Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Repellent Young Conservatives. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:26 pm
http://www.newstudent.org/forum.php?page=61&fid=1&t=4&th=841506

Miss Out of Control
pinkandipink
Miss Out of Control
i think i told u guys abt me going 2 the cameron cf xmas party. was wicked, won a prize 2. tour of commons and drinks with an mp, who i have met a few times now.
gonna meet david davies soon (not the runner up in leadership election this one is different) and gonna go 2 cameron's talk at center for social justice soon. also gonna meet micheal brown soon, who is an x mp and now a political journalist. also going 2 a QT event with sum journalists soon, includin that yasmin brown woman.

i love the houses of parliament. they are so cool. we met IDS and my biology teacher and my mate had a massive argument with him lol about Les Tories. poor man was so shocked and upset haha.

I have met IDS a few times now, as he is a local mp to me anyways, and i go to a lot of center for social justice things, which his think tank. i want work experience there so got 2 get in with them lol.
he is kl.
houses of p r wicked, i luv them. spend a lot of time there, cos of events, westminister abbey (i do history) etc. was at big ben on saturday 4 new years.
weneva i see them i get like a warm feelin inside which sounds weird i no. but like i no that wen i enter them as an mp, i have achieved everything i eva wanted, and i have put the past behind it. it symbolised that 4 me. and its got such a rich history 2. but i luv it so much, i always call it my future home and work place lol. wud luv 2 move nearer 2 westminister village tho.

How utterly repellent. It is this sort of thing that I find worst about British politics, the sort of people that it seems to attract.

Grammar aside, they don't seem to be very bright. Not very thinking or aware.

In my experience, it is the same with all parties.

confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:44 pm
Career politician, eh? Student politics put me off it for life, I could not give up my priciples to be so-populist.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:03 am
hmm indeed.. i JUST about understood that...

A Lost Iguana, my take on that is that most dont really know where they stand on issues and accept nearly anything that is thrown at them if everyone else seems to like it. if most people support that idea it must be right is the sort of mentality i have incountered over the last year.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:54 am
Please lead the Conservatives Francis... and stop this poor, poor grammar. neutral  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:05 am
Nebelstern
Please lead the Conservatives Francis... and stop this poor, poor grammar. neutral

Well, quite.

"Education, education, education." As they say!

rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:05 pm
Invictus_88
Nebelstern

Well, quite.

"Education, education, education." As they say!

rolleyes
thats blairite language. you must be confused... gonk  

Mr. Bono Vox

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:36 am
Nah, Major had a habit of repeating himself in speeches before TB got on the act.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:51 pm
A Lost Iguana
Nah, Major had a habit of repeating himself in speeches before TB got on the act.

And Hitler before Major, I often suspect Blair of drawing more on the former than the latter.

stare

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:56 pm
Mr. Bono Vox

Nope, only ironic.

Also, it seems my suspicions were right about that girl being awful. She said she's giong into politics to get accepted by society and to feel more valuable.

Hideous.

gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 pm
Invictus_88
Mr. Bono Vox

Nope, only ironic.

Also, it seems my suspicions were right about that girl being awful. She said she's giong into politics to get accepted by society and to feel more valuable.

Hideous.

gonk

*blank look*
*blank look*
Don't people tend to dislike politicians.
Confused girl. Warm feeling inside? Mentally unsound.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:00 am
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

And Hitler before Major, I often suspect Blair of drawing more on the former than the latter.

stare

Now I have the image of a camp TB dancing with goose-stepping girls behind him.

"Spring time for Hitleeeeer and Germaneeeeeeee.... Winteeeer for Poooland and Fraaaaance!"

XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:58 pm
ice_illusion
Invictus_88
Mr. Bono Vox

Nope, only ironic.

Hideous.

gonk

*blank look*
*blank look*
Don't people tend to dislike politicians.
Confused girl. Warm feeling inside? Mentally unsound.

If she gets into parliament, I may simply emigrate. Her election would be proof enough that anyone suitable for the role is weeded-out in the selection for candidacy, and that all really is lost.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Captain Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:08 pm
i thought many conservatives where repellant anyways... j/k

yes well i dread to think what state the nation would be in if people such as that where to be elected.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:35 pm
She probably will.

Such is the relentless drive for Asians and females. She ticks two key boxes there.

Invictus_88
Captain

Captain Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:04 pm
Invictus_88
She probably will.

Such is the relentless drive for Asians and females. She ticks two key boxes there.
well we do needmore representation of such groups within the house but i dont agree with picking people just because they are say.. black, or a woman or.. young. i think there needs to be an encouragement of political thinking in schools.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games