Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:01 am
I've started over so please don't post in here, let this thread die.

[ biggrin Welcome to my Log! Support/comments are welcome! biggrin ]

Starting Weight: 197
Current Weight: 174

I'm going to use this space as a food and exercise log.

But first, an intro. 3nodding

Name: Sarah
Height: 5' 5.5"
Highest weight ever: 197 lbs
Starting weight: 195 lbs (I lost my first 2 lbs in 3 days by just adding a TON of fruits to my diet)
Starting BMI: 32.0 (Obese) T-T
Ultimate Goal: 130 lbs.

**EDIT as of Friday, Mar 25, 2011**

My weight still fluctuates between 173 and 176, but I'm not complaining because I'm so happy I haven't gained weight since last year. I've been craving a good run so I think I'm going to start running again. The rainy weather finally stopped and the sun is out. My ultimate goal is to lose 44 pounds which will get me down to 130, but my main goal right now is to lose 20 pounds (or possibly more) by August 16 (which is the start of my university experience). I basically want to get down to either 150 or 152 since that is the border of a healthy bmi for me. Then I'll lose the last 25 pound at school, it shouldn't be to hard since I'll be living on campus come august. But for now, I have to be dedicated...I can't give up and this guild has never failed me before when I needed motivation so I know I can count on you guys! <3

Rules: 
•Be in bed by 10pm 
•get at least 2 cups of green tea daily.  
•no sugary or carbonated drinks 
•Small portions! 
•do as much walking and running as I possibly can 
•get at least 2.5 L of water a day (5 16.9 fl oz water bottles) 
•try and eat no later than 7pm (or nothing 3 hours before bedtime)
•no eating out unless if it's an emergency or I have absolutely no choice!
•get as many fruits into my diet as possible. 
•try not to over eat, eat slow and then wait 15 mins to see if I'm still hungry, if so then eat a little more. 

This is the set-up I will try to use:

[center][size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Insert date here[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Breakfast[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]
[color=black]_____text______[/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Lunch[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Dinner[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Snacks[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]
[color=black]______text______[/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Water (quantity)[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]
[color=black]_____text_______[/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]Today's Outtake[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]

[size=20][color=red][b][[/size][/color][/b][size=15][color=black]End of Day Thoughts[/size][/color][size=20][color=red][b]][/b][/size][/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:25 am
[ Day 1: Monday, July 12th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg mixed with bell peppers, 1 wheat tortilla. 1 glass of Horchata.

Morning Snack: A small salad, made with romaine and iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and an italian vinagerette dressing.

Lunch:
One 6 inch veggie sub from subway, wheat bun, light ranch.

Afternoon Snack: A fruit smoothie made with, 1 bananna, about 6 or 7 small strawberries, 4 oz of non-fat milk, 8 oz (1 cup) of crushed ice, all blended togehter.

Dinner: The second half of my subway sandwich. A 6 inch veggie sub with wheat bread and light ranch.

I drank plenty of water through out the day.

I have to say, I think I did pretty good for my first day. I made sure to eat slow and small portions.

Tip of the day: Carry peanuts/cashews/almonds as a snack just in case if I'm out and about and get hungry.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am
[ Day 2: Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 fried, over easy egg inside a wheat bun, grilled mozzerella cheese, and bellpeppers cooked inside.

Lunch:
Went out to eat at Nature's Grill. (vegetarian friendly) I bought the "Buddah Burrito." It was made with a wheat tortilla and had brocolli, cauliflower, wheat rice, black beans, (I think it had more veggies, but I can't remember what they were.) topped with a tbsp of guacamole and sour cream, light cheese, and a small side salad with low fat itallian dressing. Matthew and I shared the appetizer together. "Veggie Nachos" made with blue corn tortilla chips, wheat rice, black beans, tomatoes, olives, red onion, cheese, and light sour cream and guacamole.

Dinner:
1 large salad from Toppers Pizza (where I work) with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, shredded cheese, develed eggs, cucumbers, carrots, croutons, and ranch dressing. 1 glass of pink lemonaide.

Night time snack:
1 glass of blended smoothie, made with strawberries, apples, orange juice, and a very small amount of milk. I made enough for the entire family. Total ingredients: about 13-15 strawberries, 1 large apple, 8 cups of orange juice, about 2-4 oz of milk, all blended together.

Exercise:
Walked/Ran for about an hour (roughly) with dad, brother, and Tipsy.

I drank lots of water through out the day.

Tip of the day:
When I decide to eat out, cut the meal in half, only eat half, and save the other half for later. This will prevent over eating.

And

STOP EATING OUT SO MUCH! I felt kinda guilty for eating out twice today eventhough no meat was involved and it was all healthy.......The only non-healthy thing I consumed today was probably the pink lemonaide. But it was just one glass and I think it is lite lemonaide....don't remember. Matthew and I found some vegetarian restaurants that we both want to try. On thursday, we want to go to Mary's Secret Garden, it's 100% vegan! heart It's a dinner restaurant though, so it's open only from 4pm-9:30pm. Everything is supposedly fresh, healthy, and organic. And NO MEAT! heart Today's food was pretty delicious. I'd definitely go back again. Souplantation is another one of my favorite places. It's really veg friendly. Either way, I'm excited for this Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:14 am
Welcome to the guild! I'm Stars, if you need anything don't hesitate to drop me a line via PM or my journal. (:

I'm a picky eater so I don't think that I could be a vegetarian, but it's really good that you have such variety in your diet: eating lots of different foods will definitely help you achieve your weight-loss goals as you'll be getting all of the nutrients you need. (: Do you take a multi-vitamin, too?
I'm not very familiar with vegan/vegetarianism, but everything you're eating sounds delicious! x)

I'd also never even thought about changing my diet-only, for me diet and exercise go hand-in-hand. But it'll be interesting to see what just a change of diet can do for you!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:14 pm
Thank you so much smile

No, I'm not familiar with any multivitamin pills. At least good ones. I'm afriad of buying random pills, and having them hurt more than help.

I love being vegetarian heart There's a healthy substitute for pretty much anything. Like, instead of meat burger, I could have boca! I love boca soooo much. And then to substitute chicken and turkey, many veg's like to use either tofu, or seiten. I have yet to try those, but I'm investing money in 2 vegan cookbooks so I hope to try some new dishes very soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am
[ Day 3: Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg with bell peppers.

Morning snack:
Some more of that strawberry/apple/orange juice smoothie.

Lunch:
Grilled cheese sandwich using a wheat bagel, mozzarella cheese, and bell peppers.

Afternoon snack:
Some more of that strawberry/apple/orange juice smoothie.

Dinner:
Grape leaf rolls (about 15, they were short and thin in size) with rice and ground beef cooked inside, with yogurt on the side.

Night time snack:
1 banana, 7 small strawberries, 4 oz of milk, and 8 oz of crushed ice, all blended together to make a strawberry banana smoothie. 1 grape leaf roll on the side.

Exercise:
Walked Tipsy for about 50 minutes, roughtly.

Tip of the day:
Never grocery shop for food when hungry!

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 am
[ Day 4: Thursday, July 15th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg with bell peppers, 1 wheat tortilla. 5 thin grape leaf rolls.

Lunch:
Ate out at Souplantation. I had a large salad with fat free ranch and various veggies. 1 Small serving of vegetarian lentil soup. 1 Small serving of mushroom alfredo noodles.

Dinner:
Ate out again ( crying ) at Mary's Sercret Garden (100% vegan). I had a small serving of falafel with tahini sauce, 1 small wheat pita, 1 small serving of hummus, and a small salad of cucumbers/tomatoes and a vinaigrette dressing.

Night time snack:
1 banana, 7 small strawberries.

I had two glasses of lemonaide throught out the day.

Plenty of water.

Tip of the day:
Always carry water!

Just a rant:
I hate eating out so much. Even though they are small portions of healthy food, I always feel like I'm doing something unhealthy, and over eating. I really like Nature's Grill, and Mary's Secret Garden. They're uber yummy. 4laugh

Also, I want to see what I will weigh on Monday. Monday's will be my weigh-in days. If I end up losing weight, I might start adding green tea to my everyday diets (no sugar or honey added). If I gained weight, then I'm going to start doing some hard core exercising, not only running/walking, but sit up, push ups, stretches, and maybe weight lifting. I don't have weights,m but I have heavy books.

I'm trying to stay off of meat as much as possible, but my parents always shop/cook meat! It's frustrating. I don't have/make enough money to shop for myself. Oh well, I think I've been doing pretty good. I've been getting a lot of fruits, veggies, and wheat lately.

(I can tell because I've been passing gas a lot) rofl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:47 am
It actually sounds like a good, well-rounded diet. The bulk of your food when you dine out seems to be vegetables -- what's the guilt for?

Out of curiosity, how long have you been vegetarian? Is fish allowed?  

Sunsway

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am
Vegetarians don't eat fish, fish are meat. People who want to eat fish and avoid all other meats call themselves Pescetarians when they're not trying to confuse the general populace into thinking vegetarians are ok with eating fish. (Sorry, its a serious peeve of mine to go to events and be told I can eat the fish and that its ok because they know 'lots of vegetarians who eat fish'.)

Oblivion your diet is really healthful, you're going to hit your target for sure. : )  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm
Thank you both. I eat mostly salads and many different veggies, I just always connect eating out with negative connotations. But you guys are right, I've been eating healthier now than ever before in my life. I really hope I lose weight.

People who eat fish are not vegetarian, but actually pescetarian. I don't know why vegetarians would think it's ok to eat fish, fish are animals, therefor, animal meat.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 pm
[ Day 5: Friday, July 16th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 fried egg, over easy, with cooked broccoli and cauliflower in a wheat bagel toasted with mozzarella cheese (only on one side, not both)

Lunch:
7 grape leaf rolls, 1 tomato, 1 glass of horchata.

Evening Snack: (Before work)
Strawberry banana smoothie, made with 1 banana, 8 small strawberries, 4 oz of milk, 8 oz of ice.

A handful of cashews during work, 2 & 1/2 hours later.

Dinner:
Roughly about 15 kalamata olives, goat cheese, 2 wheat tortillas.

Plenty of water through out the day. So much in fact, that during a 4 hour shift at work, I had to pee 3 times. xD

Tip of the Day:
Don't wait until I'm STARVING to eat. Keep eating small meals every few hours to keep my metabolism up and so my body won't go into super-starvation mode.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm
[ Day 6: Saturday, July 17th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
2 wheat tortilla burritos with rice and meat inside. (it's all we had so it's one of those times where I was forced to eat something I didn't want to) The amount of rice and meat was a total of about 4 or 5 table spoons.

Afternoon snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
1 home made veggie sandwich with 2 whole wheat slices of bread, 1 whole sliced tomato, lettuce, goat cheese, roughly about 6 or 8 olives (I sliced them myself)

Dinner:
8 grape leaf rolls

During work snack:
just a few cashews.

After work snack:
same veggie sandwich, but with added bell peppers.

Plenty of water through out the day.

Tip of the day:
Be patient. The pay-off for hard work will take time.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 am
Vegetarians + fish = nono, got it. O_O I'm glad I didn't ask a vegetarian that face to face, that would've been awkward. And slightly scary, maybe.

Reeeally delicious: pita stuffed with hommus and various vegetables. Mmmm. It sounds like something you might enjoy!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Sunsway
Vegetarians + fish = nono, got it. O_O I'm glad I didn't ask a vegetarian that face to face, that would've been awkward. And slightly scary, maybe.

Reeeally delicious: pita stuffed with hommus and various vegetables. Mmmm. It sounds like something you might enjoy!

Ah yes, being middle eastern, I love pita and hummus very much. heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm
[ Day 7: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg with bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower with 1 wheat tortilla.

Lunch:
5 grape leaf rolls and 1 banana/strawberry smootie made with 1 banana, 7 or 8 strawberries, 4 oz of non dairy soy almond milk unsweetened, and 8 oz of ice.

Afternoon snack:
a smoothie with 1 apple, 1 banana, about 13 strawberries. (made 3 servings, I only had 1 serving)

Dinner:
1 wheat quesadilla (2 wheat tortillas) with light pepper jack cheese, olives, and bell peppers

Night time snack:
1 banana

Exercise:
40 min walk

Lots of water through out the day.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day! I'm exited to see how many lbs I dropped this week. Also, starting tomorrow, I'm going to try and walk more often, and maybe start drinking green tea multiples times a day.

Midnight snack:
1 wheat tortilla with goat cheese, and about 9 black olives, 4 grape leaf rolls (small).

Tip of the day:
try to eat all meals before 7:30pm, (or 3 hours before bed time).

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff