Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Diary of a Fat Black Woman Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm
The Diary of a Fat Black Woman :

Premise behind the Diary:I figured it would be best to morph my diary with my food journal since my emotions seem to linked with the food I eat. Perhaps by writing this diary-food-journal I can effectively eliminate the foods which make me upset and find new mechanisms to cope with the emotions which make me want to eat.

Goals: First and foremost I want to look the best I can for my figure. I'm an upside down triangle (also referred to as a strawberry) and people with my shape tend to look like line backers if they have extra weight on them. With that being said I want to minimize my extra weight so I can look a bit more feminine. My current weight rests around 150 and I am 5 feet 6. I want to get down to 125-130 pounds . Another personal goal I hope to achieve from all this is patience and perhaps also give up swearing.

Thinspiration: I'm going to be a freshman in college come fall. I want to start off College with a new look and new attitude about life. There's also my guy friend who I may or may not be head over heals in lust with who is coming to University with me and will have the same major *O*.

n.n anyhow. Suppose my first entry will be tomorrow. See you folks tomorrow morning then. Best of luck to everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 am
May 18th:

GGN was on the fritz for me yesterday o-o.... so idk what happened there .

This morning for breakfast I had a grapefruit with a punch of salt. My plans for lunch include something with the kidney beans I made last night. Not quite sure what i'll end up doing with them.

For Lunchinner I attempted to remake one of my taco bell favorites (7 layer burrito) in a healthier manner. Spinach, low fat sour cream, a little cheese, kidney beans, tomato, brown rice in a tortilla. It was okay >.< , not quite taco bell but I suppose it's a lot healthier.

For Dinner I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Somewhere during the day I had a cookie. o-o

Also lots of water.  

Ligand

Roslin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:02 am
Adjusting and trying to come up with new alternatives to your previous guilty pleasures can be weird when you're first starting. Nothing is really going to taste like what you used to eat but eventually you'll adjust to the new food and when you do eat the stuff you used to eat before (fast food) it will taste gross and weird. Or atleast that's how it worked out for me. I can't stand fast food chicken sandwiches anymore and I used to love them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Kidney beans can be mixed in with rice to make a really yummy 'Cajun' rice dish.

1 cup brown rice,
2 1/4 cup water/veg stock
As many kidney beans as you like. (about 1.5 cups for the spice ratio I've given perhaps)
An onion (or more if you like onions)
Garlic (to taste)
Celery (1 stalkish)
Spinach (A big handful)
Some olive oil for sauteeing
'Cajun' fixins' (if you don't have cajun fixins' pre mixed, use onion powder, dried chipotle peppers, paprika, cayenne and anything else that strikes your fancy. I'm partial to throwing in cumin as well.
You'll also want about a 1/4 cup water and a tbsp of corn starch.

Boil the rice and turn your attention to another pot. Put in oil, onions, and saute them over medium heat until you are pleased with their submission. While the onions are sautein', throw in the garlic (sliced, diced or pressed) When the onions and garlic seem good to you (onions should be translucent and crying out for forgiveness)

Throw in about a tablespoon or so of cajun fixins. (or a tsp and a half of onion powder, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, 1 tsp paprika, a dash of cayenne, 1/2 tsp or more of cumin etc.) Stir the spices and onion for a minute or so, don't let the spices burn. After that, throw in your kidney beans. Stir that around for a bit, and mix up your water and cornstarch (beat the two like you'd beat someone who makes red headed step child jokes. Alternatively you could throw it in a container and shake it up.)

Add the water and corn starch fairly quickly to the kidney bean mixture and let it simmer until it thickens. Adjust spices according to your taste. If too spicy add a bit more water and serve with more rice, if not spicy enough... well, easily fixed with more spices.

Serve kidney bean mixture over rice.

(Sorry about the way I write my recipes but that's just how I cook. ._.) Also, I say 'cajun' because I know that this Canadian born and bred chickie has never been to Louisiana and wouldn't know real Cajun from a hole in Alberta serving spicy mush.  

Tandahda
Crew

Ligand

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm
May 19th:

For breakfast I had a glass of chamomile tea and a peanut butter and banana sandwich (okay >.< I kindof love these things) on wheat bread. I had an exam to go to so no time to really "cook" anything.

For lunch I had a 6 inch veggie from subway . <3 <3

Dinner - peanut butter sandwich on wheat.

I believe there were also several apples throughout the day .

I haven't been cooking much this month as I've had my ap/ib exams to sit down for. >D I will hopefully be back to a normal cooking schedule come June lol.

@ Seraphsody : Thanks for the recipe! I'll try it out sometime soon for sure smile (I still have half a bag of beans left xD )

@Roslin: I hope you're right =]. Thanks for the encouragement.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm
May 20th:

I didn't really do much of a breakfast this morning. I had an apple with some peanut butter and a glass of apple sauce. I"ve never really been able to stomach a lot of breakfast, not sure why.

After breakfast I played some wolf team ( i know, Im a nerd) then I biked to the library (~~20 minutes? ) . I stayed there for awhile and got some books on number theory.

I biked home (~~ 20 minutes? felt like an eternity...it was so HOT. I hate florida >.> )

Big Lunch - okay so after the bike ride I felt the need for a lot of food. I tried to fill the need with hoards of good-for-me food rather than hoards of bad-food. I ended up having a handful of baby carrots (by handful I mean, half the bag lol) , a salad (spinach, tomatoes, a dash of Parmesan, a tablespoon of ranch mixed with white vinegar to stretch it [ I'm a huge salad dressing fan...but I know having too much of it is unhealthy]) , a little teacup filled with pineapple (fresh) and some grapes. biggrin I also had a bottle of water.

Snack - PB and J (on wheat)

Dinner - Err that weird box-stuffing crap. i dont know what it's called, my mom made it. But it comes in a box and its like stove top >: stuffing-stuff. lol. Anyway, I had a small bowl of it since I figured it wasn't all that healthy. I also had two of those "Minute Maid - Enhanced Juice Drink" things at some point between lunch and now.  

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am
May 21st:

Well...let's say I stayed up last night reading so I woke up around 11 today xD.

So for Brunch I had ricotta filled ravioli w/ marinara.

Had an apple and some grapes at some point

In about an hour I'm going to leave to play Ultimate Frisbee with some friends smile so hopefully I'll get a good workout from that n.n! >.< I'm super excited because the guy I like is going to be there! teehee biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:44 pm
Hi! I'm in Florida, too. This weather makes me not want to go outside at all, ever. D:
So kudos to you for getting out! (:

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Ligand

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:03 pm
May 22nd:

I woke up really late again, what can I say, it's summer xD.

For brunch I had ramen.

For err dinner i had Olive Garden because we were having dinner for a friend's graduation. I definitely over ate >.< and I feel kinda...sick D:. It's going to be a long night I think T^T. Never again.

@Stars: What part do you live in? xD. Yesterday in my city it was 80 degrees xD and then at the end of the day there was a hail storm. It was the most bizarre thing I had ever experienced.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 pm
May 23rd:

I really need to get back on a normal sleeping schedule lol..

For breakfast I had yogurt and some wolf team 8D

For lunch I had top ramen lol..

For Dinner I had a slice of cheesecake and some ravioli with marinara.

I think my friends and I are going out to play tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that biggrin . Otherwise, life has been good.  

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm
May 24th:

Breakfast: I had a slice of cheesecake when I woke up xO! I also had some yogurt with strawberries as breakfast.

Lunchinner : Mac and cheese, green peas and a salad (cucumbers, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots w/ a balsamic vinagrette)

I also opened a checking account today! 8D Hello kitty debit card FTW!  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:20 pm
May 26th xD:

Grawrrr Senior obligation day! So i woke up kinda excited :3 since the guy i like was giving me a ride to school. For breakfast I had some apple sauce. I don't know why I like getting a ride from him so much >.< it's always really awkward because I have nothing to say at all. Ahh its soo scary T__T , oh well. biggrin I'll learn with time..I guess sad /teenage girl fail.

After SOD I went to the library and got a lot of books which was probably a really bad idea since I had to walk home. It took well over an hour to get home T^T and it was really really hot.

When I got home I drank a bottle of water in one go and then went to bed for a good 3 hours xD. I woke up and became a bit of a fatty xD. I had hot cheetos >.> with cheese on them..D: ...and an entire pineapple lol.

For dinner I wasn't really hungry. I think im dehydrated from the walking which is why I don't have much of an appetite. I've been drinking plenty of water though. I had half a pb & j for dinner and a peach. If I get hungry later I may eat again , but I doubt it, im pretty tired.

On another note , I think im going to start kickboxing biggrin  

Ligand

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:23 pm
Haa! A friend and I split a pineapple yesterday. I'm in the Orlando area and they're like so fresh right now. @____@ <33

And I totally understand the awkward crush conversations/car rides. I'm SO nervous, going to Wisconsin to see a guy I adore. Awkward car ride feeling for 4 straight days? Check! <3

It's very good you're eating so much fresh fruit though. :3 It's delicious and great for you. I haven't tried kickboxing but I've heard it's one of the best all-body workouts you can do. (:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am
May 27th

For breakfast I had..more pineapple xD, I only ate half of it this time . I kinda lounged around for a few hours afterwards.

Around noon I went out walking. I walked to the Big Lots near my house (~25-40 mins to get there...not really sure). I spent most of the walk day dreaming about my man-crush (I've got it bad, I know T^T) I bought a cute wallet and new badly needed lip balm. Afterwards I walked back home.

For Lunch I had a sandwich (2 pieces of wheat bread, kraft mayo made with olive oil, sprinkle of pepper, dash of red pepper, oregano, pinch of salt, tomato, cucumber slices, spinach, lettuce, and a sprinkle of cheese). I also had a good amount of water with it (and my iron supplement + multivitamin).

Not sure what i'll do for dinner :3

@Stars: Yay! I love Orlando xP, but it's too far away for me to go on a regular basis though. :[ I'm stuck in gator-nation (Gainesville T^T) lol. I'm pretty sure the University is the only thing this city has going for it. -_- It's dulls-ville.

And I suppose the good thing about Florida is all the cheap fruit! Where I am pineapples never go over 3 bucks year round :3 sooo I eat them all the time. Do you like mangoes? biggrin  

Ligand

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:49 pm
Aw I got ripped off then. x) Publix has them for like $5 but it was so worth it. @_@ I'm not really a fan of mangoes, I guess it's their texture that gets to me. But I'll have one in a smoothie. 3nodding
GVille isn't that bad, I'm a gators fan hah. <3 But I'm stuck being a Knight for now, oh well haha.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff