Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I feel fat :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 pm
It's been 3 weeks since my summer job ended. I was biking 50km per day as a bike patroller and now my exercise involves walking to my car from my school, a whole 2-3 blocks. But I still tend to eat like a bike patroller, even worse cause now I'm home so I eat the crap my parents have in the house.

I bought a rack for my own bike so I can bike to school but it has rained every day that I have class! Then I think about going on my elliptical but I tend to forget until after my shower and then I don't want to after im all clean and fresh.

I think the last time I weighed myself I'd packed on 5lbs already, I'm scared to weigh myself again. I feel chubby and like all that biking has gone to waste so fast. I feel really depressed when I go off track. I use to be so lazy and now if I don't get outside and exercise I beat myself up about it.

Do you have days or weeks when you just feel fat? Are you strict with yourself about your exercize and eating habits?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm
I always feel fat. Especially since I have been at university. Then I went home and got on a scale and saw that I had lost a few pounds. So I think everyone has those days even when they have gained.
I am not too strict but I make sure not to eat excessively. However it almost impossible for me to right now anyway. I walk a lot during the day so I don't really get out of shape. However I do need to workout more.

Don't let this bring you down! Just make sure to start it up again and don't let weather get in the way.  

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:49 pm
*pets gabrielle* You changed your name.

I think feeling fat is just a symptom of the change in your eating habits. I find that feeling fat is the first step towards change again. Good luck hon.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:47 am
I think that all women, regardless of size, have periods of time when they think that they are fat.

It's not having the feelings, but what you do with them that count, I think. On days that you feel fat, why? Is it because you're eating big portions, eating past the 'satisfied' mark until you're stuffed? Are you dehydrated, or have you changed your routine?

I started P90X and in 4 days gained 4lbs. I've been now waffling between +4 to +6.5 lbs for a month, but I'm starting to see the fat/bloat changing to muscle, and I notice that my numbers AS WELL AS MY FEELINGS get better when I eat less per meal, and have more meals. So that's how I fix it.

Just don't tie your feelings to the scale, because my numbers really haven't budged at all but I'm feeling lots better. If you find that getting out more is better, do so! You don't have to go anywhere far, I find that doing my homework under a tree in my yard is much better than in my room or dining room near the kitchen. I get fresh air and no chomping urges. So just play around and see what works for you.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Seraphsody
*pets gabrielle* You changed your name.

I think feeling fat is just a symptom of the change in your eating habits. I find that feeling fat is the first step towards change again. Good luck hon.

LOL, sorry, I spend 99% of my time in the pets and animals guild so I didn't really warn anyone else about the name change. It just makes it easier to link all my accounts by using my real name. I'll warn ppl in my siggy. The avi hasn't changed in like a year or more though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:41 pm
Take it one day at a time. I find that if I provide myself with an immediate reason for exercising like 'It will help me sleep tonight', it's easier to motivate myself than a reason like 'It will help me lose weight in the long run' where results will come gradually. Or when I'm planning to eat a food I know is bad for me, I think 'This will make me feel tired' or 'This will give me a headache' instead of 'This will make me gain weight'. By giving yourself an immediate benefit or consequence, it's both easier to stay on track and more noticeable when you don't.

Cabron the Swan

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games