Changing for PE during Monthly? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huntress_Lena

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:50 pm
So...I'm still kind of new and a little shy. ^^'

But anyways, I'm a Freshman and we have to change for PE. Before you just had to wear a Jersey so I didn't have to change my pants, but now I have to. And I wear Pads with Wings so I'm afraid that others will see it and maybe say something about it. I guess i'm just being paranoid but I'm kind of scared. I know that all girls go through it, but some girls at my school are kind of stuck up or really preppy and gossip a lot so I'm a little nervous about using pads with wings. Even without wings too, because later this year we have Swimming and I haven't used a Tampon before. D:

Any advice? ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 am
[~+~]

Well, don't worry, we won't bite. x3
I hope you enjoy it here. <3

As for the changing.
When i used to have to do PE.
It was more about being discrete.
You won't be the only one in the position, but understandably you don't want others to notice. Generally, i used to just turn to face the wall, as when you lift your legs up to get into the pants, that's where you tend to see it - so if you're facing the wall, most people shouldn't notice as they won't have a front view!
And if make sure you change your pants when wearing the longer shirt to give some extra coverage. x3
So if you're normal school clothes has a longer top, change your pants first for PE. Or if your top for PE is longer, change your top first.
Does that make sense? xD;

If worse comes to worse, is there a way you could just pop to the toilets? That's the other way of doing it. It depends on your facilities where you get changed.

In regard to swimming. If you don't feel comfortable wearing a tampon, simply get your parent to write a letter to the teacher excusing you from the lesson. (Or however it may work at your school!)
We had so many girls do that in PE when we had swimming. It's far better to miss a week, rather than swimming and having to worry constantly! The teachers will (unless they have some freaky thing going on) totally understand, and i'm 99% sure that other girls will do the same. :3

User Image

Empty Spiral

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 am
I remember those days. XD

I always hid behind a group of my friends or hid in the bathroom stalls while changing.

I dreaded those days. =/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 am
I don't know if people can still see the wings or not when you do this, but I usually wear second underwear above my regular ones. It also gives me more security that my pad will stay in it's place.

Happedol

Faemint

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Wearing another pair of underwear sounds brilliant, why did I never do that before? gonk

But yeah. I agree, just try to change like you wouldn't want anyone to see. And normally, I don't think the other girls are staring at everyone else, anyway, you know? Changing in the bathroom is good, too, but if you only do it when you have your period, it starts to get a little...obvious. But still, whatever works.

And the note from your parents with swimming should help, too. 3nodding Or maybe even just telling your PE teacher that you're on your period might work, if you feel comfortable doing so. You shouldn't have to do something if you're uncomfortable and don't want to wear a tampon. I can't wear a tampon, it's too painful...so I'm sure they would understand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm
^^ Thank you all!

Oh...wearing another pair of underwear sounds so smart. But...yet kind of uncomfortable cause I'm not used to wearing so my layers. xD
Yes..it's kind of obvious when you only do it once a month...so I'm a little worried... The good part is that my PE jersey is kind of long, but I would have to carefully put the shorts on so that no one would notice. When I did that, I hit my heel on the back of the little bench thingy...and that hurt for a few hours. D:
Um...and what sizes are Tampons? My mom got me a Regular/Normal size...but are there smaller ones? I can't get them to work....D: the thing is...I'm afraid that other students will suspect that the reason I'm not swimming is because I'm on my period so that's sort of obvious too...>.< I'm hoping that it's only for a little while and not during my time....

Also a question, but I started my Period again yesterday and this morning, I woke up with a really bad cramp. Then, I kind of threw up twice before going to school. I know, I shouldn't of gone but I had a tennis match and I have to do to at least half of my classes to be allowed to play....but I felt a lot better except that I still had some cramps after having some Alleve(sp?) meds. Is it normal to feel very sick and throw up? It might of been something I ate though....^^

Glad this guild is here...I barely ever talk about personal things, even to my mom so it's sort of embarrassing. ^^'  

Huntress_Lena

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 am
[~+~]

In regard to tampon size, it depends on how heavy your period is. If you tend to have light periods, you go for the smaller ones. Then if it's pretty average, go normal, and if it's really heavy you have to go for the bigger ones.

However. What i will say, is so what? Every single girl will have a period every month (or at least the majority at your age). I can assure you they won't make fun of you for not swimming because you're not on your period. And if they do, then there is something seriously wrong there hun. D:

I have known some girls to get to that stage because of their period. Unfortunately it is normal. However, if it starts to become unbearable, i suggest going to your doctor. :3

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 am
Well, don't try hide it too much, because then it'll get pretty suspiciouslooking.
I don't really care about it... No one looks anyway. It's completely normal and I personally dont think you should be embarassed.

I've skipped swimming several times because of my periods, and I've told some classmates too when they've asked... They don't really act weird. Okay, the guys get a bit embarassed. XD

There are stuff you can rub on your tampon so it can get in easier, and you should be able to buy small tampons in a normal store. I suggest you to begin with them.

Oh and I also dont think that you should be afraid to talk with your mom about this. She has it too, after all, and she's your mom. I think she'd be pretty happy if you ask her for help :3  

Artistic Pancake

Business Kitten

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:21 pm
Change in a bathroom stall?
And if you don't want to switch to tampons thats fine, but if you do... theres a thread about them somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:02 pm
Huntress_Lena
So...I'm still kind of new and a little shy. ^^'
But anyways, I'm a Freshman and we have to change for PE. Before you just had to wear a Jersey so I didn't have to change my pants, but now I have to. And I wear Pads with Wings so I'm afraid that others will see it and maybe say something about it. I guess i'm just being paranoid but I'm kind of scared. I know that all girls go through it, but some girls at my school are kind of stuck up or really preppy and gossip a lot so I'm a little nervous about using pads with wings. Even without wings too, because later this year we have Swimming and I haven't used a Tampon before. D:

Any advice? ^^

For The Worrie of people watching you:

Sweetheart, just stay calm. First off, if a girl is blatently staring at your crotch while you are changing, something is going down. And if she has the stupidity to randomly point out that you are wearing a pad, than everybody will know that she was staring. Every girl has a period, they don't care. If one of my friend was on her period, or a complete stranger in the locker room even, I wouldn't care. They would probably be more worried or freaked if you NEVER seemed like you were on ur period.

As for Tampons:
They come in sizes Slender, Regular, Super, and Ultra. For you, i would suddest using a sport's grade slender. They are a litttle rougher to put in (because the tampon itself doesnt have a smooth cover) but it opens around and is easier to remove.

For Swimming:
If you don't want to use a tampon, by law they cannot make you. It is your body, and they cannot force you to do omething which would make you uncomfortable. Have your parents write you a note. It doesn't have to all descriptive or anything, just a simple, PLEASE EXCUSE MY CHILD __________ FROM THE SWIMMING ACTIVITIES FOR THIS WEEK. SIGNED __________ should do.  

Denkou Soshiatae

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:10 pm
If you're changing during any other unit, then you can go into a bathroom stall, stand as far away from everybody else, or just try to be as discreet as possible. I use pads with wings during my period, but nobody has noticed it while I change. I guess I'm just lucky that nobody pays attention to me.

As for the swimming unit, I've never worn a tampon before in my life. (Does that make you feel better? :3) So, I need to either take a failing grade in P.E. (My school doesn't take in mind female needs.) or learn to use a tampon. My mom has never worn a tampon before... but I hope for the best.

If you find any better solution, tell me. I kind of want to know too. Haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm
Actually, I have the perfect trick for this.

I really don't ever have the time to ever go to the bathroom, so sometimes I just change in the hallways using this trick so that I won't get ogled/stared at, and won't be late for gym. (An empty hallway. My school is large.) Hehe, I'm like the only girl who does this razz

This trick makes it so that NO ONE can see a bit of skin of you, including the pad. (which is why you can use it in the hallways even.) Unless they like, crawl under your skirt and peek up.

First, wear a dress. Take your gym shorts and put them on underneath the dress. Get your arms out of the sleeves. The next part is a bit tricky. Put one arm through a shirt sleeve, so that one side of you is covered by the dress, and the other side of you is covered by the shirt. Then stick your head through, and pull the rest of the shirt down under the dress. Then take the dress off. (Or, if the dress is stretch enough, put the shirt on so that it is underneath the dress. Then get out of the dress. I don't think you need this shirt changing trick in the locker room.

It works if you are wearing shirts and pants. This particular way wouldn't be very appropriate in the hall. You pull a dress over your head, unbutton and drop your pants through your dress. As you're in a locker room, you can just change your shirt normally, but otherwise it would be a similar trick.

And tons of people use pads with wings. Don't worry about it. All of us women have periods, it's not something to be embarassed about.

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what my fellow classmates do when they have their period, but I've heard they sit out when they have to swim.  

An Invisible Shapeshifter

Sparkly Waffles

Kaiko luv

Friendly Friend

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:15 pm
Lol...someone who is nervous about this stuff. Anways, I usually just sit down pull my shirt over my area and put on my shorts/pants really quick if all the bathrrom stalls are full. Or I Put mY butt straight up against the wall. :3

~ Luv, Kaiko  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:11 am
Well, I looove PE and I'm a swimmer, so I can relate quite well to your situation.

(I haven't had PE in a few years because of hectic scheduling but..;o; )

Period? Pfft! We all have it.
Seriously, I don't think even the gossipy girls will gossip about it!
If they give you crap;
"Well sorry my hymen isn't quite stretched out enough for a tampon. <3"
Although that is, admittedly, a little mean. ;;

Anyway;
Bathroom stalls, like others have suggested.
It's realllyyy no biggie. No one cares!
Most girls aren't paying attention...
and if they are;
"You noticed? Oh my, that concerns me a bit."
once again..a bit mean ;;

Swimming;
I don't wear tampons.
Shhh. It's my little secret!
Try taking a bath and see if you bleed.
If you don't; you're like me and won't ever leak in water!
(idk why this is...I might be an alien?)
If nooot...
good luck! xD

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 am
Honestly, I don't think they will notice.
I can openly say that I've never noticed another girl wearing a pad while
changing or any other time. It's all in our heads and we think they notice,
but they don't. Also, it's nothing to worry about since it's 100% human.

Trying wearing a pad in your panties and then wearing hot pants over that
so the pad is no longer visible?

27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas