Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Edit: Yay, I found info showing lukless mages aren't dead! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 am
BigBang update in KMST. -_-

So, anybody know if 80 luk is good now?

edit: Magical avoid needs more luk though. =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm
What did they change to make them be 'screwed'?

Edit: Never mind, I found out why.

Edit 2: This patch brings tears of happiness to my eyes. I only hope it reaches GMS.  

TaerkDS
Captain

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 pm
You didn't answer my second question about mages and luk. >.<

And, it'll probably be here in 6 months. =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm
Cabbage Emperor
You didn't answer my second question about mages and luk. >.<

And, it'll probably be here in 6 months. =P

From what I've seen, you'll be fine at your current LUK. You'll have misses here and there, though and with the new system misses will be showing up more.

I really don't know what to say, it is under testing, so we can't make an assumption yet.  

TaerkDS
Captain

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm
No, there was a video of a lukless bishop missing a Ligator somewhere so. -_-; screwed.

Well, I gotta find it. Someone said something on basil about it.

Well, can't trust that since the guy never posted the vid link. >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That made me squeal with delight. Wild Hunter? SO my style! Can't wait for GMS. :'D

white inks;; 16/500
gaia-sama;; 30k/6mil
- - ->>formspring

Uffs

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 am
I'm looking forward to the battle mage, but I won't make one. 'Cause I'm still not satisfied with my i/l  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Wow, that's insane. I might have to try playing again after that hits GMS. I'm so behind since I quit my Dark Knight 2 years ago.

There's so much to take in though. I'm getting a little anxiety just reading it all. I haven't even explored any areas that came out just before and after Pirates were released.  

phillipo
Crew

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:20 pm
Well, big bang is kinda like maplestory is resetting itself.

Victoria will barely look the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 pm
@Cabbage..true.

How do you guys feel about that? Do you want Maple to stay the same, or do you think it's time for an update?  

Uffs

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm
Easero
@Cabbage..true.

How do you guys feel about that? Do you want Maple to stay the same, or do you think it's time for an update?

I really don't mind the changes in skills, but I do think the change in layout of Victoria will take some getting used to. It will be advantageous for traveling by foot (and for new users) but for more experienced users, it'll be confusing.

I've done some personal developing and I actually agree that this is probably for the best. (Avid developers like to change/fix stuff)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am
I've been playing since Beta (well, played until I quit about 2 years ago) and I had the entire game memorized by heart.

There was a lot of stuff that could be improved, and I strongly believe they could quite possibly achieve that with a full revamp like this.

For example, most of the maps in Vic are almost completely useless right now. Especially when you travel between Henesys and Lith Harbor. *Feels really strange recounting these names after so long away from MS*

So new or old player alike, it's like playing a brand new game. And that's an exciting thought.  

phillipo
Crew

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 pm
Exciting? Most definitely agree with phillipo.

Even though I'm lukless myself, I'm not THAT worried whether I'll have enough magic acc at the moment. Will be converting one of my bishops to low luk just incase.. Lol
Things are still in the testing, and it might not be the same for GMS.

But to me, it smells like you have enough luk, though not sure whether that's base or not, you can probably get more than enough luk from other equips. (Should be asking, What level are you?)
Don't wanna over luk yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 am
I'm level 63...was almost 64 and then they reset my char 'cause of this exploited meso thing. scream

I'm gonna stay lukless. The mage accuracy formula is 1.2*int+luk. Found it somewhere. >.>  

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am
Macc=1.2*INT + LUK + AccFromGear
Quoted from Basil.  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash