Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
The Dream Ball 2010 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 pm
OOC Post:

Hello, this is the introductory Post for the Dream Ball. Your character for the ball should be the essence of your Gaia personality- in other words you but maybe as you tend to present yourself in the guild. Your name for the rp should be your screenname or your real first name.

Since some members are newer to RP, or Role Playing, here are a few basics:

OOC- Out of Character, this denotes actions, words, and other tidbits that are not part of the storyline or action in character. This signifies that you are being... well the real you.

IC- In Character, this denotes actions, words, and other tidbits that ARE part of the storyline or action in character. In other words you may be describing a portion of setting, inner thoughts, or actions.

NPC- Non-Player Character. Fictitious characters that serve as background and plot devices. We will have a couple running around. You can make valets, butlers, caterers, dates, etc. Multiple people may control one NPC- though if it looks like a particular member has an agenda for an NPC- it's best to ask another member in pm before using their NPC.

Do:

-Post what you will be doing at the ball, make up stuff, reality is not an issue- are you fighting ninjas? Raiding the food? Dancing like Fred Astaire?

-Enjoy smile

-Dress up your avatar if you feel inclined. It helps set the mood.

Do Not:

-Murder is not an option, you cannot kill, violate, steal from, or cause any harm to another guild member in the confines of the RP. Practical jokes are a gray area.

-Write out the actions of another guild member. This is a golden rule of Text rp. If you're interacting with someone, and say, offer them a drink in the game, even something as harmless as saying the other person drinks the drink can step on some toes. It's sort of like telling someone what to do- even subtly. Also, a good role play is like a game of tennis, each person sends the ball to the next player so that the next player may return the ball. Back and Forth.

Odds and Ends:

-The Dream Ball will go on for about two weeks. I felt this was the best way for several people to get a chance to have fun. Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:22 pm
User Image

Dream Ball 2010

User Image

The sun had lingered in the sky with a hesitant goodbye, painting the horizon in crimson and violet. At last the stars had been given their due, illuminating the night, partially dimmed by a crescent moon. The hall to the gala was no less than splendid. On the outside there were large marble columns and stairs lined with a silver-colored carpet. Blue rose petals were scattered about to greet the distinguished guests. The spring blossoms were overwhelming the boughs of the trees, causing petals to rain from their branches.

On the inside candles floated in globes hanging from the ceiling, an attempt to mimic the stars in the sky. There was an entrance flanked by two curving staircases. In the center of the first floor there was a large round table with an hourglass filled with silver sand set on top, a tribute to the Sandman of legends- the bringer of sleep and dreams. The party favor bags were set out on the table around the hourglass, each bag of sheer blue fabric containing small tokens- each bag different and addressed to a different member of the guild.

Up the staircase one was led into the massive ballroom, greeted by regal-looking butlers in dark blue vests with gold specs on them. Down the curved staircases the floor was awaiting dancers. At the sides of the ballroom there were round tables, chairs, and against the walls there were long tables covered in elegant food and beverages. At the back of the ball room there was a band that had begun to play. The music floated on the air like the sounds of angels.

Welcome to the Dream Ball.  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:51 pm
Antonia paced back and forth. As the guild captain she was always running around frantically it seemed. Hank had been MIA for some time, and as such Antonia was left to hold the reigns of the guild alone. Fox had proven most helpful, but soon it was time to appoint another moderator to assist them both.

Antonia walked past the tables of food, there were ice sculptures, salads, fruit, pyramids made out of sliders, carved turkey and ham, bowls filled with warm Miso soup, sushi, and the finest bread fiction could buy. She made sure allergy warnings were posted for RD, that diabetic-friendly dishes were abundant for Bakura and Harmony, and that there were plenty of vegan/vegetarian friendly delights.

She still hadn't resolved what to wear for the ball, and continually changed every so many minutes. Eagerly she awaited the arrival of the first guests.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Fox enters the hall, the wind trying desperately to make him look cooler than he felt. Straightening his jacket his stepped down the steps into the hall, clipping his staff on the ground.

"Good evening." He called into the all but empty hall, lowering his mask for only a moment.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:25 pm
Bakura Amane, also known simply as Bakura or Christy (OOC: despite my avatar's given name as "Amane"), had been very intrigued by the archetecture (spelling?) and the magnificent sunset and was busily taking pictures outside the banquet hall for most of the evening. I REALLY should head inside and get a bite to eat before my blood sugar plumets, she thought. Being the official and resident diabetic (type two), Christy had to be careful of her blood sugar and so far has been doing a great job of it! (OOC: I am really a big shutter bug and geek of archetecture in real life, too; in case anyone's curious.)

So with that in mind, Christy headed inside to see who else may have arrived while she was busy taking photos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 am
Slowly walks up the stairs glancing around the area taking in the surroundings of the grand hall. How long had it been since he attempted any kind of story writing or role playing? Also adding the fact of playing the role of a male with a female alter-ego was going to make tonights role play interesting indeed.

He quickly dismisses these thoughts for the moment upon reaching the first of the door men. Giving a quick friendly greeting, he hands the man his coat before moving further into the grand hall. He places a warm apologic smile upon seeing his fellow guild members.

"Many apologies for my slow enterance this evening. I do hope everyone's in good spirits this fine eve?"I speak in a friendly greeting.  

chiwarriorcelesti

fukii

Spicy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 pm
Fukii wandered into the hall, attracted by the lights and smell of food. She gazed around, taking in the details and looking more than a little confused, when realization finally dawns on her face.

"I forgot about the ball!" she groaned, attacking her forehead with the palm of her hand. She looked down at herself, her lips curled in thoughtful disgust. "Eh, I'll change later," and begins down the stairs with food on her mind when another thought occurred to her.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot," she said, stopping midway. "Hey, everyone, just so you know, this gun isn't real!" She waved it around in the air so that anyone who cared to see could see it. "Yeah, I just thought it looked cool."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm
Christy, a.k.a Bakura, looked up from the pinwheel rolls that looked so scrumptious she just had to try one. She smiled at Fukii and her gun twirling. Christy was quite relieved it wasn't real.

"I'll be back a little later," she announced. "I'm quite tired of 'dressing up' and going to slip into something a little more comfortable." With that, Christy popped the pinwheel roll into her mouth and headed out for a bit. She was not one to dress up, being a tomboy and all and rarely did she wear make up either; it was just -- well, rather uncomfortable and constraining to say the least. "Don't worry, I'll bring the camera back," Christy called as she closed the door behind her.

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Walks to the food, then stops for a minute.

"Honestly, what is it about formal events that makes everyone a bit edgy? Doesn't matter how well you know the guests, nor how much fun was intended, formality drives people mad. . ."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:50 pm
-Walks over to Fox, stacking high a plate. She shrugs-

"Don't ask me..."

Her face dropped as she saw the security guards lingering up towards Fukii. Wildly she gestured that the gun was fake. One of the guards mistook the intent of the signal and went to tackle one of the potted plants. Antonia grimaced.

Her frown lightened when she saw that the guests were finally trickling in one by one. She gestured to the band to play a song. There was a brief flutter of enchanting music- until it dawned on Antonia that the song was really a pompous version of "The Wheels on the Bus".

Bakura and Fukii both opted for easier dress codes, she couldn't blame them. She waved to her old friend Chi.  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

fukii

Spicy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:52 am
"Do I look edgy to you?" Fukii asked Fox, thoughtful. "Maybe it's the gun... I guess I'll put it away somewheres." She looked around and noticed that a guard was grappling with a potted plant. "You don't have to eat that if you're hungry, you know... plenty of food here."

Fukii tucked the gun under her arm, grabbed a plate and started helping herself to some food she didn't recognize but looked good all the same. She glanced up and smiled at Antonia.

"Love the music," she said, winking.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 am
Upon entering the hall, Headhunter glanced around before removing the ruby quartz sunglasses from his face. He tucked them into an inside pocket of his coat and moved on, his neatly polished shoes tapping soundly against the floor.  

Headhunter

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 am
So much more comfortable, Bakura (a.k.a., Christy) made her way back in and smiling. "Much better," she said rather pleased with herself. Her camera was now wrapped in a sling like motion across her chest, keeping her hands free to do whatever she pleased.

"Now let's have some...fun?!" Her voice trailed off at the end noticing the rather pompous version of The Wheels on the Bus "Oookay, that's just weird."

She picked up a plate and started again around the table; this time she was looking for some fruit and veggies. Chocolate covered fruit would be nice, but the chocolate should be dark chocolate to be good for you. The veggies would be nice with or without dip. She really was wanting something semi-sweet tonight as she had started craving sweets again.

"Those Italian Pinwheel Rolls were simply delish, Antonia!" Bakura gushed as she put some kiwi on her plate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:34 pm
"I'm glad you like the music Fukii, unfortunately the Preschool Players have an... interesting... taste in music." As soon as she had said this a new song started playing, it was some jazz rendition of "This Old Man"- c'est la vie, as the French would say.

The security guard who had tackled the plant was now brushing off the dirt from his shirt, glancing about in hopes no one paid him heed.

Antonia turned and smiled to Bakura, "I'm glad you like the food. I tried to have a little something for everyone."

A messenger jogged up to Antonia and whispered in her ear. Antonia nodded and replied, "Yes, it's time to get the big surprise ready, hand out the messages. After that it will be time for the Auction and the contests."

Meanwhile...

In a dark room sat a man in a large arm chair. The only light to fill the room was a match being lit for a pipe. Smoke filled the air, accompanying a deep bass of thoroughly malevolent laughter.

The laughter was interrupted by the entrance of a messenger.

"Sir, shall I deliver the notes?"

"Yes, it is time. Let the games begin."

You've read it Guild- Two sets of Notes! Will you be a Recipient? Who is the man in the darkened room? What are the notes about? Find out Next time on: AS THE GUILD TURNS.  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Galileo_Jones
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:54 pm
A small urchin, seemingly plucked out a Charles Dickens novel hands the leader of the band a note then scampers off. The leader reads it then motions the band to play.

Trumpets shout out to the room, the drum rolls, the music resonates all over, as though announcing the arrival of royalty.

Galileo Jones stands atop the stairs leading into the ball room. He is a dapper gentleman with a silver cane and a serious look upon his face.

A man in a powdered wig announces, "Sir Galileo Jones of Barton, the esteemed and newly titled Guild Mule."

Galileo walked down the stairs puffing out his chest. Pinned to his coat jacket were medals from fictitious wars. His chiseled features sported a most fashionable scar. If you asked Galileo for the origin of the scar he would have told you it was in the great American-Australian war of 1995, in reality it was the result of a bad run in with a drive through window.

Galileo approached the first woman he saw, extending a hand to ChiWarriorCelesti he lifted his eyebrows. "Care to honor me with a dance m'dear?"  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff