Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
To all Vegans, who's the most annoying? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegans: Out of these choices, which group annoys you the most?
  Omnivores
  Vegetarians
  Pescetarians
  People who only eat poultry and no other meat
  "Happy Meat" eaters
View Results

winnlovesyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:30 am
So yeah, whose the most annoying faction? If you are more annoyed by another faction, please comment below because I didn't have enough space to put all the options I wanted to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:07 pm
What's the point of this topic? And what's yours and why?  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:16 am
I'm not vegan but I don't find people annoying because they do or don't eat certain foods. In fact the whole idea of judging someone based on their diet seem quite silly to me.
Maybe you could put a 'I try not to judge people before I meet them' or a 'I don't discriminate against any group of people' option in your poll?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:53 pm
It's just that quite a few of my vegan friends find certain groups rather annoying, and I was curious to see what other people's opinions are.  

winnlovesyou

jacketcat

Friendly Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 am
I'm not annoyed by any of these people. Their diet is their own right and opinion. And being negative towards them won't get them to change their diet, so there's no point.

The only people that annoy me are people who say they are vegetarian or vegan, and then you'll see them eating a type of meat, and they'll say, "Oh, I am vegetarian... But I just eat *insert meat here*." Those are the only people that annoy me, because they are being misleading about real vegetarians and vegans. If they use the right term (like pescetarian, for example) or tell you straight out that they eat something that's not vegetarian/vegan, it doesn't bother me at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:01 pm
Jinxcat666
The only people that annoy me are people who say they are vegetarian or vegan, and then you'll see them eating a type of meat, and they'll say, "Oh, I am vegetarian... But I just eat *insert meat here*." Those are the only people that annoy me, because they are being misleading about real vegetarians and vegans. If they use the right term (like pescetarian, for example) or tell you straight out that they eat something that's not vegetarian/vegan, it doesn't bother me at all.

^what she said
But yeah, I had a friend whom called himself vegetarian but ate not JUST chicken but ALSO fish...

Like what? o.0

But yeah, if you call yourself the proper term then I'm cool with it. I'm a vegan, and while it saddens me for people to be omnis, I don't go hatin' cuz that only makes me make ALL veg*ns look like jerks.
And not to mention if you've done research on how to be *whatever* healthily, you'll know the proper term.  

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

nautilus96

2,100 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:08 pm
okay, for real, you can't say that pescaterians are most annoying than omnivores. at least they come out and say they're pescetarians- if they don't that's another story. that's liars  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:41 pm
I find both the overzealous meat eater, and overzealous vegan to be quite annoying.
Like, "cruelty free" implying that the thing itself is "cruel".
People who judge others on whether they eat something or not.
Vegans that always put a whole bunch of obscure ingredients in their recipes, and expect/talk like everyone can do it. Also the ones who only do it for yuppy reasons. (i.e.: I only do it cause It's cool to do it!)
I find a lot of vegan restaurants around here are pretentious because it's more expensive, even if it's not organic. So I get the vibe from them like, "if you can't afford it on your normal salary, you shouldn't be here". That's just the vibe I got once.. There are not too many veg*n restaurants around here.

Naynram Ukir

Banvivrie

Familiar Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:30 pm
I would prefer not to think too badly of any group overall, just because I've chosen to give up animal products doesn't really give me the right to be judgmental. That said, it does irritate me when I hear people say they are 'vegetarian, but they still eat (insert chicken/fish here)'. Similarly, I don't like hearing people who claim to be vegan saying they eat animal products 'once in a while'.

Mistakes like that being so common have made defining vegetarians and vegans very hard for most of society, and this can make things more difficult for those that actually do stick to veg*n choices.

Lack of common education on what it means to be veg*n annoys me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 am
Based on my research, vegans hate beegans, lol.
But seriously... I'm not going to learn things like that based on research. >.>

I don't find anyone annoying unless they actually do something pesky. Like if something tries to get me to eat meat... I've dealt with this a lot for the past six years of my life so I've developed a heavy tolerance, but it can still get annoying. I normally just laugh and joke about it.
However, if one of them managed to annoy me enough, I would eat meat...

I would bite their ******** fingers off. ^___^  

Pinny Nickels

Peppermint Cherry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 am
pescatiarian irritate me because every single one I have ever met is a rude, hypocritical idiot. If I ever meet a nice pescatarian, I think my opinion of them might change,
Other than that, the rest of those groups have their nice people and their rude ones, just like everything else in this world.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:54 am
Well now that I think of it, male omnivores tend to be dicks. I hadn't really thought about it before, but I realized whenever a male meat eater finds out I'm a vegetarian he will constantly make idiotic comments.

I don't like most males anyway. neutral Not sure why most of them are so ******** stupid (though I know some great ones smile ).  

Pinny Nickels

Kayei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 am
The only time I'm annoyed by these types of people is when they say something along the lines of "I'm a vegetarian...except I eat -insert some sort of animal flesh or other animal product-".

My dentist had me believing that his daughter was a vegetarian, and then after awhile he mentioned that she also ate fish. Yeah...no. She's not a vegetarian. She still eats animal flesh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm
I'm annoyed with people that think they can eat fish and still be considered a vegetarian  

Blame Hoffmann

Wealthy Fatcat

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 am
I know this girl irl who said "I don't care when an animal dies"... Right after I said something about being upset when a skunk died. (they're so cute and furry).

I don't know... it just upset me. She followed with "If I ran over an animal with my car I'd be upset but not when someone else does.

She's an omnivore obviously but she says things that I just find cruel. :/  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces