Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:12 am
First off, this is my first thread here ^^ hello all, nice to meet you heart

I've been wondering for a while now, since I may be entering a RL tourny with Nintendo's uber strict anti-hack detectors... just how detectable are hacked shinies?
When I say hacked shinies, I mean nothing else about the pokemon has been modified, just its shininess with an AR. The pokemon themselves were either caught naturally or hatched with the shiny code in effect.
I used to have some on my Diamond (though I'm keeping my HG strictly a hack-virgin wink ) and was considering transfering them over and using them since I like the colours.

Obviously since I'm building a team that needs to pass Nintendo standards, I don't want to bother wasting time training up any of my shinies if they're still detectable as hacked - which would prevent me from competing. I'm thinking of avoiding my shinies altogether anyway (the wise thing to do, I know), but I'd still like to know if anyone has knowledge on the subject smile Thanks in advance heart

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:04 am
pretty much i think they will just be looking at stats to see if they are hacked. If all the stats are higher than the max they are supposed to be, then you'll have some problems. Alot of people use the AR to get the pokemon they want, so i think it's safe to say if you got the pokemon through the AR then there's no problem with that. they just don't want to see 999 in all stats.  

Lord_Shadowvayne

5,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Braying Punk

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:20 am
I've wondered the same thing. Also wondered if they can detect if the TMs used on it are hacked (Just hacked to get the TMs, not teach thee pokemon them) And the ball used to catch them.

if they can't, I'd just keep copies of all TMs so I can teach whatever pokemon whatever attack it CAN learn that I want it to learn, sense the un-hacked game is extremely restricted on how many times you can use a TM.
As for the ball, just so I can keep masterballs on hand encase of shinies. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 am
That's a good point, none of my stats or anything are altered, so I should be ok there.

I forgot about using hacked items >.> I'm guessing they're not detectable either since all you'd see is the pokemon knowing a move it can legitimately learn anyway. Just say someone else traded you the TMs if you've used the same one a few times xd

I wish someone here with experience of passing stupidly unlikely pokemon like that in tournies could comment xd That way I'd know for sure. I don't want to have to go on the day and say "this is the team I wanna use, but can you just check this one isn't hacked?" sweatdrop Talk about risky and embarassing.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 am
What do they do if your games hacked anyway? Disqualify you from the tournament, and what else?  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 pm
Jerzeeboii
What do they do if your games hacked anyway? Disqualify you from the tournament, and what else?
I think they keep your details and don't allow you to participate in future tournaments. >.>;;  

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm
Ah ok, so sounds like that game catridge is basically banned from play then.
And your trainer ID I assume if that ID is located anywhere on any other cartridge they'd ban it aswell?
(Like if they had traded I mean)  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 pm
I don't know whether they go to those lengths. Tbh, I don't know much more about it myself razz That's why I'm asking in the first place.  

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:26 pm
Guess I'll be sticking around aswell to find out myself. xd
We should go searching for people they've banned for hacking. cool  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm
I would think that they would know it all, being the maker of the game. I would never want to take the chance of being black listed. Then again I don't deal in hacked anything so I'm no help. Sorry. Good luck though. I would be interested in finding out if they allow it.  

Lord Thuddleton

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:26 pm
There is a legality checker that you can run on your computer with the pokemon's code. When I hack pokemon, I run the code through it first to make it so that it seems as though they were completely real, and the only way to check their legality otherwise is to check stats, version, where it was caught, the date, OT, Nicknamed, Egg hatch timer, ribbons, PID, Happiness level, Secret ID, And OT gender.

As for items, completely untraceable, that is unless that item is a key item that is held by a Pokemon, which obliviously shouldn't happen.

As for a pokeball, no it can't be detected. No matter what you can catch anything, with any Pokeball.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:34 pm
I think they can check the ID number... they have recorded the ID numbers that most hacked pokemon have (I know that one is 12349) So... yeah...  

DarkShadowWaffle

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:52 pm
DarkShadowWaffle
I think they can check the ID number... they have recorded the ID numbers that most hacked pokemon have (I know that one is 12349) So... yeah...

That can actually be a legit ID number though, thats why Nintendo added "Secret ID's" to all trainers, but hackers have by-passed that with a add-on to the Action Replay when it injects code into the game you can read your Secret ID in different parts of your save file, depending on which injector you use.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:59 pm
Well as I said, the only thing about these pokemon is that they are shiny.
Just like my shiny Arceus - it still activated the HG/SS event when I transferred it.

So in theory, their IDs and all other properties, will not be any different, right?

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Positively Cynical
Captain

Ruthless Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:07 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Well as I said, the only thing about these pokemon is that they are shiny. I put the shiny code on and caught pokemon that would naturally appear anyway (or hatch) - ie. that Cresselia I mentioned is the legitimate one-off Cresselia within my Diamond game.
Just like my shiny Arceus - only difference is it was encountered at the Hall of Origin with the shiny code on - it still activated the HG/SS event when I transferred it.

So in theory, their IDs and all other properties, will not be any different, right?

In my experience playing Pokemon, I have never encountered an actual Shiny Legendary Pokemon without the assistance of hacks, so I'm not to sure it is possible considering they are scripted events, but Nintendo did give them shiny forms, and have only used them (them being a shiny legendary) once in a Wi-Fi event to my knowledge.  
TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff