Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
My Pear Shape will be the end of me. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shape?
  Pear
  Apple
  Upside-down triangle
  Rectangle
  I'm bad at shapes, other?
View Results

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 am
So I'm a pear-shaped person. I hate it. I'm not like HUGE in my thighs, but I feel like even when I weigh 120lbs, it looks like I'm 135. I have to over-compensate by being really toned and losing a lot of fat.

I feel like I'm really not capable of having a "Jillian Michaels" body (insert a name of any other really toned person, actually) even though I work out and eat mostly right. I always have HUGE hips (can't change bone structure) and that kind of distorts what I should theoretically look like at my height and weight.

I'm wondering what shape you have, and how it affects you.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am
I am also a pear. I've had birthing hips since I hit puberty. When I went away to school and gained weight, a lot of it settled right around there. I try to wear things that flaunt the curves of my hips. I've got an a** that was made for jeans. I like jeans that flaunt my curvy hips. So they're bigger than my bust? Oh well. I still have a smaller waist than both so I really like wearing tank tops that are long enough to cover over my hips. Empire waist sorts of clothing work nicely.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 am
what's the name for the shape where you have a huge enormous fat stomach, no boobs and everything else looks kinda normal? Because that's what I have.... It's the worst. I guess it's kinda pear but I don't have any hips. It's just my stomach bulging in an unsightly manner. :/ That's the one part I can't lose weight in!  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 am
I think apple is when you carry weight around your middle, pear is when it's lower-half like hips/thighs.

I think I just need to make better clothing choices. 3nodding  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 am
What... Hourglass doesn't get a vote? I'm a tubby hourglass... but that is still my shape... ._.

I hate nothing more than empire waistlines because they fluff out and cover the best part of me (the part that goes inward in the center) and leaves my huge arms, bust and hips to get all the attention. I think they were a conspiracy of people thin enough to look good in everything to make popular a style that only looks good on people who are thin already...

But I hear tell from others who have a different body shape that they look great in it... so I'll leave off my conspiracy theory... for now.

Its a blessing, the only one I got from my mother amidst a host of faults, that I gain weight evenly and equally. I also lose it evenly and equally. Some faults are incredibly short fingers, (they get pudgy too when I'm overweight.) Bad ankles, short toes (bad balance) and one of my organs is leaning the wrong way.

This, the princess line really looks the best on me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 am
Whoops, sorry xD
I forgot hourglass, my bad. >__<

The princess cut is very cute, though!  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

.WayneZinok.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:14 pm
I'm more hourglass than anything else, though my waist isn't as small as I'd like it to be, and I'd love for wider hips. I really like my body type, if not my body specifically. Once I lose the weight I want to, I am sure I'll be thrilled with the way I look. It's such a feminine shape.
Honestly though, I ADORE pear shaped women when they haven't totally let themselves go. It's my second favourite.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:24 pm
I'm also pear-shaped, and it gets really annoying when I lose 10 pounds and a half inch off my hips. My size 12s will fit with another 35 pound loss, provided where the weight is carried hasn't shifted during college.
Although right now, the shape is more "potato" than anything, though the pear has made a slight comeback since weight loss started.  

Euthanasia Phase

Ligand

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:22 am
I'm an upside down triangle aka a strawberry. I'd kill to be a pear, hourglass, or rectangle. sad My shape always makes me feel less womanly since I don't really have much curviness.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 am
A lot of people tell me I have an hour-glass shape, but technically my hips are a bit larger than my bust so I'm really a pear shape. I enjoy my shape but sometimes I feel like I'm never going to fit into those size 12 jeans I so crave to fit into.

I think all the shapes can be attractive if you know how to dress in a way that benefits your shape.

Roslin

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:46 am
Sadly most styles in stores are pretty much made for rectangle frames...  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm
I thought I was an hourglass for a long time because I'm on the busty side and the boobs kind of balanced out the hips and butt. Now that I've been losing weight and learning more about how my body stores and loses fat, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a pear who just happens to have boobs.

I carry the bulk of my weight in my thighs which I really hate. I think that's going to be the absolute last place I lose anything. I actually seem to be losing my hips before my thighs. I could have lived with the hips how they were though. crying  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

freelance lover

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:22 pm
I'm slightly pear as well. I've really come to loath my thighs recently. I have very little belly fat, but my thighs just make me sad.

I guess I'm also a pear with boobs as well. I lost of ton of weight in the eighth grade, which almost all came from my stomach. Now I've been on a plateau for years, all stuck on my thighs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 pm
But according to who?
I'm an obese pear.
But I love my shape.

I'm 5'4 and 215 pounds.
By all conventional means, I am disgusting.  

CondomAtTheCrimeScene

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 am
i'm a pear as well. a pear with a BIG GHETTO BOOTY. O.o seriously, if it weren't for my butt i could seriously wear a size and a half smaller in jeans. no lie.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games