Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Chasers Cranny (Final SERIES) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aren't you glad you were a Chaser???
maybe...
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
nope, sorry
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
HECK YES! we're the BEST!
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 pm
Welcome to The 2010 World Cup!

The first ever Quidditch World Cup was held in 1473 between Bulgaria and Romania.

It has been 537 years since the first Quidditch World and now, we are very lucky to have the Quidditch World Cup here at Hogwarts.

You brave players have been selected to serve in the most coveted Quidditch position: Chaser!
Read the next few posts because it will give you the information you need to help your team win!

Oh yea, and in case you don't know, I'm Icee, I'll be the referee for the Chasers!
In this case, the referee is just the one who awards the points and releases the trivia!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 am
How to Play!

Chasers are the smartest, greatest, most awesome people on the Quidditch team!
Because of your awesomeness you're going to have to answer some trivia questions!
Simple no?
I will post a series of questions in the Current Questions post each week.
Each Chaser will get to send ONE PM to me each week with the answers to the questions.
The questions will be Harry Potter related. They're not going to be your average Dueling Club questions either!
Every correct Response will earn you ten points for your team!
Since you're awesome Chasers, if you get an answer wrong, you won't be penalized!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Questions | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 am
Rules!

You guys are going to be wonderful. However, I must enforce some rules and regulations:

• If you're not a Chaser, you can still post here. However, I encourage you to do most of your chatting in the Stands

• Never ever post a Trivia answer in this thread (or anywhere else). Answers should always be PMed to me

• When sending trivia answers to me, please make sure the subject has your Team's Name AND the Series Number. The Series Number will be posted in the Current Question section of this thread.

• Chasers are only allowed to send me ONE PM per Series. Multiple PMs (in a series) will cost your team points, even if the answers are correct!

• If you have a question about how this game will work or anything else, ASK IT. I prefer you to post your questions here, but if you want to PM me...go ahead.

• Take the time out and sign some autographs with your fans. The Stands is the event's main hangout thread. Participation is key to win the House Cup!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 am
Current Questions!

Penultimate Series
  • Who were the two children from the orphanage Tom Riddle took to the Cave? (FULL NAMES please, Ten points for each correct answer)

• Who were the two witches/wizards responsible for the Dursleys when Harry left Privet Drive in the seventh book? (Ten points for each correct answer)

• Who did Lord Voldemort steal Hufflepuff's Cup and Slytherin's Locket from? (First and Last name)

• Name the 3 Gaunts (Voldemort's mother, grandfather, and uncle).

• According to Rita Skeeter what is Hagrid's mother's name?

• Who was Minister of Magic before Fudge?

• What was the title of Rita Skeeter's biography of Dumbledore?

• Who was the first Marauder to die? (Full Name and Nickname, Ten points for each correct answer)

I want these answers no later than Monday, August 16. When I log on, I expect to have them, if not, NO credit will be given. Do NOT use the internet OR books to answer these questions. All of the questions refer to the Harry Potter book series, not the movies. It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! I'm trusting you so please be honest and DO NOT use the books/internet. Also, don't forget to put a subject for the PM!

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 am
Chasers' Scoreboard!

Romania's Chasers lead by eighty points!

Team Romania: 900 points

Team Belgium: 810 points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:50 am
Previous Questions (with Answers)!

This is where I will post the previous series of questions. Every time I post a new set, the older set will be moved here (with answers). Once the answers are posted, no points can be awarded. I will only post questions on Mondays and Thursdays.

Series Numero Uno
  • In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film), what did Professor Lupin use to get past the Whomping Willow? (Note: I'm talking about when he followed Harry and the gang to the Shrieking Shack)
    A: He used a spell "Immobilus" (I also accepted "a wand or a spell")

• Which character was constantly being harassed by goblins for his gambling debts?
    A: Ludo(vic) Bagman

• According to Mad Eye Moody, which Death Eater took "a piece of him" when Mad Eye tried to arrest him?
    A: Evan Rosier

• What body part did that Death Eater harm?
    A: His Nose

• When did Nicolas Flamel create the Philosopher/Sorcerer's Stone?
    A: 1382 (I would've accepted late 14th century)

Series Two
  • In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book), who was the first victim when the Chamber of Secrets reopened?
    A: Mrs. Norris

• Who was the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team right before Harry?
    A: Angelina Johnson

• Prior to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry had visited every Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher's office, with one exception. Who was the exception?
    A: Professor Quirrel

• What were Neville's parents' names?
    A: Frank and Alice Longbottom

• Two Weasley children were Head Boys, how many were prefects?
    A: Four: Bill, Charlie, Percy, and Ron.

Series THR33
  • Before becoming Headmaster, what subject did Professor Dumbledore teach at Hogwarts?
    A: Transfiguration

• Who was Headmaster at Hogwarts before Dumbledore?
    A: Armando Dippet

• What is Dumbledore's FULL name? (I want the ENTIRE name, no credit if you just give me his first and last name. You're being warned)
    A: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

• What was Dumbledore's sister's name?
    A: Ariana

Series Four
  • What magazine did Rita Skeeter use to publish her exclusive interview about Voldemort with Harry? ((The interview I'm talking about takes place in Order of the Phoenix))
    A: The Quibbler

• Who did Ginny Weasley date first: Harry Potter, Dean Thomas, Michael Corner, or Seamus Finnigan?
    A: Michael Corner

• In Order of the Phoenix, Ron and Hermoine became Gryffindor prefects. Who were the 5th year prefects in the other three Houses? (Five points for each correct answer!)
    A: Anthony Goldstein, Padma Patil, Ernie Macmillan, Hannah Abbott, Draco Malfoy, and Pansy Parkinson

Series 5
  • Bellatrix Lestrange has two sisters. Name them (first and last names please!)
    A: Narcissa Malfoy and Andromeda Tonks

• While he was at Hogwarts, who was Snape's Head of House? (first and last name)
    A: Horace Slughorn

• Which of the seven Harry Potter book(s) did not have a title chapter? [ie: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets had a chapter titled "The Chamber of Secrets"]
    A: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone AND Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• What does O.W.L. stand for?
    A: Ordinary Wizarding Level

Series 6
  • Which character (Crabbe, Goyle, or Draco Malfoy) was killed in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
    A: Vincent Crabbe

• Referring to the previous question, how did he die?
    A: Killed in the Fiendfyre in the Room of Requirement (Fiendfyre accepted)

• According to Fudge, where is Azkaban located? [Please do not say an island! I want to know where that island is!]
    A: In the North Sea

• What does N.E.W.T. stand for?
    A: Nastily Exhausting Wizard Tests

Penultimate Series
  • Who were the two children from the orphanage Tom Riddle took to the Cave? (FULL NAMES please, Ten points for each correct answer)
    A: Amy Benson and Dennis Bishop

• Who were the two witches/wizards responsible for the Dursleys when Harry left Privet Drive in the seventh book? (Ten points for each correct answer)
    A: Dedalus Diggle and Hestia Jones

• Who did Lord Voldemort steal Hufflepuff's Cup and Slytherin's Locket from? (First and Last name)
    A: Hepzibah Smith

• Name the 3 Gaunts (Voldemort's mother, grandfather, and uncle).
    A: Merope, Marvolo, and Morfin.

• According to Rita Skeeter what is Hagrid's mother's name?
    A: Fridwulfa

• Who was Minister of Magic before Fudge?
    A: Millicent Bagnold

• What was the title of Rita Skeeter's biography of Dumbledore?
    A: The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore

• Who was the first Marauder to die? (Full Name and Nickname, Ten points for each correct answer)
    A: James "Prongs" Potter

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:02 am
Scoreboard!

Team Belgium vs. Team Romania!

550 | 595

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am
Hall of Fame!

Sorry this Hall of Fame is for Chasers Only

Here's a bit of information about the Chasers in the 2010 World Cup!

Team Romania
Helen (animefreak-01) represents Hufflepuff House. She's flying a Nimbus 2001.
Lyra Elizabeth is the Head of Ravenclaw House. She's flying a Nimbus 2000.
Kitty (Animekitty57) is the Head of Gryffindor House. She's flying a Firebolt.

Team Belgium
Sarah Jane (meree) represents Hufflepuff House. She's flying a Firebolt.
Andrew (Oshenukhar) is the Prefect for Gryffindor House. He's flying a Nimbus 2001.
Amber Moonshade (Stardust Disaster) is the Top Poster of Hufflepuff House. She's flying a Nimbus 2000.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:20 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:01 pm
User Image

User ImageAndrew wanders in looks at the board of chasers and says "It looks like it is going to be a great game...
Lets win Belgium~! Good luck Romania! Chaser Pride!"

User Image

Oshenukhar

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm
Question:
How long do we have for each set of questions/trivia?
It sounds like it's either one week or until the end of the week (not sure), but what if you post questions twice that week?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Welcome guys!
The first series will be released tomorrow.
Time to be determined!

Also Lyra:

For the length of time to answer the questions: You're going to be able to answer each set until the new set is posted. So For Monday's clues you have until Thursday. For Thurs. you have until Mon.

I'll explain all of that jazz tomorrow.

IceeWitch

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:04 pm
Amber Moonshade reporting for duty! Already adorned in black and red! biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:28 pm
Stardust Disaster
Amber Moonshade reporting for duty! Already adorned in black and red! biggrin

OMG I love it!
If we make an award for best player's outfit, you have my vote!

Crazy (in a loving way) chasers I will release the first series tomorrow! You will have until Thursday to find the answers!

IceeWitch

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces