Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Multimedia
Day of Silence 4.16.2010 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm
I should have posted this sooner, but I was buried in homework. Tomorrow is the Day of Silence, it's a day where you don't speak(hence the name). This is to support gay rights and such. I just thought I would spread the word to those who may not know about this. Sorry, this was last minute. But it's for a good cause and it lets your voice be heard through silence. I'm doing this, and so are some of my classmates.
Well, I think I got my point across. Whether or not you participate is up to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:00 pm
Thank you for posting this! I was worried no one even knew what the hell it was. I really hope a lot of people participate. I, and the rest of the gay community, thank you. ^_^

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

dang coconuts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 pm
i not lezbo but i dont have a problem with anyone gay and i dont like how some people treat them....
so i wont talk at all !!
..thats goonnna be really hard though -,-  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:50 pm
i completly disagree. gays should have no rights. It is in the Bible that homosexuals will perish if they do not repent. (If they do not confess that what they do is a sin.) i will look up what verse it is tonight, i can't remember off the top of my head, but there are multiple verses; i think 3 or 4 that state this.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

OoPeroxidePrincessoO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:25 pm
If God is supposed to love us no matter what and forgive us for our sins, what would it matter if a person was gay? God would still love them no matter what.

And yes, I did take the vow of silence :3 Even though I am straight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
i completly disagree. gays should have no rights. It is in the Bible that homosexuals will perish if they do not repent. (If they do not confess that what they do is a sin.) i will look up what verse it is tonight, i can't remember off the top of my head, but there are multiple verses; i think 3 or 4 that state this.

I think you're a ******** in the head little bible ******** who needs to go die in a ditch. s**t like what you just said is why I became Atheist! ******** YOU and ******** YOUR ******** DUMBASS LAME, BULL s**t RELIGION AND FAKE GOD!  

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

Bells Belau

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:15 pm
Harley91594
I should have posted this sooner, but I was buried in homework. Tomorrow is the Day of Silence, it's a day where you don't speak(hence the name). This is to support gay rights and such. I just thought I would spread the word to those who may not know about this. Sorry, this was last minute. But it's for a good cause and it lets your voice be heard through silence. I'm doing this, and so are some of my classmates.
Well, I think I got my point across. Whether or not you participate is up to you.

I must ask... Does that mean no talking on gaia? :/  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:29 pm
Xx Love Puppet xX
I must ask... Does that mean no talking on gaia? :/

I think typing is okay, just no actual speaking. I did it at school, but I was sad to see that not many people followed my lead.  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Bells Belau

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:12 pm
I think typing is okay, just no actual speaking. I did it at school, but I was sad to see that not many people followed my lead.

It's nice that you did that though.
I'm gay so that makes me happy, that you wouldn't speck at
school.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:13 pm
Fellow members,

Just another post...

Try and be polite. We all have different beliefs, but don't be rude.

And here is my opinion on gay rights, just so that you know why I participated. (I'm not just some poser who wanted to follow the crowd. There was no crowd to follow, hardly anyone in my school even participated. I was so disappointed)

Anyway...We are all people. We all feel love. We have no control over who we fall in love with. So you can't judge people that like others of the same gender, or those that are bisexual. Falling in love is a human right. So, gay rights are human rights.

Here's the religious side: Yeah, I'm Catholic. But I'm not here to judge. I'm not running around telling everyone that they have to hate gay people because of my religion. I don't go up to gays and say "You are a sinner. You shall perish and go to hell." That is just downright rude. We have to accept people for who they are. We don't judge people with other customs or religions, so why should we judge the gay community?

All in all, I'm not promoting homosexuality, but I am definitely not against it either. There you go. My long reason for Day of Silence.

-Harley =)

P.S.-I'm straight (That's not important, but I don't want to send any mixed signals. Misunderstandings suck!)  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

dang coconuts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 pm
im so proud if myself!!!
i didnt talk!!!
..erm...
but does grunting and whimpers of pain count? (chased a dog...hope that explains everything)
cause then i failed O.e  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 pm
Ah, I've done this every year for 3 years and I didn't today. >.< Not in school anymore so I loose track of the date.  

Nymphetamine-x

7,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
CrimsonsDecayingRose

I think you're a ******** in the head little bible ******** who needs to go die in a ditch. s**t like what you just said is why I became Atheist! ******** YOU and ******** YOUR ******** DUMBASS LAME, BULL s**t RELIGION AND FAKE GOD!

hey. that was uncalled for. although what she posted wasn't that nice, there is no reason to attack what other people believe. i was really offended because i am a supporter of lgbtq rights, as well as a Christian.

If you are a Christian, you go by what Jesus taught. Jesus did not teach anything about homosexuality, and it must have not been a big deal to him because he knew how long he would have to teach. and he said all the laws of Leviticus, which is where a lot of the anti-gay scripture quoting comes from, doesn't mean anything now. a lot of the other verses are very unclear, and seem more likely to be talking about rape or male prostitution rather than loving someone of the same gender.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm
XX_Fallen_and_lost_XX
im so proud if myself!!!
i didnt talk!!!
..erm...
but does grunting and whimpers of pain count? (chased a dog...hope that explains everything)
cause then i failed O.e

I'm not really sure. If they do count, then I also failed because I said "AUGH!!!!!!!!!!" plenty of times. I'm a klutz, so I fall and bump into things a lot. I tend to make lots of funny noises when I injure myself. sweatdrop It's quite funny. But it's the thought that counts. So yay for you, you were silent all day! (at least in my book.) =)  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

dang coconuts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Harley91594
XX_Fallen_and_lost_XX
im so proud if myself!!!
i didnt talk!!!
..erm...
cause then i failed O.e

I'm not really sure. If they do count, then I also failed because I said "AUGH!!!!!!!!!!" plenty of times. I'm a klutz, so I fall and bump into things a lot. I tend to make lots of funny noises when I injure myself. sweatdrop It's quite funny. But it's the thought that counts. So yay for you, you were silent all day! (at least in my book.) =)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!! 4laugh  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces