Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
PS1 Final Fantasy Summer Binging Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 am
So with my brand new debit card, I made several purchases of games, memory cards, and things of the like. My goal is to finish Final Fantasy 5-9 over the course of the summer. I'm about a third of the way through 5 and the summer has just begun (er, so I started a little late). "Done" in the sense of this accomplishment will be either to get all unlockable characters, jobs, or summons and beating the final boss. Not going for the uber intense beat all the extra bosses, get everyone to 99, master all jobs/abilities, or get everyone's ultimate weapon. Just going for the relatively basic clear and if there's time, I'll try to sweep those extra bosses up just for bragging rights. Wish me luck ;D  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 am
good luck with that, lol it sounds like what I do with Onimusha, I end up playing them over the summer but usually beat them within a week. all 4 of them to be exact. I havent really replayed the other FFs this summer except the Ps3 re release of FF IX which compared to my first time playing it I did a hell of alot better even though I forgot most of what to do and what not.  

Soleiyu Bezarius

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm
I am replaying FF4 and FF4 the after yrs all characters stories FF6,FF12, and FF13 this summer  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 pm
I'm enjoying FFV so much right now. Job advancement in this game is so unique IMO.  

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:28 am
My goal is to finish V, VI, XII, and XIII for the first time and if I have time left over play VIII again cause I haven't played it in a long time. I'm on the last dungeon in XII, near the end of XIII (or at least I believe so since I don't have a guide for that one), barely started VI, and haven't even touched V. My only obstacle this summer would be that I've got a huge AP calculus packet to get through, and a couple of Lit books to read. Wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 am
Good luck with it!

I'm hoping to complete Final Fantasy Tactics, X and XII this summer ^-^  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm
regular tactics, wotl, advance, or advance 2?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 am
Ahhh, that's a good idea. Is what I should be doing, since I haven't beaten any of the earlier ones and have instead spent some hundred hours playing IX again, but all I'm really working on now is the original Final Fantasy that I got on my phone. biggrin I think it's harder than Dawn of Souls, though...

Wish I could play V, actually, but Anthology has this stupid glitch that makes it almost impossible to play on the PS3. confused  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:28 am
i thought all of the psx games were suckish or non-working on the ps3?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 pm
So far, I only played FF tactics (PS1) this summer... Knowing me, I'll probably play FFIX again and not any previous FF ones I haven't played. What can I say? I like that one the most so far. I'll get to them soon though...  

kitty868theonly

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 pm
xMikenno_Butaix

Nahhhhh. I know the newer PS3s aren't backwards-compatible at all, but mine will play most games. The only Final Fantasy I've had a problem with is V. What it does is it doesn't let you save your game after you get Galuf. So it's not impossible to play, but... yeah, I'm not going to try and go through the whole game without saving.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 am
Ravenwolf
xMikenno_Butaix

Nahhhhh. I know the newer PS3s aren't backwards-compatible at all, but mine will play most games. The only Final Fantasy I've had a problem with is V. What it does is it doesn't let you save your game after you get Galuf. So it's not impossible to play, but... yeah, I'm not going to try and go through the whole game without saving.

good luck razz use the memo save feature razz  

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am
xMikenno_Butaix
Ravenwolf
xMikenno_Butaix

good luck razz use the memo save feature razz

Nope, doesn't work either. sad For a while I was hoping they'd do a DS remake like with III and IV so I'd have decent reason to buy it again, but doesn't seem like there's much chance of that right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:45 pm
Well, I failed razz Too much going on over the summer. I only managed to get about halfway through 5. So far, I got a copy of 4 and got about 3/4 of the way though it within a couple days. biggrin  

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm
Hahaaaaa, funny thing; I just got a ROM for V a couple of days ago. I'd forgotten how awesome it is, and I have a new appreciation for Faris. smile I really hope I can actually finish it now....  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff