Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:54 am
XING LYNX HOUR

In an epiphany, I had the thought to make my own personal "blog" and keep it for my own uses. It's not intended to be viewed regularily, but if people wanna peek in I wont mind a pinch.
Within my "show", I will feature strong content of my opinions and personal views. So if you aren't prepared to read a mild ammount of profanity and and a massive ammount of intolerance do not continue on.
The Xing Lynx Hour is here to provide mostly musical opinion, which made me wonder where I would put this thread, but it's also a clever load of my personal strife against the music and the pros and cons I see in it.
I would love to enter in this daily, but I know that just wont happen. So I will vow to use this at bare minimum, once a day.
Oh yeah, if you wanna comment on anything I say. PM me PLEASE. I'm trying to keep this article organized and random posts are gonna look really gross. Yes, gross. It'll be a hassle to get a crew member to have to delete your posts because It doesn't give me the power to. So, just don't post comments.
There will be a layout of each category in the article featured immediately under this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 am
XING LYNX HOUR

- - - With additions from the !

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Song of the Day - -

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Winter Update

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:43 am
X I N G - L Y N X - H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Alright, So first things first; Scorpions, Sting in the Tail is going to be the groups last album released, ever. I am yet to hear it but I recommend you and myself to look it up.
I am also thrilled to say that on Facebook, Bon Jovi and Guns N' Roses both had an update. Bon Jovi had 5000+ Likes; GNR had a good total of 200+. Which was sad because the GNR one had been up for like 3 hours while the Bon Jovi one was up for like... a half an hour?
Enter Shikari has recently striked my attention as ******** amazing. If you haven't heard them, I've fairly accurately labeled them as a mix of Radiohead, Sparta, and any screamo band. They're actually very trancey and pleasant to listen to. "Zzzonked", is the song I recommend listening to if you're enjoying how this sounds. I will warn you all, they are British. The accent is definetly noticable, but i guess it had to be to win the British Karrang! artist of the year award.
Famous 90s band Stone Temple Pilots came out with another album, self titled Stone Temple Pilots. STP is one of my favorite bands. Well, at least until Shangri-La Dee Da, which was their 4th full release and then they turned into a homoerotic Foo Fighters. Basically, I'm saying this album sucks. A lot. It's not like STP to sound like this and it's very disappointing to hear them blow so much... Weiner.
Finally, I am coming to the conclusion that The Resistance, (By Muse) might not be as bad as I concluded it to be. Don't get me wrong it still competely kills who Muse is, but that happened already on Black Holes & Revelations (Due to Guitar Hero and ******** Twilight), but a few songs on the album make it still shelf worthy. Muse needs to return to their old ways of making creepy, bass driven, falsetto filled alternative rock!

Song of the Day - -

Hectic - Enter Shikari
It was easy to choose. Since Enter Shikari has been my recent orgasm I basically went with the song that got me addicted to them. The song has lots of mood switches and dynamic changes, which is a weak point on Enter Shikari's part most of the time. The song features some fun little responding vocals in the first verse;
We'll convene at mine 3PM to play Sega Megadrive Golden Axe and Sonic all day
"Never Played It? (I'll Teach Ya)
Can't Hack It? (I'll Beat Ya)
Whilst Pendell's making rhymes in the corner with a litre of finest Scrumpy Jack,
Whilst PDEX pumps out the latest big club track
We'll take it to Justin's and hit his King Kong
then we'll gather round the piano for a little sing song"
Which doesn't make much sense to me but none the less it sounds great. The main boost I give the song is that the end of the song is orgasmic!

- - Summer Update

Well, Yesterday was me and my girlfriends 8 month anniversary, which we had a pajama day. ******** awesome. We had a bonfire and roasted mallows. Today, I have no idea what I'll be up to. I can't go anywhere because thursday I have my choir rehearsals that're kinda sweet in a "******** this" kind of way.

Alright, so what the ******** is up with people who think Seth McFarllin is a comedy genius? He literally... Poops out his ideas. He puts no thought process in what he does. I admit, he can purse a laugh every so often but that makes him no iconic comedian. And I clearly don't care how offensive he is, I don't think he's offensive at all, but I can comprehend how it could be. You just have to be a whiney b***h to care. Seth McFarllin seriously needs to start going back to the roots of early family guy and actually be funny again instead of only insulting movies, people, and pop culture.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 am
X.I.N.G. L.Y.N.X. H.O.U.R.

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

To start off the log I'll talk about Kurt Cobain's journals. (Nirvana of course) His personal journals were rewritten, because of his terrible handwriting, and published as a public diary. This is pretty weak, So they're his personal journals and they take them and publish them? I figure Courtney Love had to do with it, she gives everything he does away for her own benefit.
On a random note, Incubus, as of June 1st has started writing for their next album, Monuments and Melodies. This will be their 7th studio album and since music is dying and all I'm not sure what to expect, but Incubus doesn't seem like the band to ******** up too bad.
I recently looked up and downloaded an album from both Gouds Thumb and Shoveljerk. They both turned out to be alright but Gouds Thumb in particular drew my attention, they sounds like a Tonic, Tool, Chevelle mixture. Which I'm finding rather intriguing at least, It's an odd mixture but it's sounding good to me. Shoveljerk is in the same category but a bit heavier and higher Tool influence. I would recommend a listen to both artists although I prefer Gouds Thumb out of the two. I don't know enough music from either of them to recommend a specific song because I have Gouds Thumb's self titled and Swarm from Shoveljerk, so don't expect me to know anything outside of those.
Also, for those who didn't know. Faith No More is back together for their Second Coming Tour, which is great. But they haven't decided whether they're going to make an album afterwards. I, being a major fan, want another album. They should probably call it the Second Coming just because that's a pretty brutal name especially since it compares them to God. So, let's all hope they do make a new album in the coming years.

Song of the Day - -

No Games - Breaking Benjamin
I have chosen No Games because the melodic chord structuring. Much Like Foo Fighters "Everlong", The song's in drop D tuning and uses those delicious melodic chords. It's clearly heavier than "Everlong" since it is B Benji. The song is featured on their debut album, Saturate, which I would tie as their best next to We Are Not Alone. For those who don't know Breaking Benjamin, they're an alternative metal act much alike 12 Stones, Chevelle, or Crossfade. They're one of my favorite artists of all time, look em' up and love em' to death.

- - Summer Update

Well, I spent my day with my girlfriend once again. It was great, had a picnic. I'm not sure what's up for tomorrow, or for that matter, anything past thursday. You know what I crave right now? Italian Soda. I've been having a lot of Italian food and talking about Italy so much recently it got me thinking about my favorite Italian Beverage.

It may take me a moment to find something that pisses me off... Umm... I hate Summer. I hate heat, I love the cooling winter, the zephyr of the Autumn, the slight flare of Spring... Mmm... I miss good weather. Every year people wish it was Summer all Winter and then they get tired of Sumemr half way through. At least I hate Summer even before it hits.
Another thing that pisses me off when channels show an hour of a show at noon or whatever, then at 9pm they show the same 2 episodes again, da ********? Speaking of that, Watching Bernie Mac right now. I miss that odd black guy.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 am
{XING} {LYNX} {HOUR}

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The band Cake is planning on releasing an album this year but they haven't released a name, date, or really any information about it yet. Sadly, I assume they might take the same dive as their fellow geek rockers, Weezer have taken and provide a more poppy sound with less focus on the style and more focus on chorus.
So Sparta has reconfirmed their hiatus and has very little hope of reformation. I would like to give amen's to the amazing band and say they had a great 3 album run. From Wiretap Scars to Porcelain to Threes they maintained their unique sound. At The Drive-In's breakup formed one great piece. May they rest in piece.
For those you haven't heard Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin, don't. If you liked their early work you'll absolutely hate it. They tried to get heavier, slower, and more depressing. If you came into the Benji-train because Phobia, you might like it, but you're a total f*****t anyway so you'll like anything. Dear Agony still features a few good songs don't get me wrong. "Into The Nothing" was still an alright song, it just wasn't B Benji. "Without You" was also a great song. But like said, it's not Benjamin, it has a steady volume the whole song but a very catchy, emotional chorus.
Australian band Violent Soho, has recently drawn my attention. They Have 2 albums yet I can't seem to find any songs from them. I have only been able to find a few songs and If I were to recommend one, I'd say "Jesus Stole My Girlfriend" is their best discoverable song. They are very heavily influenced by Nirvana and some have said they hear some Weezer in their blend. They had their self titled album out this year and it's amazing a competant grunge band emerged in this decade. I hope they get more future recognition as they go.
Many people argue and say Creed has reached a new high, I heavily disagree. Creed is under no circumstance supposed to be Alternative Metal, they can only be described by hard grunge. Full Circle was as alt metal as you get, it was bad. Really bad. Don't even bother listening if you liked Weathered. Stick to Alter Bridge.
Due to Stone Temple Pilots back on the grind, STP frontman Scott Weiland had to leave Velvet Revolver. Slash stated the band isn't going to break up, but when asked if Weiland would be singing still he couldn't answer. On the same note, Sammy Hagar of Van Halen stated that Velvet is Revolver "The best Rock and Roll band left on the planet." Which from anyone is Van Halen is a big compliment.

Song of the Day - -

Plug in Baby - Muse
The choice was made because it's nice to hear such a catchy riff that isn't repetative after so long. The riff in "Plug in Baby" was actually awarded the best riff of 2004 by the Guns N' Roses rock riff poll. The song was on Origin of Symettry which was before Muse had any fail in them, This was them at an early stage but still amazing and honing their skills for up and coming albums. It came to my attention because I heard that Muse withdrew from the Eclipse soundtrack, thank god. Muse has decided to no longer associate themselves with gay vampire lovers. This is probably going to make way for them to write a good album again, please Muse! Do it for me?

- - Summer Update

Had my choir rehearsal, we worked for 20 minutes and talked about how bad Avatar: The Last Airbender movie was. I heard they renamed the main character "Ong" instead of "Ang", and that the flying mammoth thing wasn't even in it.

People who slack off. I'm in a very prestigous choir and no one there gives a s**t about music. They slack off and it just pisses me off. I join a high level choir to improve myself and actually make good music, not waste my time with talking about stupid movies that no one should've gone to see in the first place! one guy was even blazed off his balls, he sat the whole time and told the teacher he was tired. Bullshit! His eyes were bloodshot and he was even thicker than usual. Drugs piss me off. If Alice in Chains taught us anything, stay away from drugs retards!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:46 pm
Xinglynxhour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

To start today, I'll bring up that Soundgarden has reformed with Chris Cornell still fronting. Downside to this is Cornell has ******** yet another band and Audioslave is on hiatus now. Tom Morello is still going on with some progress and is working with former System of a Down vocalist Serj Tankian and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea, on a new political band called Axis of Judgement who hasn't made anything yet because they are looking for a drummer. Back to what I was saying, Soundgarden will be in Lollapalooza and after that they are expected to come out with an album to follow up Down of the Upside. Don't expect two albums more because knowing Chris Cornell, he'll break up Soundgarden again and join SOAD's former members new band Scars on Broadway, and ruin them too.
On another Cornell Note, Temple of the Dog reunited for another song at the third night of Pearl Jam's 4-night stand show. They of course performed "Hunger Strike", in which case Cornell joined the rest of Pearl Jam in performing it.
For the last Soundgarden mention, The song "Black Rain", which hasn't been released yet anywhere, will be a debut track on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. (******** Guitar Hero.) The song will be featured on the album when it is released as well though.
Jimmy Eat World (JEW) has announced that their 7th studio album is all done and they are awaiting to announce the release date. They haven't released the title of the album yet which is all fine, but I myself am interested why they haven't released any samples. Perhaps they want to keep it all unheard so it can gain album sales instead of singles charts. One way or another I'm excited to hear something new from Jimmy and wonder if they will keep their more Indie phase going or return to their harder, punker version like of Clarity.
Muse had early on stated Queen to be a major influence in their music, which is apperent, and Queen guitarist Brian May has given them kudos and said that Muse was a group of "Extraordinary musicians." Drummer of Muse, Dominic Howard, said he feels a higher Queen influence in "United States of Eurasia" while I feel nearly opposite. Muse's new work has very little falsetto and less hooking riffs, it focusses far more on vocal melody than anything else. I see much more Influence from Queen in their early work.
When's Bon Jovi gonna have another studio album? The Circle was dumb, it was just a greatest hits that didn't even have "Runaway". How do you make a greatest hits for Bon Jovi without "Runaway"? That's just plain ridiculous.

Song of the Day - -

Kiss Your Past Good Bye - Aerosmith
Luckily, not a very popular song by the superstars. It came out on Nine Lives in 1997, which most of 90s classic rock was ignored completely. But then again, most of it was pretty bad. The lyrics in the song are a bit comedic to me, but they're backed up by very folky influenced finger picking. The song does feature a great guitar solo from Joe Perry of course, it is Aerosmith after all.

- - Summer Update

My buddies comin' over for the weekend. Gonna stay up late and listen to gallons of music and play dumptrucks full of of Xbox. For you who live sad lives and haven't played Oblivion, it's orgasmic. Play it. It's a fantasy RPG much like World of Warcraft without all the gay dust. Plus it's not that fantasy, it's fairly realistic. I wont review the game right now though. Gonna stick to music.

Recently, so many bands have been changing to be more poppy and everyone say they're "perfecting their style." Nothing about Papa Roach not being rap metal is perfecting their style. It's called selling out and getting tired that no one likes you. Which is fine i guess, but you don't change genre so people like you, you get better at writing your songs the way they were. Which sometimes I admit, people get better as they go. Like Enter Shikari, they used to scream a lot more before Common Dreads, and they used far less keyboard which just didn't really work out with their type of music. They are actually honing their music to perfection.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:51 am
@X@I@N@G@ @L@Y@N@X@ @H@O@U@R@

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So rumor has spread that Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins, is planning on releasing one song digitally every year for about 15 years until all the songs for their next album are complete and then release the album as a whole. That's ******** stupid. I know Corgan's retarded but dude, don't do that. You're be all gross when your like what, 45? He's already gross as ******** The Killers are on a 6 year hiatus which kinda blows. But's so the band members can work on other stuff. Brandon Flowers (Frontman of The Killers) will be making a solo project in the nearby future. Probably wont be so good but, we'll see.
Primus is now actually off of their Hiatus and will be working on a new album. The drummer, Jay Lane quit his other band Further and that sparked the idea to reunite with Les Claypool and get the band back together.
The Strokes are planning on releasing their next album, their 4th studio album, in 2011. Which is a bit overdue since their last album, First Impressions Of Earth, was 2006. So this kinda pisses me off that they claim that they've been working diligently on this album for 5 years. Bull. It better be ******** fantastical.
3 Doors Down has begun work on their 6th studio album, which is untitled for now, and it will feature their new song "Shine", which will be a promotion for the next Olympics. I hope they return to their former style as shown in The Better Life, Their recent self titled album wasn't all that great... Wasn't terrible, they just got too poppy.
Post-grunge South Africans Seether, have announced that their new album should be out this year in September or October. I expect great things from them, one of the few bands that seemed to improve with the flow of time. I am curious whether to see they will be touring right away or continue touring along with Nickelback and Sick Puppies, but if they do or not they will be headlining a tour within a year of the release for sure.

Song of the Day - -

The Navy Song - Billy Talent
From the breezy tapping intro to the juicy pauses and chords "The Navy Song" sticks true to it's name and sounds like a modern sailors tune. The piece is on Billy Talent's second album simply titled, Billy Talent II. If you aren't a Billy Talent fan I actually wouldn't recommend this song much, it is still very influenced with their regular post-hardcore sound much alike At The Drive-In's. If you are explorant enough to look up the song (as recommended) you may also want to look up "Worker Bees", "The Dead Can't Testify", and "Nothing To Lose". I suggest those titles because they also happen to have poppier sound and higher guitar parts. "Worker Bees" has a specific bass line that most find rather pleasing as well. "The Navy Song" does lack a catchy bass line but I don't believe it needs one because it carries the chords and the vocals are a definite lead.

- - Summer Update

Well, I'm being reminded by my buddy that Dead Space is a ******** great game. Alien limb slaying would also be a good name though. Also heard the funniest personal phone call I've ever heard but i don't believe I'll go into details on that one much. Havin' a good night though. Some may have noticed yesterday I posted twice. Well, deal with it.

So, I'm a pretty common user of the "What are you listening to?" Thread in the Music Discussion forum. Every time the page would change the site would ask me for my password. ******** hackers. What's the point of hacking someone on gaia? Really, get 20 bucks from giving webcam handjobs and buy a cash card like the rest of anyone with money on this site.
I'm also happy because Neko Heaven, is no more. We're under new management from Gold Marra and she renamed it Golden Palace. Which is okay??? Well, one way or another I support the new management and desperately hope they support this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

In News of the Foo Fighters, they have announced that their next album will be out next year and it will be there heaviest album yet. There are 15 songs already completed and what's different about them is that drummer Taylor Hawkins wrote them. I'm not sure if they're referring to heaviest album being more like older Foo Fighter work or if it'll be like Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace. I hope they dive back to their older sound personally. Much more grungy.
Also, Taylor Hawkins has made his own solo project outside of the Foo Fighters completely, called Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders. They are much like Them Crooked Vultures with a major blues influence. I don't care for them much persoanally but they aren't terrible, give em' a listen if you're a blues listener.
Sadly, there is still no news of a new album for Queens of The Stone Age anytime soon. So Maybe keep your ears distracted if you haven't heard Eagles of Death Metal. They're a bit punkier QOTSA and are actually the same members just scrambled around, Josh Homme is on drums attempting to manage there.
Travis Smith of Trivium was kicked out for being uncreative mojo for the band. He just didn't give inspiration to the band and was so limited to how he played drums. Travis wasn't destroyed by the situation, he understood and said he would persue further musical workings. Nick Augusto has filled in for him and done nothing so far for the band but will finish the Trivium tour and then possibly join the band for their next coming album.
I have always personally wondered why Days of the New used a tree on the cover of every album they've had. Travis Meeks (Singer/Guitarist) explained why;
"I’ve seen this picture on the wall of a tree, that many people have seen, but no one has seen it like I have, and I have this relationship with the tree, and it’s gotten me through years, and I got this vision. The tree is my emblem; I have a tree belt.
It is my superhero. It was a painting on the wall that a lot of people had already seen. I had a moment and a vision. Tears were in my eyes. I went into the picture, and I found myself sitting in the picture. Part of Asperger’s is associating sound with vision, so I see what I hear. That’s how I write. That’s how I continue to write my records."
What a fruit.

Song of the Day - -

Bling (Confession of A King) - The Killers
Featuring galloping triplets and intense bass The Killers have done it again! Most people disapprove of the Sam's Town album yet it's my favorite. It peaks in my book with such heavy influence from Weezer's, Pinkerton, whether the band knows it or not. "Bling (Confession of A King)" shows such catchy vocals and an irresistable chant in the second verse that drives me musically mad everytime I hear it. The song keeps comin' into my head because I've recently been excited for this big camping trip I'm taking with my best friends, went went a few years ago and this was the last song I heard from the trip back and I've just always remembered that. It came up on iTunes shuffle today and everytime I hear the song it sparks my memory of one of the best weeks ever. If you like Muse's "Knights of Cydonia", this song'll kick the balls off of that shitty track, look it up.

- - Summer Update

Totally anticipating the fireworks show tomorrow! It'll be sweet, although I might be bored throughout the daytime so I'll bring my acoustic G-nor (G-nor = Guitar and a mix of Penor. Penor = p***s) and jam when I got nothin' else to do. Should be one great 4th of July.

Logic. It's always there to ******** up your plans and even though it doesn't make sense you just have to ignore it sometimes so things work out. Although, some people neglect not having knowledge and are the retarded individuals of the world. I know quite a few...
Another thing is when people show off that they do drugs. It's not cool, it makes you look like a total tool. For those dumb ******** who do them, you realize any drug is absolute poison (by definition) to the body. Would you drink battery acid? Okay, a bit extreme but none the less. Those of you stupid enough to do any extreme drugs, anything worse than weed really, should enjoy a big class of battery acid with a plate of mouse traps on the side. And for dessert, a big ol' bowl of razorblade oatmeal!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:41 am
-x-i-n-g- -l-y-n-x- -h-o-u-r-
- - - With additions from the Emmybearrr_DF Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I felt it was time to give Pinkerton the amazing respects it deserves. It is possibly my favorite album ever written, at least top 3 anyway. It's by Weezer yet barely, It doesn't sound like them much at all, it was written in strange circumstances after all. The entire album was written before any of it was heard at all, it was made by ear when Rivers Cuomo (Singer/Guitarist) was in his hospital bed after major leg surgery. My favorite tracks from the album are easily; "The Good Life", "Why Bother", and "No Other One". Although the entire album is absolutely amazing ignoring the first track, "Tired of Sex". Go buy it off iTunes or whatever and go listen!
My opinion on Badmotorfinger? Well, for the early stages of the grunge movement it's pretty alright. The first 4 songs on the album are very well made and put together strongly, The downside to it's upside is that the rest of the album lacks tempo and generally movement. Soundgarden definetly made a revolutionary album, but the way it was presented was very weak to me. Ian D'Sa of Billy Talent (Guitar/Backing Vocals) reffered to the album as his biggest influence and favorite album written. I disagree with his observation but the album is worth the listen, just don't expect to notice when the songs change.
You know who would be amazing to see live together? Just for a great mixture; Live, Shoveljerk, Tonic, Smashing Pumpkins, and Tantric. It would just be an amazing blend! It'll never, EVER happen though. So ignore the thought.
So I'm wondering if there are any Sevendust fans in the world still. Because I recently learned that they had an album come out in 2009 called, Cold Day Memory, and I'm curious if it's any good. Perhaps I'll look it up if I have someone tell me it's a good album. I'm not that big of a Sevendust fan but they're alright. They're a mix of Seether and Days of a New with a splash of black singer in there for those who don't know the band at all.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

Alas, Pierce The Veil's second album Selfish Machines. But this isn't any disappointment; It could possibly be the worst. My favorite band of three years has released a bad album. One of my worst fears. The use of Auto-Tune unfortunatly came into play for the two songs; "Fast Times At Clairemont High" and "Million Dollar Houses (The Painter)". But also came with great songs like "Bestios", "The New National Anthem", and "The Boy Who Could Fly". The singer Vic Fuentes has a very creative way with his words. Very metaphoric and mesmerizing. With words like;
"Now as the rain falls like shattered pieces of glass from the sky,
we bleed like water colors and drunken pastels down the stairways.
And I ask myself, why do I still pray?
When will it end? And who ******** cares?"
Overall, I give the album a 7 out of 10. Pretty bad for your favorite bands' sophmore album... (I have yet to hear a bad a** bass solo, though...)

Song of the Day - -

Cemetary Gates - Pantera
Yes, I know it's an oldie but i'm just not ready accept that Dimebag has no face. (Thanks d**k who killed him) Pantera had a great run while they lasted anyways. Unlike what most think, Pantera had actually broken up before Dime died. He was killed while onstage with another band, not sure of which band though. Well, "Cemetary Gates" is an excellent song because it's strong acoustic guitar followed with it's signature distortion and squeel switch. Such a promising sound from Pantera's elite. And those who don't know Pantera, for some dumb reason... Go listen to "Cowboys From Hell", "Walk", and pre-mentioned "Cemetary Gates". They're basically a little bit heavier Metallica, much alike Slayer.

- - Summer Update

Well, It's officially 4th of July. I should probably... Really should go to bed now, gotta be up earlyish. Very little's new since yesterday. Although, ha. Still playing Oblivion.

You know what makes me mad? (lol Everything?) I don't have any of Incubus's good albums! I only have A Crow Left Of The Murder and Morning View, which in my opinion are generally not very good. But I do love the song "Pistola".
It also makes me mad that I'm running out of ways to write the XING LYNX HOUR name on the top of the page, their going to be getting pretty ridiculous real soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:47 am
XxIiNnGg LlYyNnXx HhOoUuRr

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Listening to "Medicate" by Breaking Benjamin right now. It's a golden example of having a good chorus! Some bands overdue the chorus while others underdue it, the song has intense focus on the chorus which isn't good if you always do that but a couple per album is totally fine. Saturate is the album that features "Medicate" and I would say that it's a perfectly balanced and well made album. We Are Not Alone get's close to that level but it does seem to maintain a bit too much of the same mood but I can understand how it could be preferred over Saturate.
For you who like Scorpions, there's a band I strongly recommend for you, Steelheart. They're alright in my book but not amazing, I prefer Scorpions much, much more. They're worth the listen if you're into that kinda of heavy metal though. Their lyrics are rather cheesy though, borderline to Shinedown's. A couple tiltes are, "Electric Love Child" and "Dancin' In The Fire", which are very, very cheesy. I'm making these guys sound terrible aren't I? Ignore me and go give em' a chance.
Fuel has officially reformed! Kinda... The only member who's the same is lead singer, Brett Scallions. Which isn't so bad because he basically is the band. The new members and Brett are currently playing around with some material for the new album with no information or expectancies on a release. They have to finish touring before they do anything more. I have great expectancies from the next Fuel album and hope that they hold their original sound, and turn away from the heavier mode of Angels & Devils.
I am yet to hear The Fall of Troy's newest album, In the Unlikely Event, which I hope is good considering it's their last. They are breaking up after they finish their tour. Not sure why, I've been scouring the interwebz to see why but haven't been able to find out why. Clearly not band issues because they are finishing their tour.
If you enjoy Coldplay or The Fray you may also enjoy Dresden Dolls. They're a two member band consisting of their Singer/pianist Amanda Palmer, and drummer Brian Viglione. I wouldn't say they're all that much alike Coldplay or The Fray but they have a heavy use of piano but it's introduced in a much darker way. If intrigued by the sound of piano this is a band for you. My personal favorite song is "Bad Habit" yet if I were to suggest a song I would say "Coin-Operated Boy" just because it's a bit more of their style.
On the topic of two member bands I am forced to bring up Local H. What's so interesting about Local H is that they have a drummer, and a Singer/Guitarist/Bassist. Yes, all of them. He modified his guitar to have bass pick-ups so when he played it would play both parts at the same time. This was originally from the beginning of their career when they couldn't find a bassist. The band still only uses two members even when performing live. They have released 6 albums which I would say Pack Up The Cats is my favorite because it features "Bound For The Floor" which is such an amazing song. Their sound is somewhat similiar to a Collective Soul with a higher punk and grunge influence. But the sound is fairly close. If you disagree it's because I find it rather hard to explain their sound.

Song of the Day - -

Evidence - Faith No More
With a spirally, funky, 80s cop sound; for an easy listen this song is a great suggestion. It has raggae off beat chords and definite funk scratches. It's more evidence of Faith No More's amazing ability to do any genre they want! The song is a bit strange of a switch from the rest of their songs from King For A Day Foo For A Lifetime but I would say the entire album is good as well and "Evidence" has it's definite place in it.

- - Summer Update

4th of July was groovy. Fireworks, food, Gnor. (Advice July 3rd Post) Generally a good day. Not a whole lot to cover about today really...

Crunkcore

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:23 am
Rouh Xnyl Gnix

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I have decided to make today have a backwards feel by throwing the bassists of the world some credit. I'm gonna list off ten bassists and why they're unique players. However, I will leave out those just godly bassists (Les Claypool) and stick to players who have a different, or unique style of the 4 stringed slayer.
1. Billy Gould of Faith No More for his funky, metal slap bass riffs. He really should be reffered to as, the lead bassist. He manages to combine slap and pop techniques along with standard finger style bass which provides a very unique sound for the band. The band was started by him which it's odd for a bassist to get a band running for some reason.
2. Justin Chancellor of Tool. He is also what I'd call a lead bassist in a deep, depressing art rock kind of way. He shows people that even in metal, bass doesn't have to be so lame. He uses a mild use of slap bass in his music but it is led up with lots of octaves and very extremist switches from low to high notes.
3. Cliff Burton of early Metallica proved many things; He showed that heavy metal can have distorted bass too, and that a bass guitar can shred out a solo too! "Master of Puppets" is one notable bass solo I can recommend, it's near the end and sadly a little quiet, but it's amazing!
4. Ben Kenney, the second bassist of Incubus has a very unique raggae oriented style. It leans into alternative rock because that's what he's gotta do but he bends the raggae and funk playing into place to make a full sounding band sound even better.
5. Michael Shuman, or "Mickey Shoes" of Queens of The Stone Age comes to mind thinking of unique bass players. It's not that Michael shreds out crazy bass lines it's that they're performed with precision even with the intense ammount of distortion he uses. For the industrial rock band QOTSA, this guy sure sends their low-fi sound back into a flourishing, lively, buzz that really holds the stoner rock sound.
6. Nikolai Fraiture of the one and only, The Strokes! Using very clean sounding bass he still manages to rob Nick Valens of His lead spot. "Juicebox" is the perfect song to show Nikolai's amazingly creative way to reinterpret beach rock.
7. Geoff Kresge, the original bassist of AFI and current upright bassist of Tiger Army. who sadly got kicked out of AFI by Davey Havoc's gay little a** following Sing The Sorrow. He uses a very fast technique since he did play punk rock, He is very unique considering his style revolves closely around what style of bass he's playing. While on electric bass, he pounds out triplets and the ever suprising bass chords as shown in "At A Glance" by AFI. On the upright he uses a more octave and muted revolving sound. "Ghosts of Memory" by Tiger Army is an amazing track to show his style of muting and pick ups with open notes.
8. Sadly, Mike Dirnt of Green Day. I may hate Green Day strongly (mainly including American Idiot and forth) but Mike Dirnt has a very unique way of playing. He always plays with a clean sounding Fender bass and really breaks out the melodic high notes that we all forgot a bass had.
9. The fill king Robert DeLeo of my preffered Stone Temple Pilots. He uses the standard method of finger style bass and open strummed hammer-ons as his main arsenal but he seems to pound out fills between otherwise standard riffs which flavors up the transitions between parts in STP songs. I recommend "Interstate Love Song" and "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart" to hear his fills at work.
10. Paulo Gregoletto of Trivium for his accute focus on speed metal and thrash bass. He pulls out triplets, tapping breakdowns, and the ever so destructive bass solo. "Becoming the Dragon" has a killer bass solo that is sadly a bit concealed due to it's enornous sounding distortion. It's still a monstrously good solo.

Song of the Day - -

Why Pt. 2 - Collective Soul
Actually a rather poppy sound driven by full sounding bar chords and heavy drums. The synthesizers are perfectly placed in my opinion. It's just a generally catchy and bright song. It's definetly worth the listen. And NO! Collective Soul is not a Christian band!

- - Summer Update

Yesterday was fun and a bit uneventful. Oh yeah, I only got 4 hours of sleep though. Oblivion will be the death of me...

Having bass players ignored clearly. When you ignore any instrument really it's ******** lame. There needs to be more bass solos in songs! Come on Pierce The Veil! Do it!
I hate making errors on these and having to have to go back and edit them. Especially when I do it over and over.
Xing Lynx Dislikes The last way I spelled the title. He also promises a better one for next time. Promise.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 am
"X"I"N"G" "L"Y"N"X" "H"O"U"R"

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

For those who haven't seen the "Save Me" music video by Killswitch Engage, get your butts on youtube and watch that s**t! It's pretty funny, they use claymation for the video and it's just fun to see Howard and Adam D being so ******** funny.
One band a have to strongly advise for people who are fans of Weezer, Nada Surf, and Jimmy Eat World; The band you need to hear is Dynamite Hack. Yes, I know their name is really ******** dumb but they are really good. They only have one album, Superfast, which is an ensemble of unique punk tracks that I think make the album one of my top 10 favs of all time.
Collective Soul wins the 90s joke, She Said. note how many bands from the 90s say those words. Just watch. "Alive" by Pearl Jam, "Breed" clearly from Nirvana, the list goes on. But Collective Soul has a song called "She Said" which tops the joke off and wins the she said competition.
"Walk Away From The Sun", by Seether has some very distrubing lyrics if you listen. My friend pointes this out to me and it's very demented. I can't say what it's about because Seether likes to be an a** f** and not say what their songs are about.

Song of the Day - -

Serve The Servants - Nirvana
Strange of me to choose from In Utero isn't it? I chose Serve The Servants because It has memorabilia to me being the first Nirvana song I liked. Before I fell in love with Nirvana I didn't hate them, and the only two songs I even remembered from In Utero and From The Muddy Banks of the Wishkah combined were "Serve The Servants" and "Heart-Shaped Box", both live and studio recorded. But Serve The Servants has such a lviely sound for Nirvana without all the pop, it just happens to be a very powerful song based heavily off of repetitive phrasing in the chorus. It really is a great song that happens to be insanely unappreciated, which is odd because people s**t themselves over anything Nirvana.

- - Summer Update

Rehearsals sucked because I would've been able to see Shadows Fall and Chimaira (which I hate Chimaira but whatevs) if it weren't for the ******** rehearsals. Makes me mad as ******** style="color: green">- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I hate when people hate a band just becuase they're that band. Like, I hate Green Day, but I can still acknowledge that they have a few good songs. Except I hate what they've done with trying to be mainstream punk. (lolwut?) I have a buddy who Hates Green Day and Nirvana regardless if they wrote the most amazing song ever. I showed him "You Know You're Right" and didn't ell him it was Nirvana, as soon as he asked he said he hated it. I also showed him "No One Knows" from Green Day and told him it was The Killers and he liked it until he could tell it wasn't. Da ********>  

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm
xing.lynx.hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I have been coming across a lot of artists recently that I would like to look into. Jack's Mannequin, being the first, because I heard the song "The Mixed Tape" and found it absolutely astonishing. I heard "She's So High" by Tal Bachman and I found that rather pleasing to hear as well. I also discovered that Better Than Ezra was better than I thought. They sound like Green Day instrumentally but vocally they aren't because their singer doesn't sound like a whiney, nasally, emo kid. Lastly, Vertical Horizon. Just in general pretty good. If you're a fan of Third Eye Blind or Sum 41 you'd probably like them.
I was amazed to hear this! Shinedown wrote a good song! All by themselves! No help from Lynyrd Skynyrd at all! "I Dare You" is one of the rare Shinedown songs without irritating lyrics and this makes it so much more listenable.
Ursa Minor, the next Third Eye Blind album, should begin recording this month and be out sometime next year. This is really good news, it's about time a good band comes out with an album. But I can't say I really think they'll hold up their unique pop-grunge sound. If they do, I'll be most pleased by them.
If you wanna see some crazy bands live, I suggest looking into Pearl Jam, if you're looking for a musically amazing concert. They always change up their songs quite a bit. And visually, Muse. They have ridiculous light effects and amazing stage presence. But you might not wanna see The Resistance tour because A, the music is gay. and B, they're up on these towers and no one has moving space on them. No stage dives either! I heard the Shadows Fall/Chimaira show was pretty intense from a few friends as well. Too bad Chimaira's awful.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

People are always arguing about this thing called "Dubstep". What is it? How did it start? Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music. Its overall sound has been described as "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals", as wikipedia has told me. People have even stamped this title or genre on Enter Shikari and Bring Me The Horizon's remix album Suicide Season: Cut Up! 'dubstep'. But is it really? Apparently this strange genre started in 1999 with sounds like Altern 8, OhPlus(O_+), indie DJ's and underground clubs. The term "dubstep" as a genre began to be used by around 2002, and was also known as UK Garage(I don't get it either...)in it's earlier days. While dubstep has been associated with darker music, it's roots are surely located within Jamaican dub music. Dubstep, however, has also been present in British dance music since the early 1990s which was used by The Prodigy's B-Side mix of the song "Charly". Now, in the 2009-2010 the genre is used by artists such as La Roux and a alot of other rappers n' s**t. (Blech). So, no. Enter Shikari now-a-days is not Dubstep according to new age music/pop. Dubstep is calssified as underground club rave music stuff. All in all, believe what you want. Wherther or not Dubstep is what you thought, it's still an amazing genre.

Song of the Day - -

How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
Everyone in the world likes this song. Really. It's so catchy! Plus, the drums for this songs are insane, the chorus has 16th hihats and some tom work. The hihat is all with the right hand while all the cymbals, toms, and snare are with the left. It's insane. Amazing song though. Matchbox Twenty are great writers.

- - Summer Update

Whewie! Busy bee me! Hangin' out with my best friends in the world a few days and tonight I got a Rush lazer light show for a good friends birthday, should blow my mind! Afterwards I'm headin' back to hang with my best bro's probably tomorrow morning. We'll get crazy man! So my band has also decided, we're probably doing progressive Alternative Metal, that's new. No one's done it before, it'll be epic.
I also may get a Taylor mini acoustic guitar for my birthday, funny too. Just saw a commercial for it. I played one the other day and it blew my mind up to bits and pieces. So excited for it.

Not being ready on time D: Gotta go!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:43 am
__xINg__ lYNx__ hOUr__

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Only a few select handful of bands have very unique setlists in their music folder. Smashing Pumpkins have a lot of very unique work on their hands, "Disarm" is a very different song from the rest of their work but it's still Smashing Pumpkins'esque. "Bring The Light" is the very same way, but it's still it's own song and stands from the rest. But the pro of this is that most Smashing Pumpkins songs have this effect. They might not always be good but It's great when a whole album has no filler if you know what I mean? Black Holes & Revelations by Muse, I may not have loved the album, but there was no filler in that album and that's what makes it so damn good in my book.
On July 2nd, Matchbox Twenty revealed that they would be recording this fall on their 5th studio album. They would like to finish touring before they start it up and they have some great ideas floatin' around already. I expect a really good product from them, considering they're already everything Muse should never be and they actually pull it off right, they'll do just fine. they can't go any more mainstream can they?
I have officially had enough versions of "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Not to be a d**k, but (lolz dickbutt) one version of a song is enough. It's not even that great of a song. I understand the world gargles that songs sweet mayo but you never need 8 versions of a song. Bad Nirvana! You of all people should know not to keep remaking your most popular song!
You know what bugs me? Newish 3 Doors Down, their self-titled was so mainstream and poppy. Not heavy enough for them at all. They need to make The Better Life quality again. It just had emotion! Soul! Actual meaning! The former topic of being unique and having each song it's own single! Damn you music and dying in 2007!
Alice in Chains is predicting another album in the coming few years. New frontman, William DuVall, has said not to expect it soon, as the band has lots of shows until the end of the tour. Jerry Cantrell, (Lead Guitarist) Said it's definetly a possibility and there's no reason they shouldn't when the tour's over. After Layne Stayley, The band definetly lost the same feel. But I don't think new AIC is bad, but it's completely different. William brings a whole new melodic feel to the band, and of course. Many less "Oh yeahs!". The coming album will probably be better than Black Gives Way To Blue because they will have a further understanding of DuValls vocal capabilities.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

You know what really pisses me off? Stupid lyrics. Mostly rap music has the most horrible lyrics. All they ******** talk about is having sex with hookers, and buying $500 shoes. A few of my friends are over at my house, and happen to be listening to Young Money's "Bedrock". Oh my god, I don't think I've heard worse lyrics in my life.
"Alright, Okay, I guess it's my turn for me to put my p***y on your sideburns"
1.) ******** EW
2.) DA ********?! It's weird, awkward and nasty. Nobody wants that crusy s**t on your face. Now, bands like Enter Shikari (How many times have I mentioned them recently?) have amazing lyrics. As well as Chiodos. Maybe because I actually have a wide-spread vocabulary and actually enjoy music, not repetitive beats and over used topics. So the moral of this little story is music has sucked since the 2000's, and with music sucking, so do lyrics.

Song of the Day - -

Ignition - Trivium
Lots of Trivium talk today so I thought I'd put my favorite Trivium song up for the day. "Ignition" was featured on The Crusade so there is no screaming in it. The Crusade was unique for Trivium because it was completely void of any screaming. They didn't like how it sounded so they stopped doing it. "Ignition" focus' on it's melodic, layered chorus above all else. Some of the lyrics include;
"Raise the guns, At every self-made suspicion
Build the bombs, Corrupt policy's decision
Our Leaders Preach if we disagree
We're the traitors of society
Homophobia, Racism, Sexism
Our Systems breed supremacy"
The song is about tolerance basically, which is odd for such a metal band to support tolerance. Trivium is a really lyrical band actually. Look up full lyrics if you wanna see what I mean.

- - Summer Update

Limo ride today, The Rush light show was ballin'! I had a lot of fun tonight, which I can say I did not expect so much. I almost didn't wanna go, I made a good call today. Totally worth going to my buddies Birthday to see that s**t.
Goin' back to my friends house tomorrow so we can tear s**t up! Should be another few amazing days! I'll try to keep updated over that period, but I can't promise.

The colors green and blue.
Pizza parlor arcade games blow a**, they cost so much for such little gameplay or game quality. Where's the arcade Sonic? Or Megaman!? I miss good games you know? Super Mario was beast.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:42 am
'XING' : 'LYNX' : 'HOUR'

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

For those who didn't know, frontman of Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan, co-wrote three Breaking Benjamin songs off of We Are Not Alone. 'Follow", "Rain", and "Forget It". The funny part about it being those songs are that those are pretty much my three favorite songs on the album. I didn't even know Billy Corgan assisted on any of the tracks before either. Even though Billy Corgan may be an evergrowing douche, he also has amazing writing ability.
Dream Theater released that last month they will be heading into the studio for their 11th full length studio album in 2011. They have no further information about the title or any tracks on it. One fact we all know is that John Petrucci will come out and blow our minds with more intense soloing gold.
Rush's next album will also be released rather soon. In 2011, the bands plans on beginning recording on Clockwork Angels. But they want to finish up their Time Machine Tour.
Queens of the Stone Age will also be having a new album. Unknown title, release date, or anything. It will be out in 2011 also though so there's plenty of music to look forward to. I doubt they'll stick to their original sound because Josh is going to want to experiment with new sounds after being in Them Crooked Vultures.
The last album release i'll mention for the day is Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot. They're a power metal band much alike Symphony X or Nocturnal Rites. The new album should be out this year in September.

Song of the Day - -

Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
With use of repetitive guitar chords and incredibly unrepetitive lyrics, the songs shines above the rest of their work because it's cheerful, poppy sound. The back up vocalists send chants out throughout the chorus's and the singer Adam Duritz releases rather humorous "shalalala's" through the track. The song is featured on August and Everything After if you're interested in finding it like I strongly suggest. It's not a heavy song though so it may not be everyone's piece of cake.

- - Summer Update

Hanging with brosephs, agrivating them while doing this.

Forgetting things... ******** my life.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas