Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ahh i hate this some one help me see the truth(Resolved) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 pm
so okay I have an issue one of my friends recently just told me that Ares is actually a woman and me who has studied greek myths and have some ties with one of the greek gods know that he is a man one because he is called the GOD of War not the GODDESS of War so i need to know how many people have say other wise and believe as i do that he is and always has been a man so i can tally this and slap it in my friends face cuz he always believes he is right  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:44 pm
Raygnar Havon
so okay I have an issue one of my friends recently just told me that Ares is actually a woman and me who has studied greek myths and have some ties with one of the greek gods know that he is a man one because he is called the GOD of War not the GODDESS of War so i need to know how many people have say other wise and believe as i do that he is and always has been a man so i can tally this and slap it in my friends face cuz he always believes he is right

O.O Ask him how he came to this conclusion? Because I've never heard anything like that. At all. Ever.  

erinnightwalker

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:03 pm
i have he told me that he had done a research thing or what ever but so far as i know he wouldnt tell me where he read this or even what resource he got it from  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 pm
Raygnar Havon
i have he told me that he had done a research thing or what ever but so far as i know he wouldnt tell me where he read this or even what resource he got it from

My guess? He got it from his a** so he can feel special.

Ares isn't my area of expertise, but I've never read about him being a woman in original sources.  

Collowrath

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am
Collowrath
Raygnar Havon

My guess? He got it from his a** so he can feel special.

Ares isn't my area of expertise, but I've never read about him being a woman in original sources.

Maybe he's a futa? Because I seem to remember a whole thing about him and Aphrodite getting caught in the middle of the woohoo....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am
Ares... definitely male
wasn't Athena the greek GODDESS of War, as well as wisdom?
And besides if he can't give you a source then yeah pretty much coming out of the a**  

Faith-The1Slayer

5,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Arden Deschain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:24 am
erinnightwalker

Maybe he's a futa? Because I seem to remember a whole thing about him and Aphrodite getting caught in the middle of the woohoo....

Oh yes. they were caught in the deed in a net and left hanging up for the other gods to point and laugh at. If only adultery/cheating were dealt with like this today! I would definitely have gotten a kick out of that. fuufuufuu...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 pm
I found this:
Hymn to Ares

Since it addresses him as a father, I think your friend is mistaken.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm
yeah not to mention half of human literature that involves the greek gods also just to also clarify that i beleive Athena is actually the Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill war as in the stratigy behind it i believe where as Ares is just war and battle if i am correct
and please a futa how degrading to call a god of such power  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 pm
Raygnar Havon
yeah not to mention half of human literature that involves the greek gods also just to also clarify that i beleive Athena is actually the Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill war as in the stratigy behind it i believe where as Ares is just war and battle if i am correct
and please a futa how degrading to call a god of such power

I was being a smartass, since Ares always seemed to me like he invented testosterone. Perhaps you should mention the myth in question to your friend (when Aphrodite and he were caught in the net) and see what he says. I so get a cookie if he tries the futa defense >.>

**Disclaimer** This is based on my readings of mythology, not on hymns, UPG, or contact with deities. Figured I'd mention that.

If I am not mistaken (Hellenic recons, where are you?), Ares handles the uncivilised side of war- blood, guts, gore, pure visceral *KILLYOUANDTAKEYOURWOMEN* kind of thing. Athena handles the planning- when and where to apply force for the best gain. Not that she can't fight, but.... she uses force when necessary to achieve her desire. Ares is straightforward hack-n-slash.  

erinnightwalker

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 am
that is what i said Ares is the hot head and fire tempered one which is why all the other gods (for exception of Aphrodite) hate his guts where athena on the other hand is respected and is more sensible but knowing my friend hell probably say their lesbian lovers or something cuz thats the way he is which makes me question his intellegence

edit i told him his response "who gives a ******** those gods arent real"

in response thunder clouds appeared and it started to get nasty  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 am
I feel that if you read the hymn I quoted that was made to Ares, the image of the "hot headed" or blood thirsty war lord does not do him justice.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:12 am
Brass Bell Doll
I feel that if you read the hymn I quoted that was made to Ares, the image of the "hot headed" or blood thirsty war lord does not do him justice.

True.... as I said, I hadn't found the hymns yet. Still, it seems like he is the fires of war as opposed to the planning of war? I don't know, maybe I'm way off XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:25 pm
erinnightwalker
Brass Bell Doll

True.... as I said, I hadn't found the hymns yet. Still, it seems like he is the fires of war as opposed to the planning of war? I don't know, maybe I'm way off XD

"Restrain also the keen fury of my heart which provokes
me to tread the ways of blood-curdling strife. Rather, O blessed
one, give you me boldness to abide within the harmless laws of
peace, avoiding strife and hatred and the violent fiends of
death. "

I feel that this passage reflects a restraint that is key to knowing when to enter battle and when not to. I think this kind of thought is part of the planning of war.

Do you think it is possible that because the Athenians and the Spartans had a long standing conflict, and Athena was the patroness of Athens, that her role as a War Goddess had more to do with protection of her homeland and less to do with war itself?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm
well if those boy lovers could stand up to the might of the persians then....oh wait that was a movie sorry

but yeah it would seem that passage is more worded to Athenas way of war rather than Ares cuz Athena was also known as the Goddess of Wisdom, so it would make since her assotiation would be linked to the overal stratagy and preperations where as Ares was the god of actually doing war

but i may be wrong it is possible that the passage is being interpreted wrongly  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff