Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply Archives
[Archived] zOMG! As a Hangout Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Whenever I'm invited to hang out in Towns, Rally, or Virtual Hollywood, I always suggest we use zOMG! instead.
              Especially since finding out that zOMG! has less users than Rally.

Now, I'm only one person, and don't hang out that much.
              So there isn't much I, as an individual can do.
              But, I'd like to start an initiative. To make zOMG! the new hangout for Gaia.
              I'm not talking about playing the actual game, I'm talking about just sitting around and hanging out.
              I'm just not really sure how.
              So, I'm turning to you all to think of something.

Here's what I've got so far;

There're no annoying hackers, botters, or scripters in zOMG!. Sensual Soul
              zOMG! has a better movement system.
              It's got infinitely better music than towns. - Sami Von Disco
              Even if you don't kill stuff, you can still earn gold if your friends do. - zearics
              It's not filled with ugly trash, annoying bugs, or stupid looking cars.
              It provides a larger variety of scenery than flat, grassy squares or parking lots.
              It gives you a wider range of Chat options, so you can selectively talk to people. Mickey2146
              There's the addition of Rings to your entertainment. ie; Running around with Fleet Feet is kinda fun.
              There's the addition of VOIP.
              You'll be earning Ghi boosts just by sitting there.
              And you'll be supporting a great game by upping it's daily user count.

Some suggestions for Developers;
              Adding additional emotes, unique to zOMG! and not appearing in Towns or Rally, could be cool.
              Adding "hang-out" areas, in Barton. The "LOVE" building, outside of which Candice stands, would be perfect to host private rooms.
              The ability to change your Chat Box color, be it free, or by purchasing it with Cash, could be cool too.

So, if you can think of any additional reasons to use zOMG!, or some way to start an initiative to use zOMG! instead, please contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm
You forgot the most compelling reason for the average Gaian; you can earn GOLD in zOMG! Much more than Towns and Rally.

EDIT: I know some people are all like, "OMG NO MOAR GOLD IN TEH ECONOMY! BAD INFLATION!!1!!" But I really think that if zOMG wants up their user count, they should embrace and pimp out the image that zOMG is a good source of income.

Especially with the upcoming epics. Take THAT RIGs! talk2hand  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Well, yes, but I'm talking about just as a hang-out, not as playing the game.
              People like to just sit down and talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Ah, I see. whee Well, I think zOMG has infinitely better music than Towns. 3nodding  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

zearics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm
A obvious reason to use zOMG instead is because you can get gold by killing the creatures while you just talk in a screen. (If you don't get gold, XD forgive me its been a long time)

You used to be able to get stuff just from your friend killing stuff, idk if that still happens or not. But people like stuff. That should be enough to draw people. But with Aquariums paying out a lot more gold then any other game, it kinda draws people from that area of the game. Though gold is to easy to get anymore as it is...

The minature events like the kiki rescue should draw people. I know I went back for that and was one of the first people doing the event. lol.

I like your color chat idea.

Also reason why rally is so popular is because all the immature kids hang out to do stuff against tos, very few do to race lol.

So in general... Things that would attract people, a statistics chart, that showed your top damage, top damage recieved, how many times sent to chamber, rings found etc.
I think that would really draw people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Oh goodness, I agree 100% about the facility of movement. I kept going 'up' when I pressed the 'down' arrow today.. That and I kept typing "e" when I wanted to "pose"

-It's easier to talk when you want to address only a select few/one person. There's more choices for who you want to be able to see what you have to say. I found it a little annoying whenever I have to type "@___" each time when there was a lot of people on the same screen.

-In zOMG, one doesn't feel Gaia's "greedy-grabby hands" I'm not sure about the Rally, but in the cinimas and Towns, you can buy stuff so you can do other...stuff. (throw popcorn, fireballs, etc.)
^I don't know where I'm going with that anymore because I just realized that you would be using gold (not GC) anyways..

Suggestion to Devs:
- Go ahead and make that hang out. I don't really think people will mind if it looks exactly like the General's home. It gives a feel of "privacy" which may draw a few more people.

- Make seasonal areas maybe. Sure, the landscape changes every season, but what about areas that get taken away/added for one season? I know that the pools in the town draws more people in so why not in zOMG too?  

Mickeymoot

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 am
I remember reading that the staff are trying to convert Towns and all those worlds into the same system as zOMG, which I'm sure means better movement, pretty landscapes, etc. Part of me is excited for that change because it (hopefully) means catching bugs won't be such a hassle, but it could make most of these reasons for using zOMG over other live chat areas null.

OR we could be optimistic and figure it will make people more used to zOMG after the changes? =P  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 am
Don't forget there is no annoying hackers or scripters in zOMG! either!

This is a really great idea. I suggest you make banners (or have some made) to promote this. You could also think up a slogan of some kind that can be posted in the z!Spot threads.

And you could even hold a few contest or events to promote this idea.

Idea for event. zOMG! Sit in. Like a demonstration of old, when people were fighting for civil rights. Only now it's to show how much better zOMG! is then Town or Rallies!

Make/ Meet a friend day in zOMG! Sort of like a dating game but more friendship related. This would be a great one to post in the Gaia Newbie forums.  

Sensual Soul
Vice Captain

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am

@Mickey; That's a good point.
              You're able to keep up a whisper conversation, or talk just between a few people in Crew.

@Disco; Users have been saying that, and [ JK ] expressed interest, but the official word is that that's not happening.
              I think it'd be awesome if it did, especially if they're doing Clan lairs, though.

@Sen; Botters!
              Yes, that's a very good thing to get away from.
              xd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:52 pm
Sami Von Disco
I remember reading that the staff are trying to convert Towns and all those worlds into the same system as zOMG, which I'm sure means better movement, pretty landscapes, etc. Part of me is excited for that change because it (hopefully) means catching bugs won't be such a hassle, but it could make most of these reasons for using zOMG over other live chat areas null.

OR we could be optimistic and figure it will make people more used to zOMG after the changes? =P
I'm excited for that change too. Can't wait to be able to decorate my house again. 4laugh  

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250

Mickeymoot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 pm
Ah, thanks for finding a better way to say that. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm
i already doo that. zOMG = 1 big chat room xD  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

King Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:55 pm
You can have really cool events like Hide 'n Seek in zOMG! Or like trying to run round and dodge all the animated monsters as a CL 1 and cross a finish line. :'D

zOMG! has also given us themes to use like dressing our avatar's up to resemble the Animated. Can't do that in Towns cause there is no monsters.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 am
Another plus, is that you can have a literal private area.

Go into an instance, and you are now 100% free from others.
This only really works if its six or less people though.  

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

Cannibal Horsey

Man-Hungry Lovergirl

12,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:12 am
I use zOMG to hang out with my friends a lot in fact. I had an online birthday party there and everything! We just sat around the fire on GB sang danced and had fun. I've had a wedding to. And attended weddings and proms! I go there to hang out a lot in fact. Its fun just sitting down and chatting with your friends without the delay of the forums, and being able to chat with random people as well. Yes you can do that in towns, but the areas are all very samey and quite dull after a while in my opinion anyway  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff