Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
Do You Use Gaia's Alice Forum? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you frequent Gaia's Alice forum?
  Yes
  Nope
  What forum?
  I'm in the mood to answer to none of the above! >:D
View Results

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 am
You probably know by now that Gaia has an Alice in Wonderland form that is specifically devoted to, obviously, Alice and her adventures in Wonderland. I clicked my way into it by accident, and have some questions for the most awesome AiW guild in Gaia:

Do you post/spend time in Gaia's Alice in Wonderland forum?
If so, why?
And, if so, what are your favorite/least favorite aspects about the public forum?
If not, why not?

Discuss! *pelts thread with confetti*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:47 am
=o
I didn't even know that there was a public forum dedicated to that. I may just go check that out.

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:04 am
Ok.... So I just went through the forum... I personally do not like it that much. Yes there are a lot of different threads but I guess I just don't like the majority of people in there. The few threads concerning the books and the 1950s Disney movie were bombarded with people who have either only watched the Tim Burton movie or have seen both versions but are avid Tim Burton followers. And whenever somebody tries to explain why they like the new one, it's always because it's Burton or Johnny Depp.
The one thread I did enjoy though was "Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?" XD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Yeah... I was clicking around in there yesterday (or was it this morning..?), and a lot of the threads I went into I ended up leaving without commenting on because of that in particular. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but all the chat speak was making me unhappy. And it really was getting to me when people said they weren't interested in reading the books, making assumptions about it as a whole based just on the movie.

I haven't gotten into that thread... I may go check it out anyway.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 pm
hm I didn't even know we had an Alice in wonderland forum. well i'll just have to make my way on over there and see what they have in that forum.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:32 am
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Actually I often go to that forum but only post when I find a topic that isn't full of chatspeak.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm
Yeah, I've been clicking through threads and seen you a few times, Azure. ^_^

The more time I spend in the forum, the more I feel like I'd enjoy it more if a lot of the threads weren't all saying the same thing. o_o I mean, one huge 'Mad Hatter is hot' thread I could deal with... but why are they in multiples? It perplexes me... *puffs on bubble pipe*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:43 am

You probably noticed me complaining a lot then? XD That or acting rather stoic... its all the chatspeak... it makes me sad.

The amount of people who haven't read the books or seen other movie adaptations in that forum is scary.

Azure Caterpillar

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:45 pm
ah that forum. I just avoid it altogether, since I suspect that most of the people there just like the movie and may have never enjoyed the books. Plus from what you two are saying about the chatspeak it might drive me mad trying to decipher what theyre saying.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:50 pm
Stoic's probably a good word, Azure. XD Yes, it seems like it takes a lot of patience, that... And you know, that might be the smart thing, Kahlan. @_@ I mean... I popped into some threads to try and get a discussion going, and there wasn't much to go on. T^T

But you know what also gets to me? All of the people who throw their assumptions about the books/the books' 'meanings' and/or their author. Like, in one thread people insisted, with 100% surety, that Alice in Wonderland was written as a result of LSD use. Which, to the forum's credit, several point out... and yet... it just keeps getting sited as fact. By people who haven't read the book or haven't done much real research on the subject. I mean, I'm by no stretch an expert, but at least I can admit it. ^_^;;;

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah... stoic. XD There's also a lot of trolls in the forum. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 pm
Yeaaaah... I noticed that. Don't these people have anything else they can be doing? >_<  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

PurpleAlzir

Distinct Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm
They could always read the original book, I highly doubt they would though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:02 am
Azure Caterpillar

Actually I often go to that forum but only post when I find a topic that isn't full of chatspeak.

Ha, this. Dx

Lady March Hare
Stoic's probably a good word, Azure. XD Yes, it seems like it takes a lot of patience, that... And you know, that might be the smart thing, Kahlan. @_@ I mean... I popped into some threads to try and get a discussion going, and there wasn't much to go on. T^T

But you know what also gets to me? All of the people who throw their assumptions about the books/the books' 'meanings' and/or their author. Like, in one thread people insisted, with 100% surety, that Alice in Wonderland was written as a result of LSD use. Which, to the forum's credit, several point out... and yet... it just keeps getting sited as fact. By people who haven't read the book or haven't done much real research on the subject. I mean, I'm by no stretch an expert, but at least I can admit it. ^_^;;;

That's the reason I rarely go there anymore. u.u  

Sh0ur4i

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 pm
Yeah... I think I'm pretty much done with haunting that forum. It kinda makes me sad... I wanna have discussions, not pointless arguments! T^T  
Mad Hatter Chatter

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff