i think it depends on your veiws of justice. I think Light had his mind set on doing the right thing, but he was going the wrong way about it. What he did was cruel, even if it was criminals he was killing, that makes him a criminal also.

I tend to agree with you; I mean, yes the idea is nice, but he's going about it no better than a common dictator. The way I see it, he kills murderers, so why doesn't he kill himself? I think it's because he's developed a god-complex. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:40 pm
Kira is the villain. L is innocent  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:57 pm
Dradenna
II_I2ain_II

I tend to agree with you; I mean, yes the idea is nice, but he's going about it no better than a common dictator. The way I see it, he kills murderers, so why doesn't he kill himself? I think it's because he's developed a god-complex. :/

Yeah thats probably why. The world isn't perfect, and you can't make drastic changes on it by yourself. The sooner people learn that the better. Also as much as i find ryuk hilarious, i partially want to blame him for it. Oh...you "dropped" it. stare Well MR "i love apples!" your carelessness started this.
(Then again, there would be no point of this anime if that didn't happen.... sweatdrop xD)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:44 pm
II_I2ain_II
Dradenna
II_I2ain_II

Yeah thats probably why. The world isn't perfect, and you can't make drastic changes on it by yourself. The sooner people learn that the better. Also as much as i find ryuk hilarious, i partially want to blame him for it. Oh...you "dropped" it. stare Well MR "i love apples!" your carelessness started this.
(Then again, there would be no point of this anime if that didn't happen.... sweatdrop xD)

Same here! x'D I think that secretly (or not so secretly *cough cough*), behind the funny actions is a conniving side.. o.o  

Esule

Astalakio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 am
Ryuk is the only villain.

Light came into a power and used it to put his views into practice. They conflicted with L's views, so L moved to stop him.

Both of these parties were doing what they thought was right.

Ryuk introduced the key factor in the form of the 'deadliest murder weapon in the history of mankind' (-Near) simply out of his own boredom. It is because of him that thousands of people, including the world's greatest detective, died.

He didn't think what he was doing was right, he simply didn't care. That's why Ryuk was the villain.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 pm
Astalakio

Light came into a power and used it to put his views into practice. They conflicted with L's views, so L moved to stop him.

Ryuk introduced the key factor in the form of the 'deadliest murder weapon in the history of mankind' (-Near) simply out of his own boredom. It is because of him that thousands of people, including the world's greatest detective, died.

He didn't think what he was doing was right, he simply didn't care. That's why Ryuk was the villain.

That's an interesting perspective, going right to the source. So you're saying that indifferent is worse than the strong moral conviction in the conflicting parties? I can understand that.  

Esule

Esule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:25 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Kira is the villain. L is innocent

I agree with you that L in innocent, or that he didn't deserve what happened to him. My enthusiasm for Death Note went down by a lot when he died.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:25 am
Dradenna
Astalakio

That's an interesting perspective, going right to the source. So you're saying that indifferent is worse than the strong moral conviction in the conflicting parties? I can understand that.

Yeah, I think it's more to do with the fact that he could have predicted what he was doing was going to cause mass chaos and he did it anyway. So yes, it's the indifference.  

Astalakio

Esule

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 pm
Astalakio
Dradenna
Astalakio

Yeah, I think it's more to do with the fact that he could have predicted what he was doing was going to cause mass chaos and he did it anyway. So yes, it's the indifference.

Kind of like an even larger form of premeditated murder than what Light was doing then, you could say.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:52 am
Dradenna
Astalakio
Dradenna
Astalakio

Kind of like an even larger form of premeditated murder than what Light was doing then, you could say.

Yep, I guess you could
3nodding  

Astalakio

DOA Louis3210 CSM

Ruthless Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 pm
I say Mello is the villian.
I never really liked him and he killed people just like Light.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 pm
Louis3210
I say Mello is the villian.
I never really liked him and he killed people just like Light.

wow, really mello? I just see him as more of a trouble maker than a villan, because he uses harsher methods to solve a case.
But i can see your point.  

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Sain After Dark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:22 am
The whole idea is there are no 'villains'. The author's point is that 'good' and 'bad' are merely perceptions, and that everyone, no matter how 'evil' has their side of the story.
(Sorry, my parents are both english teachers so I tend to read things like that...)  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff