Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Sunsway - I'm REALLY gonna do it this time. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunsway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:01 pm
I weighed in today... and I gained weight. Again. It's disheartening and weird, because I thought I looked slimmer. =( Since I didn't get anywhere in the five-or-so weeks I've been using my last journal, I'm turning over a new leaf. And I'll have a plan this time. =)

STARTING STATS:

Height: 5"7
Weight: 139.5 lbs

Goal: 125 - 130 lbs

Progress:
Week 1 (detox): 139.5
Week 2: 140.5 ---> +1
Week 3: 140 ---> -0.5
Week 4: 141 ---> +1
Week 5: 139 ---> -2 (weighed in 1 day late)

Net: -0.5

On Week 17, I shall be 130 lbs max. cool

For reference:
- Calories consumed
- Net calories burned (running only)
- Detox info  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:02 pm
PLAN: WEEK 6

Things to focus on:
- Eat consciously, slowly, chew well, enjoy.
- Do. Not. Chew. Cereal. Throughout. The. Day.
- When at home and not pressed for time, try eating only at the table. This would be a good non-negotiable rule but I'm not that strong. whee
- When eating think about the nutrition. Visualise it if you have to, all the good things being absorbed by your body. Concentrate on maximising the good stuff throughout the day, which would leave little room for the bad stuff. smile

NON-NEGOTIABLE: (to be carried over into following weeks)
1. No eating after 9; be in bed by 11.
2. When at home, have at least 3 bottles of water a day (= 1.8 L)
3. Have vegetables with at least 2 meals a day [if practical], or an equivalent amount even if it is one meal.

Week 6 exercise log:
Day 1 - [vacationing]

Quote:
(prev)
Week 5: vacationing - plenty of hiking

Week 4 totals:
Cycling - ~33 km
Running - 18 km

Week 3 totals:
Cycling - ~66 km
Running - 6 km

Week 2 totals:
Cycling - ~93 km
Running - 15 km

Sunsway

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 pm
just keep in mind that you might have more muscle, or you may be retaining water. nonetheless, good luck with your detox & remember to stay safe!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 am
Good luck yes, and good for you for trying. I'm considering something like that too, but I don't know if I'm that dedicated. ._.

Just remember, screwing up a little is much better than screwing up a lot, so if you're feeling really deprived, find a way to treat yourself.  

Tandahda
Crew

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 am
Good luck! Great detox foods include but are not limited to fruits, different types of berries, and different teas. You will end up using the bathroom a lot, but that is a good sign for detoxing.

Again, good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 am
WEEK 1 DAY 2 -- SUNDAY 29 AUGUST 2010

Thanks guys! I treat myself with rather large amounts of honey. I think that actually slows down the detox process, but I don't think I could handle it without a little leeway. Especially when I see people eating Tim Tams. xO

So, uhm... 30 mins of warm-up + yoga this morning, and I'm about to go for a walk. I also stocked up on fruit and vegetables. Otherwise I spent most of the day sitting around with my nose in a sci-fi book. smile

Oh! I found a new snack food -- puffed corn or rice grains. Also great in place of cereal with soy milk, fruit and honey. They don't have fat (well, negligible amounts) and have good carb content to fuel exercise (and potassium). Yum.

And about having more muscle/retaining water -- I agree with that, but I'm terrified of seeing a 140 on that scale. =( I do think I gained some muscle (I'm more toned than when I started out), but I still have, erm, baggage on my stomach, hips and thighs. Those usual problem areas. But my arms and calves are muscley. wink  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:56 pm
WEEK 1 DAY 5 -- WEDNESDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2010

Okay, having problems that aren't really related to my diet but it's sapping my energy. I'm looking for a new job because with my old one I just can't work as many hours a week as I want to, and I need that money to maintain my weekly savings goals. Stressstressstressstressstress. Furthermore, this whole looking for a job thing, constantly changing my resume and cover letter, hoping someone would give me a call... it's taking away my me-time and my study time. And I really need to get my grades up because hello, it's my academic transcript aka my future. Too bad, I really wanted to finish that really interesting sci-fi book I've been reading. I'll be reading tax law instead. How fun. Who needs sleeping pills?

Sorry, that was kinda moody. e_e Part of the reason I've been scarce lately by the way! I haven't checked other people's journals in a while. =(

Other than that... well, I've been eating within my constraints. Actually, less than that -- I haven't had eggs or hommus yet. But I eat a lot of puffed corn, haha. Erm.. need to exercise more, definitely. And I haven't been following the 'non-negotiable' be-in-bed-by-11 rule very diligently. surprised

EDIT: Exercise:
Running - evening - 4.5 km - 28:41  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:55 am
You should follow the bed rule, I find when I'm in bed before 11, my days are easier to stand. like... wayyyyy easier.

Stress less if you can, I know the pain it is to be looking for a job. But you'll find one, <3 Good luck,  

Tandahda
Crew

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am
I should follow the bed rule, too. e__e

And don't worry about coming off as moody, this is YOUR journal! I find that when I'm more stressed out (which has been the past 2 months almost constantly) my weight is effected. The more you keep track of these things, the more you'll know how to combat the problem. I really hope you're able to find a job soon, and good good luck with everything. <333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 am
WEEK 1 DAY 7 -- FRIDAY 3 SEPTEMBER 2010

Ah, thanks. I'm more chilled today, so no moodiness. cool The bed rule does help me feel more rested, but all the good programs are on after that!

Okay, so this morning I took a little peek at the scale and didn't like what I saw, which resulted in this:

Cycling - morning - ~19 km - 50 mins

I'm also a bit sore from that run a few days ago so I guess that whole water retention thing may apply as well. Or maybe it's just an excuse, haha. But it couldn't really be if I'm demoted to chewing on corn, it's not like I've been stuffing my face with cookies. Anyway. Fingers crossed for the weigh-in tomorrow. I may do some more exercise in the evening, or at least go for a stroll or something.  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:14 am
WEEK 1 WEIGH-IN (detox week)

Starting: 139.5 lbs
Now: 139.5 lbs

Ahah, okay. Yeah. No comment.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:22 am
WEEK 2 DAY 1 -- SATURDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2010

If I have time in the morning, I'll try exercising before breakfast. Cycling or yoga because I can't run without food.

Exercise:
Cycling - morning - ~19 km - 50 mins
Running - evening - 4.5 km - 28:33

I will also set a target week for reaching my goal. Right now I'm just cruising along with no specific date in mind, so maybe that's what I need. To visualise myself at my goal on a particular day, rather than just whenever.

So. I'll be 130 lbs max after my Week 17 weigh-in, which would give me 15 weeks to lose approx 10 lbs with a bit of breathing room.  

Sunsway

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 am
Don't feel bad if you're not losing weight immediately. Some people have to keep at it for a few weeks before their body decides to "get with the program." What's important is that you're putting in the work. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:07 am
Don't feel too bad about losing no weight. Remember my first week, I didn't lose anything, then the following I only lost 1 lbs. Then it got pretty consistent after that. You exercise A LOT! that's really good! So maybe, you need to get more food into your body. Doesn't your body turn carbohydrates into energy for exercising? Your are probably burning a ton of calories and maybe fat, but if you don't eat enough, your body will retain water so you won't dehydrate. I think your fat cells will inflate too if you don't enough because your body is trying to store what it needs to not starve to death, hence the body's "super starvation mode" that I always hear people address it by.

You run and ride your bike for long periods of time, including yoga. So, you must be burning a ton of energy and calories, which means you have to keep feeding your body to keep it strong and healthy. Not only will fruits do the the trick, but eating something every few hours.

Keep up the awesome work, you are doing great so far!  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:51 am
WEEK 2 DAY 3 -- TUESDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 2010

Yeah, no instant gratification in weight loss. D= I do exercise a lot, but I also use it as an excuse to binge... especially now that I've come off that detox and can eat whatever I want, haha. I'm deeeefinitely not in starvation mode. wink I'm gonna try to drink more and eat more fuit & veg, so hopefully that'll fill me up and take away the cravings. If I'm craving I'll try to drown that with tomato juice. I cut out cheese completely from my diet (surprisingly easy for something so addictive) but I still eat a lot of bread. I keep thinking it's carbs and I need carbs, so I eat some more. mad

So, uhm... no exercise today. I had almonds, two small apples and a modest amount of steamed vegetables at work so I came home hungry and ate. mad I should eat better when I'm out and then hopefully have the energy to go running or something. Planning to go cycling tomorrow morning, though!

I need to develop better eating habits... so, open questions for everyone:

- Do you plan your daily meals (and stick to it)?

- For snacks, do you buy muesli bars (or similar) or do you eat fresh/make your own?

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff