Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply 8th Annual Ball
Pixilated Envy has been Hacked. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Team Envy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:36 am
I regret to inform you all that my main account, Pixilated Envy, has been hacked. This is very critical that the ball is aware of this as the account, although under another name "-_Snip3d_" is listed as a vice captain of the guild. Where as I truly doubt that this person has any interest in my guilds, as a precaution I hope you remove him/her from an authority position as soon as possible. In the event that I get my account restored back to me, (I can only hope), it might be best not to "ban" the account. That way I won't have to wait another 2 weeks or whatever it is to rejoin. If the person does anything malicious on the guild forum than by all means take actions by either reporting said account or removing the account completely from the guild.

As many of you were likely aware of, Envy had amassed quite a number of valuables on Gaia. It is my hope that whomever hacked me only had their interests in gold/pixels.

It is unfortunate that with everything thats going on in the real world that I have to log onto this. However, the irony of it all is had it not been for stupidpsycho and the ball I may have not even found out about this until much later. As it was all of you whom I was coming to check on. If the chaos of my real world does not get under control soon it is very likely that I won't be able to assist w/the ball. Although, with my account now gone, and the items along with it (i.e. the items for my Athena), I likely will be of even less of a use to this project.

Panda & I did not get very far in our room development. And with us both out of commission, so to speak, this places the ball in a most unfortunate situation. I will do everything I can to make right this set back on the ball. Be it working in the background and assisting a new host or down scaling a lot of things that were to happen during the ball. I don't think this latest current event is fair to all of you, but under the circumstances there isnt much I can truly do aside from apologize.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 am

I hope you get your account back! *^*

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Team Envy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:01 am
I do as well. At the same time I have to also be concerned that whomever hacked my Gaia account hadn't obtained other, more vital, information. This is all so sudden and unexpected. I'm very hopeful that Gaia will work with me on getting this matter resolved-- although unfortunately I haven't heard anything back from the hacking report that was filed as of yet.

No automated email response or anything of that nature has been sent to me. I don't know what their typical process is. I'll try to find that out as soon as I can.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 pm
I had seen the account name change, but I thought nothing of it. I hope everything works well, and I'm sure we can give you a hand if you need help with the ball.  

Lectern
Crew

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Aw, that's terrible Envy! I'll demote that account ASAP.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 pm
Still no official word from Gaia. Not even an automated message stating that they received the report. I really wish there was some sort of guide that helped users while going through something like this. Very much clueless. They explain how to fill out a report, but really there seems to be no information past that. Ah well. Guess I have to hurry up and wait.  

Team Envy

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 am
I saw that your name had changed, so I sent you a PM on there. I thought it was kind of odd it did, but I just thought maybe with everything going on you wanted a change.

How long ago did you file the hacking report? I can try to contact a few people for you if need be.

Panda has told me that he will not be able to co-host for your room anymore, unless soemthing has changed?

We will get to the bottom of all of this.

I missed you! heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm
Filed a report Sunday night. That's when I found out about it. By then the damage had already been done. Still not sure what I'm dealing with. All my scans are coming up clean, but that doesn't always mean anything. I don't even know if I want the account back yet, in case there is still some vulnerability left open. But, it would be nice if they at least responded in some way-- be it a generic message or something in the help section about what we're suppose to do during the wait process.

Via something I read, they say viruses only amount to 3% of internet security threats. Which means that leaves 97% other ways to get "reemed in the butt." lol ;(

*hugs blissy*  

Team Envy

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:23 pm
Maybe you got piggy-backed. That is starting to become a real problem for me. I'm glad you're back though!  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 pm
Team Envy

Via something I read, they say viruses only amount to 3% of internet security threats. Which means that leaves 97% other ways to get "reemed in the butt." lol ;(

*hugs blissy*

Install/Run a program called Spybot. It helps a lot to clean up more threats so there's only a 25-50% chance of butt reeming.  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Team Envy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy

*hugs blissy*

Install/Run a program called Spybot. It helps a lot to clean up more threats so there's only a 25-50% chance of butt reeming.
Thanks for the tip. Its a good one. I saved it for last resort because the last time I used it it was brutal. It already found a couple trojans and a bucket full of cookies.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 pm
Team Envy
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy

*hugs blissy*

Thanks for the tip. Its a good one. I saved it for last resort because the last time I used it it was brutal. It already found a couple trojans and a bucket full of cookies.

Chocolate chip or white chunk macadamia nut?  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Team Envy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 pm
Mousse Chocolat
Maybe you got piggy-backed. That is starting to become a real problem for me. I'm glad you're back though!
That is also another thing I am looking into. Unfortunately the more things I read on all the shady things people can do-- the more I'm considering tossing the comp out the window... or using it for a very large paper weight.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 pm
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy

*hugs blissy*

Oh don't you derail me into thinking of yummy treats. ~.^ Those are my favorite after all.  

Team Envy

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:10 am
Team Envy
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy
SorceressJacklyn
Team Envy

*hugs blissy*

Oh don't you derail me into thinking of yummy treats. ~.^ Those are my favorite after all.

*hands cookies.*  
8th Annual Ball

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces