Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Slim by second semester (god damn it!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:39 pm
Holy jebus. Nothing is working right now. (Sadly and happily I know the reason why.) I'm getting tons of exercise, but I'm not eating well. I'm going to try a food diary again.

Some things. I've transitioned from vegetarian to vegan (again) and that has some effects. One, if I'm eating properly, I don't really have to worry that much about the calorie content of my foods, just whether or not I'm eating seconds or what not. Two. I've got to be a little more careful about my nutrition. I should have been doing that when I was a vegetarian too but there's something about being vegan that really gets me to focus on it like I should.

So. We're going to start over and retrain. Because I'm being bad lately and have to stop.

Weight: 164.8
Waist: 32''
Hips: 40''
Bust: 38''
Under bust: 34''
Neck: 13.5''

Goal:
Weight: 145
Waist: 24-26''  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm
Friday: Aug 27, 2010

Exercise:
Walking: 30 min
Hooping: 20 min

Food intake:
Fruit salad: 200 cal
Flat bread: 200 cal
Cliff bar: 250 cal
Coffee w/ soymilk: 50 cal
Lettuce: 30 cal
Pasta: 600 cal
Quinoa 250 cal

Total before blitz: 1600
Total after blitz: blown.

Post food blitz
A small bag of candy, Tortilla chips and salsa. A limonata. Better than I've been in the past but enough to totally blow my calories.

Notes:
I have been craving plain leaf lettuce. Washed. Nothing on it. ALL THE TIME lately! Its good I'm sure but jesus christ. I'm updating my intake list on my phone from now on. With rough estimates... that's all that really matters I guess.

VERY VERY tired and exhausted lately. Have to get more iron and protein I think.  

Tandahda
Crew

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm
I certainly hope that isn't all you've eaten today... If you haven't, I'd suggest going here to find out how many calories you need in order to lose weight correctly. Eating too little will cause your body to use muscle tissue and other such things instead of fat to lose weight. It doesn't start burning fat until you are literally starving after going several days without any food whatsoever, because when you under-eat, your body saved the fat as a last resort in terms of what to burn to stay alive.

EDIT: that's not to say you have to have a strict number of calories to eat every single day, because I see you're striving to get to a point where you don't have to watch your calories so much. But it helps to know how much in general you need for your body to lose weight, and to track it for a while and follow it so your body can get used to the amount of food you take in. That way you can sort of naturally just get a feel for it and get to know the amount of food you need each day. You'll eventually get to a point where you don't need to track calories because you already pretty much know what's a good amount of food to eat each day. It took me probably about a month of consistent calorie tracking to get used to it and now I barely bother because I know how much at each meal I should eat and how many snacks I should let myself have.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm
Heh. Thank you so much for posting that. I love to see other watchers out there making sure to try and make sure everyone's being healthy. I'm in British Columbia right on the coast, so my time zone is different. (Usually by the time I'm updating lunch, most people are updating dinner.) I know I should be getting no less than 1700 calories a day usually and more than that I should be eating appropriately for my level of exercise, which right now is kind of high.

Right now I'm tracking calories again because it keeps in my mind that I'm trying to go somewhere with all this, and forces me to think long and hard before I do something totally stupid like buy a big bag of chips and mow down.  

Tandahda
Crew

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 pm
I'm glad to hear that 3nodding I had a bad phase of under-eating and... such. So I do what I can to prevent others from having to go through what I've been through.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 am
Today: Saturday Aug 28th, 2010
Weight: 163.4

Intake:
2118 cal
Outtake:
Walking: 50 min (350 cal)

Notes:
I'm trying to up my iron and protein, which explains the vega shake, Hell. I add in curry powder (because its a great source of iron) and drink it. (strangely that makes the taste better not worse).  

Tandahda
Crew

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:35 am
Sunday, Aug 29, 2010

Intake:

Outtake:
282 cal (Walking 1 hr)

Notes:
If I can develop a habit to eat more than the maintenance of a heavy set man, I can develop the habit to combat the munchies and ******** whenever I want. ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:46 pm
You can do it! 4laugh  

pigeonsoup

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 pm
Thanks Lauren,

Monday, Aug 30, 2010

Intake:
Roughly 2500 cal

Out take:
Roughly 600 cal

My plan today is to get 15 minutes of jump rope in today, by jumping for 1-2 minutes at a time throughout the day. I'm also planning to do walk or ride to go hooping later tonight.

So that's my plot...

Hi. My name is Seraph, I have an eating problem. But I'm trying to deal with it big time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:11 pm
Ok. So this overeating thing has got to stop. ._. I've been getting exercise but nothing more. Augh. It's enough to drive me mad.

In:
2015 cal

Out:
147 cal  

Tandahda
Crew

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:31 am
Wednesday, Sept 1, 2010

Breakfast
1 slice toast w/ peanut butter 250 cal

Snack:
Crap ton of lettuce 30 cal (serious, gods all bless this new love of plain lettuce.)

Lunch:
Curried chick peas and Polenta 400 cal

Snack:
garlic sprouts: 50 cal
Lettuce: 20 cal

Dinner:
Same as lunch: 400 cal

Chips, candy. 700 cal

1850 cal

Exercise:
TBA

The real test will be seeing if I can avoid eating crap at work. Seeing as I get my meals free there...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am
You're so lucky. D: Use this new-found love of lettuce to your advantage!
Haha, when I eat vegetables I have to pretend I'm an animal or I can't. I'll walk around eating carrots pretending I'm my horse. I'm so weird. ): Hahaha.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:12 pm
My brother used to pretend he was a cow and eat sprouts.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 am
OK. I've got myself a pattern here.

Wake up, eat really REALLY healthy throughout the day, exercise and s**t, come home and pig the **** out.

Gotta quit that.

Bigger portions of healthy foods for lunch and breakfast me thinks.

Good news: I've been maintaining a steady vegan diet without any slip ups, so I should be able to turn that will into also denying empty calories.

I am vegan, I eat nutritious foods, I do NOT fill up on empty calories. I exercise. I am healthy.

Food:
Breakfast:
2 waffles 230 cal

Lunch:
Miso lemon tahini noodles 650 cal

Dinner:
Miso lemon tahini noodles 550 cal

Snack
Protein bar 200 cal
Lettuce 70 cal
Mentos: 140 cal
Handful chips: 60 cal
Exercise:
30 min yoga. 100 cal
110 min walk 150 cal

In:
2100 cal
Out:
590 cal  

Tandahda
Crew

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:03 am
i do that whole "eat fine until i exercise, then go home & eat everything too" thing >.< i made myself some healthy trail mix(raw & organic nuts, seeds, & dried fruit) & so far unless my ex calls it seems to work... i binge after talking to him & i need to work on that sweatdrop

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff