What would you like to see for a new ST series? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:36 am
As you all know, Enterprise is ending. sad However, that certainly doesn't mean the Star Trek franchise will end too.

If a new Star Trek series comes out, what would you like to see? Would it be a prequel? A sequel? Or something new entirely? What new story concepts have you come up with that would be great for a new series?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:06 pm
Do you work for Paramount? confused  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:27 am
Se Ga Takai

Nope, this is all hypothetical. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:20 pm
Lindira
Se Ga Takai

Cool. I say they get their Sorry asses cracking on either some DS9 or Voyager Movies. I have plenty of Books for post Series(on both Series), but I wanna see if they decide to make any of it Canon, or if not, what all they do. Because I wanna see 'Admiral' Janeway, and 'Captain' Chakotay play a game of Billiards in the true French Inn, the one that (The Now 'Liutenant Commander)Tom Paris made a Holodeck Program of. I think it would be so cool.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Se Ga Takai
Lindira
Se Ga Takai

Cool. I say they get their Sorry asses cracking on either some DS9 or Voyager Movies. I have plenty of Books for post Series(on both Series), but I wanna see if they decide to make any of it Canon, or if not, what all they do. Because I wanna see 'Admiral' Janeway, and 'Captain' Chakotay play a game of Billiards in the true French Inn, the one that (The Now 'Liutenant Commander)Tom Paris made a Holodeck Program of. I think it would be so cool.

I definitely think that there's a lot of great storylines that could come from a new movie based on DS9/Voyager. They wouldn't even need all the actors to come back. They could have some sort of hodge-podge of actors from both series. And seriously, what are they doing right now anyway? Besides Kate Mulgrew and Nicole DeBoer, I don't think any of them have any big projects they're working on.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:25 pm
VOYAGER MOVIE! NOW! *stamps foot*

But for a series, how about "Star Trek: Klingon Warrior"  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:45 pm
Matiko-san

eek

OMFG!!!! Why Didn't I think of that? A Star Trek Series...based off teh most popular Race?! HELL YES!!! It could start out with the Return of teh new 'Chancelor Martok' to Qu'Nos...it would so kick a**! Matiko-Sama! You're a GENIOUS! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:38 am
Se Ga Takai
Matiko-san

eek

OMFG!!!! Why Didn't I think of that? A Star Trek Series...based off teh most popular Race?! HELL YES!!! It could start out with the Return of teh new 'Chancelor Martok' to Qu'Nos...it would so kick a**! Matiko-Sama! You're a GENIOUS! xd

Well, actually, my friend, who's also Star Trek fan, is reading the latest Klingon series in the books, and he suggested that the show be based on something similar, with Chancellor Martok's return to a Star Trek series. I personally want it to see how the Klingons feel about the Federation and Romulans getting along.  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Lystat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:51 pm
There should be a voyager series. For sure. I just need to finish the series first. I have it on dvd.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:22 pm
Se Ga Takai
Matiko-san

eek

They almost did do a Klingon based show, but it got nixed. I think it was in consideration at the same time as DS 9 or Voyager. Can't remember which.  

Christophers

Christophers

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:33 pm
For a new series I had a few ideas for this:

1. That they do 3 parter type show (or more) with different crews and such. Not focus on one crew all the time. Basically mix it up, one week klingons, one week a different federation crew, etc.

2. They need to reconsider and bring back there idea of a Klingon Based show.

3. Riker and the Titan series

As far as movie. Oh, they screwed up majorly at Paramount, and talk about mega money potential. They should never of finished DS9 the way they did. I thought it was sloppy and rushed. What they should have done was take it to the silver screen and went crazy. More money means they could have really given DS9 a spectacular ending, heck I could have even stomached some people getting killed off. That is if they had been smart, or better yet, did a 3 movie deal on it.

As far as current movies: Well there current idea for a Star Trek movie really does not make me happy. They need to bring in Manny Cato or Michael Stazynski (misspelled from Bablyon 5) and say "Heres Star Trek, its on life support, give me a miracle." I know they could.

They need to get back to the current time line, basically Picard / Sisko / Janeway timeframe and come up with a new movie, with a really good script. What, I don't know. Thats the hard part and you all have to agree with me on that one.

Well thats my two cents.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 am
I definitely agree that they should come back to the 24th century timeline. They can't just leave the main Star Trek story in virtual suspended animation (Never have I said a nerdier sentence! xd ). They should stop trying to come up with super-new concepts for shows (like the Starfleet Cadet concept or the All-Klingon concept (which I do agree would be cool)) and concentrate on simply telling interesting stories about people who explore space. Space is infinite, and I'm sure they could come up with something if they got creative enough.  

Lindira
Crew

Gigabyte

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:45 am
YAY!! KLINGON SERIS!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Ok, a Klingon series would be wicked awesome, but they'd prolly have to hire the KLI staff full-time... They haven't the budjet. I agree with Lindira. One of the reasons that Enterprise fracked was that they put a seson plot in. Like the stupid thing with the Suliban, or the Zindi that Wouldn't Die. Trek episodes, 'cept for the multi-parters, can be watched individually, without seeing the season prior to that. It's like the difference between Seinfeild and Days of Our Lives. Seinfeild, if there's an episode on, you can watch it, and get it. DoOL has this big involved plot that's been going on for, like, 50 years. That's what they tried to do with Enterprise, and it fracked. Let's just hope they learned their lesson.

P.S. I Live Again! Stupid school child blocks... Took me ages to get around them... Grumblegrumble...  

Blacke Rose

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:09 am
Blacke Rose
Ok, a Klingon series would be wicked awesome, but they'd prolly have to hire the KLI staff full-time... They haven't the budjet. I agree with Lindira. One of the reasons that Enterprise fracked was that they put a seson plot in. Like the stupid thing with the Suliban, or the Zindi that Wouldn't Die. Trek episodes, 'cept for the multi-parters, can be watched individually, without seeing the season prior to that. It's like the difference between Seinfeild and Days of Our Lives. Seinfeild, if there's an episode on, you can watch it, and get it. DoOL has this big involved plot that's been going on for, like, 50 years. That's what they tried to do with Enterprise, and it fracked. Let's just hope they learned their lesson.

P.S. I Live Again! Stupid school child blocks... Took me ages to get around them... Grumblegrumble...

Well, I think having season plots is fine, so long as it's done well. What bothered me about Enterprise sometimes was that it stole story concepts from other shows and tried to call them its own. Yes, it's cool to have Brent Spiner come back to do more Star Trek, but it's just wrong to make up some random distant relative of Noonien Soong just to lure TNG fans into watching the show. DS9 had season plots too, and while it didn't have the replay value Blacke Rose was talking about, it was done well because the stories were (for the most part) different and creative and something that hadn't been done in the other Treks. I think that if they're gonna have a new show, it should try to be as unique as possible.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff