Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:48 pm
I caught Pokerus in my HeartGold game today!! surprised

I've spread it to lots of my pokemon in my pc, so if anyone wants the virus, I can trade you one of my random pokemon with it so you can spread it to the rest of you own team biggrin

I heard it's several times rarer than shiney pokemon eek If that's true, well... wow. And I've never even found a shiny lol.

Let me know if you want it heart What do I want in return? I dont know biggrin make an offer lol. I like shinies, but besides that, I'm not fussed xd

Note: I'm usually online and trading between 6pm-11.30pm (GMT) but it varies at weekends. Just letting you know in case timing becomes an issue. I'll check back here regularly, but feel free to PM me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FAQ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Pokerus/PKRS?

The Pokerus (Pokemon virus) is a virus that doubles the EV points you gain in battle. This also works together with any EV gaining items too... so depending on the item and pokemon beaten, you can gain anything from 4, 8, to 14 points per pokemon! biggrin For example, if my infected pokemon holding a macho brace beats a Pidgey, it will gain 4 points instead of 1 or 2.
It's a handly little virus.

How do I catch the virus in my game?

With a lot of luck smile You catch it by either catching or battling an infected pokemon in the game. (Note: it cannot be passed on via Wifi or link battles with friend's infected pokemon.) However, the chances of encountering an infected pokemon is very small. Some say it's about the same as finding a shiny, others say it's even rarer. I don't know exactly how rare it is, but it's rare, that much is certain.

How do I know if a pokemon is infected?

If you go to a pokemon's summary page, there should be a big purple "PKRS" label next to its name. You can't miss it smile it looks like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What do I do with my new PKRS infected pokemon?

While a pokemon has the purple PKRS label, it is contagious, and can pass the virus to other members of your party. To pass the virus on, just put the infected pokemon in your party and encounter some wild pokemon (you dont have to battle, just run). Eventually, the virus will spread throughout your party.

Is the virus permanent?

Yes and no. The EV gaining effects of the virus last forever on any pokemon that has caught it. However, it does not remain contagious forever.
When an infected pokemon is in your party, and the game clock hits midnight, that pokemon will automatically be "healed". You can see this by the purple PKRS label disappearing, and instead there is a yellow smiley face next to its picture. Don't worry, pokemon with the smiley face still get the EV gain!

So how do I keep a contagious form of the virus?

Easy smile put a contagious pokemon in the PC. While an infected pokemon is in the PC, it will remain contagious, even if it goes past midnight. It's always best to infect a few spare pokemon and keep them in storage - that way you will keep the contagious virus forever and can pass it on to however many pokemon you want in the future. smile

Does the virus spread in the PC?

No, it only spreads while it's in your party, and only infects your party pokemon.

Can pokemon catch the virus more than once?

No. Once a pokemon has had the virus, it cannot catch it again, the smiley face indicates that it is now immune.

Link to Serebii's Pokerus page
Link to Bulbapedia's Pokerus page

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Happy training! heart

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm
awesome! i caught pokerus in my soulsilver legitly as well w/o even trying ^^ and it's easier to catch than shinies!  

Eternal Bloodshed

550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

x-ikarategirl-x

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:58 pm
what is pokerus?  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm
Eternal Bloodshed
awesome! i caught pokerus in my soulsilver legitly as well w/o even trying ^^ and it's easier to catch than shinies!
Meh, you could be right. I hear of people getting shinies more than the virus, but I could be wrong. smile

mackehzay: it doubles the amount of EV points gained in battle.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Inmyroomreb

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 pm
Damn. I have the Pokerus on Pearl and Ruby. I've been trying to get it on HeartGold.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:46 pm
what would you want for a pokerus-y pokemon?
: O  

soft abomination

Ruthless Sweetheart

x-ikarategirl-x

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:38 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Eternal Bloodshed
Meh, you could be right. I hear of people getting shinies more than the virus, but I could be wrong. smile

mackehzay: it doubles the amount of EV points gained in battle.

omg.now i want pokerus.lol.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:04 pm
I says:

I have some infected Pokemon, too.
Incidentally, they're all level 100. '-.-User Image  

Boundary Challenged

Newbie Noob

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am
Well anyone who wants it is free to offer anything really ^^ since it's not like I'd be losing anything, I don't expect anything major smile it's up to you what you wish to give to me in return.
I'll be online for the next... 6 hours or so xd

Just reply here or PM me with your name and friendcode, and let me know when you're in the wifi area, I'll hook you up wink

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 am
I had pokerus on Sapphire, I had over 200 pokemon infected with it xD

It's not as rare as shinies, the odds of finding a wild pokemon with it is only like, 1/5,000 (wear as shinies are 1/8,000 something)

And all you have to do is defeat a wild pokemon that has it, and the pokemon/s that defeated it will be infected with it. 3nodding You can't tell if a pokemon has it or not when you encounter it though.

Best way to catch pokerus is to fight tons and tons and tons of wild pokemon. xd

I need to catch it on soul silver. xP  

Braying Punk

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:05 am
Art Murder
I had pokerus on Sapphire, I had over 200 pokemon infected with it xD

It's not as rare as shinies, the odds of finding a wild pokemon with it is only like, 1/5,000 (wear as shinies are 1/8,000 something)

And all you have to do is defeat a wild pokemon that has it, and the pokemon/s that defeated it will be infected with it. 3nodding You can't tell if a pokemon has it or not when you encounter it though.

Best way to catch pokerus is to fight tons and tons and tons of wild pokemon. xd

I need to catch it on soul silver. xP
Thanks for the clarification biggrin I keep hearing a lot of different odds when it comes to encountering the virus >.< The biggest I heard was 1/15,000 eek I thought that was a bit extreme though, even for pokemon xd

I think I caught mine when I was EV training on Rt 41.

Edit: I also heard it has to be hit with a physical move (I can't argue with it, my Scizor was the one to catch it from the wild pokemon, and all her moves are physical.) If anyone knows otherwise though, feel free to tell me xd

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:19 am
Hmm... a lot of message boards are saying it's a 3/65,536 chance. Bulbapedia confirms this too >.>;

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokérus

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Braying Punk

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:39 am
I've caught on sapphire/ruby on 7-8 different games and never once seen a shiny(accept in Silver where they were much more common), so there is no way it's 65 thousand >_>

Pokerus isn't really all that rare. 8/10 'good' pokemon players have it.

And I personally never go to Bulbedia, only source I trust is Serebii, and Serebii says it's as rare as/a bit less rarer then shinies

http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml

Regardless 1/65,536 has a 1/65,536 chance of being true. xp  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 am
Lol fair enough razz Though 3/65,536 works out to about 1/21,845... but yeah, still quite extreme.
I guess I'll be content with not knowing how rare it is smile It always depends on who you talk to in terms of shinies vs pkrs encounters, so maybe there isn't an official figure out there.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Braying Punk

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:54 am
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Lol fair enough razz Though 3/65,536 works out to about 1/21,845... but yeah, still quite extreme.
I guess I'll be content with not knowing how rare it is smile It always depends on who you talk to in terms of shinies vs pkrs encounters, so maybe there isn't an official figure out there.

maybe only certian species of pokemon can be found with it, or in certain areas? xd

who knows really, i guess.  
TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces