Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Ghostly Love (onexone RP) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am
On such a sunny, pleasant day, the large group in black, long clothing looked out of place. The funerary procession had started in the early gray of morning and ended in the bright sunlight of mid day. The casket was brought above the grave and, after a few words, was lowered into the final resting place of Alaric Naife, who, sadly, was to be wed in just under a week.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 pm
User Image

Fallon Dumel was dressed in a solemn looking black dress, her usually long, flowing hair was tied back into a messy bun. Her hair was curled into neat little ringlets. Afar she was plainly pretty with eyes that pierced those she looked at though today she dabbed at the corners of her eyes with a handkerchief. Where she got it...well, she couldn't really recall. All she knew was that it was nearly impossible to stop crying over him. Her lost lover. Alaric Naife. It was hard to believe that he was really gone, out of her life for good. They were just about to get married after all, their wedding plans were nearly finished and suddenly, he was gone. Remembering the tender moments they shared, the laughter, and sadness made Fallon's eyes brim with more tears. While family and friends spoke fondly of Alaric, Fallon found it hard to give her speech at all. She had hardly spoken since she had gotten to the funeral on the count of that her voice was thick with despair. Someone put their hand on Fallon's shoulder and she jerked having been lost in her thoughts. She looked up and was helped out of her seat and to the head of Alaric's new resting spot. Fallon bit her lower lip, knowing that she had to speak soon. Finally after a few moments, Fallon began to say her final words to her beloved.

"I loved Alaric with all of my heart....as many of you know, we were soon to be married and live a happy life together. Now...we will never have the chance. Alaric was a gentle man who loved dearly and I'm going to sorely miss him..." Fallon's voice cracked and she lost her composure she had fought so hard to attain. Fresh sobs overtook her. Her shoulders shook and she wrapped her arms around herself as if to keep her spirit together. Fallon covered her face with her hands and cried openly, unable to bear the pain of losing her soon-to-be husband any longer.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:56 pm
Alaric sat on his headstone, his general composer bland, his human memories slipping away one by one, he saw Fallon get up and walk to the side of his grave, a flash of memory went through his mind then was gone. He stood where the ground would be if the grave had been filled, and walked beside her. He looked at her face closely, then his memories cam flooding back. He had promised to be with her always, to love her forever, and now he had failed her in death. He would have cried if he could. He took a step back as she broke down, then without thinking, he wrapped his arms around her, holding them where they had been countless times before, and he whispered in her ear, "I'm so sorry my Fallon. I'm so sorry..." He kissed her cheek, though no contact was made.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:10 pm
User Image

Fallon bit her lip again to keep herself from sobbing any further. It was already a sad and somber mood without her adding to it. Crying her eyes out wouldn't solve anything, though it sure did help her feel a little better knowing that Alaric probably had gone somewhere much better than where he had been. Still, Fallon wished she could have gone with him somehow. Being without Alaric was like living with half of herself still alive. She felt empty and everything was rather...dull to her. Fallon sniffed and dabbed at her eyes again with the handkerchief, then looked out to the gathered family members and friends.

"I apologize for my sudden outburst of emotion. Alaric will be missed dearly. If he was still here, I'd tell him that I love him and always will. I shall never love another man as much as I loved him." Fallon vowed. Though moments earlier she had been crying, emotions on overdrive, now she spoke with determination. She truly meant that she would never fall in love again.

A shiver worked its way down her spine and back up again and Fallon looked to either side of her quickly to see if anything had caused it. There wasn't a wind that had just passed by so that couldn't have been the answer. The chill was still there though, it was on her person and she could feel the goosebumps breaking across the surface of her skin. Fallon wrapped her arms around herself once more, though now it was to just keep warm.

"I love you Alaric...." Fallon whispered very quietly to herself.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Alaric was stunned by her determination, by her love and loyalty to him. "I promise Fallon, I will never leave you. I will find a way to be with you again. I want to make you happy again..." He brushed a hand through her cheek and tried to kiss her. "I will always love you Fallon." He took a step back realizing that he was the one making her chilled. "I promise..." He walked to the pile of grave dirt that was beside his grave and pushed his hand into it, his hope being that he could manipulate his grave dirt. He left a very shallow impression in the soil. He sighed and sat back on the gravestone. "This is going to be hard..."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm
User Image

Fallon felt something touch her...or at least, she imagined something touching her? It spooked her just a little bit, knowing that she was in fact, standing in a cemetery. She had heard of stories of spirits wandering their graves, searching for loved ones or those unable to move on to their after life because something was keeping them grounded on Earth. Fallon wondered if that was Alaric's case...was he stuck on Earth for some reason? She quickly disregarded the thought, Alaric was a good man and had nothing to keep him from moving on. She sighed, what if he was actually there? What if he heard everything that was said about him? That brought a smile to Fallon's lips, at least he'd know that everyone loved him and would miss him terribly.

It was then time to bury the casket. Fallon took a deep breath and lifted her left hand to eye level. There, her engagement ring glittered brightly on her finger. There was a choking sensation, she knew she would cry again and Fallon steadied her nerves by taking in several deep breaths. She slid the ring off of her finger and put it in a small silk pouch that she had kept specially aside for keepsakes that meant everything to her. Fallon sealed the ring into the pouch and with that, she tossed it into the grave where it would always be with the body of her lost lover. Everyone lined up and had roses in their hands, they said some parting words and tossed the delicate flowers into the grave as a blessing.

Fallon stood beside the hole that was starting to be filled up with dirt and closed her eyes to keep herself from crying. Just watching the grave site being filled seemed like such a final act...Alaric truly was gone and would never come back for her. She expected him to pop out of his grave with a big, goofy smile and say it was all just a joke...but he never came back. Tears slid down Fallon's cheek though she was silent.

I wish you were here....how am I supposed to live without you? Fallon thought.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:42 pm
Alaric began to shake and fell to his knees when she took their ring off of her finger, the intricate woven white gold ring with her birthstone held in it's weave. He choked back a sob as he watched it fall from her hand. He had spent weeks weaving the gold thread into just the right shape, started over countless times because it was the wrong size. He sat there hovering over his grave as it was filled, his family and closest friends each tossing in a small handful of dirt as a final goodbye. He stood and walked to her side, he twined his fingers into her hand and brushed his thumb over the pale skin that once held their ring. "I'm so sorry..."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm
User Image

Fallon turned away as the grave diggers started to pat down the dirt neatly. The metallic thumping sounded like the death chimes of her old life...as well as the start to her new one without her beloved. A chill crept up her arm and down her spine, with a sense of curiosity, Fallon looked down and saw nothing there. She definitely felt something off kilter though...and it unnerved her. Fallon left her hand where it rested and blew a final kiss to the grave of her once lover.

"I'm so sorry....I couldn't do anything to keep you here with me." Fallon whispered and sighed deeply. People were already starting to leave and as they passed her, they patted her shoulder and told her everything was going to be okay. They gave her reassuring hugs and waved goodbye to her, making sure she was alright.

She didn't feel alright...but Fallon said she would be anyway so that no one would worry about her. In reality, she felt like hell and wanted to just get away from everything. If she could, she would have wished away her emotions so she wouldn't have to cry anymore. Fallon's hair fell forward to shield her face and she was thankful for that...to any passers-by, in their mind she must have looked awful. Without a mirror, Fallon could tell that her eyes were probably red-rimmed and puffy with tears. With a shake of her head, bringing her back to reality, Fallon walked to her lover's gravestone and knelt before it. her hands gently rubbed over and polished stone and a sad smile took hold of her lips.

"Alaric my love...." Fallon would have said more but she felt another wave of tears coming on and just paused. The girl leaned forward and gently pressed her lips to the headstone and stood back up, brushing off her knees. It was time to head home.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 pm
I jolt went up Alaric's back every time someone stepped on his grave, the workers were the ones that did it most. He stood at Fallon's side while everyone came to comfort her, he was careful not to touch any of them, he tried to move her hair away from her face and brush a tear away, but neither moved. When Fallon stood on his grave to wish him her final goodbye, no jolt went up his spine. He did get a heavy feeling in what was once his stomach. A sorrow of lost opportunity. When she stood and turned, he walked beside her, his hand in hers as he tried to get her to feel his love for her again. He was desperate to see her laugh and smile again, to see the spark in her eye when she was truly enjoying herself, he knew it was selfish to want to see her happy during his burial, but his heart ached from being the reason she was sad.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm
User Image

As Fallon walked, making her way home, she felt the same chill go up her arm and down her spine again. She stopped walking all of a sudden and looked around her, seeing nothing there made her suddenly nervous and she cradled her chilled hand against her chest. Fear embedded itself in her chest and she started to walk home again, quickly this time and making sure to keep her head down so no one could make eye contact with her. Whatever it was that was spooking her was probably a figment of her imagination. Maybe the sadness that came with her lover's death was just coming as too much of a shock to her system and she was just not handling it the way she wanted to. Cool, calm, and collected.

"Just keep walking...." Fallon whispered to herself and soon enough, she had made it home.

When she walked in, a certain sadness took hold of her as she remembered the nights where Alaric would come over and sleep with her. They would spend so much time together...holding onto one another. Their hands were twined together most of the time...the pair rarely parted. Fallon walked into the bedroom and sat down on the foot of the bed, a picture frame in her hand. It was a picture of Alaric and herself hugging. It was the most cherished picture she had of them together. They looked extremely happy, Alaric wore and huge smile and hers matched his own. Fallon smiled, remembering that day vividly. There was also a photo booth strip of pictures of the pair together. The first square was just of them smiling normally, still happily of course. The second square was the two of them striking funny poses...that made her chuckle in remembrance. The third was of him kissing her on the cheek, while she looked shocked and surprised. The last one...the fourth one...her favorite of the four, was one of them kissing. It was just a small little square but she felt that it caught their spirit together quite accurately. God...she truly loved Alaric and now he was gone. Fallon clutched the picture frame to her chest and lay back on her bed, staring up at her ceiling. They were supposed to be together forever. She got up and climbed to the head of the bed and curled up into a small ball, the picture frame still held tightly against her chest. She lay her head on the pillow and turned in the direction where Alaric probably would have lain had he still been there. One hand let go of the picture frame and lay outstretched as if he was still laying there beside her...she could almost feel Alaric's hand in her own.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 am
Alaric let his hand slip from hers when he noticed that he was the one causing her unease. He stayed close, careful to not touch anyone on the street as he stayed close to her. When they got home he stopped as she closed the door in front of him, he reached for the knob, momentarily forgetting that he was dead, and his hand went through the metal. He sighed heavily and walked through the door, following Fallon's shadow as she went to their room. He watched as she remembered all of the good times they shared, he laughed as she pulled out the little strip of film from the photo booth, their first kiss... He had been so hopeful that things would go the way that they did, and was so happy when they did.
He sat on the side of the bed that he used, only a few days before, and tried to brush a strand of hair away from her face when she laid back. He laid on the bed and put his hand in hers, trying to convey all of his longing and love through his incorporeal touch. "I'm so sorry Fallon..."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 am
User Image

Fallon had closed her eyes and imagined her Alaric still there, laying down beside her as he held her hand...they'd done this so many times before, it was almost as if she could feel him there. His hand was in her own and the pressure from his body laying next to hers was registered, almost. It was as if she could even hear his voice. He sounded so close to her...almost if he literally WAS in the room. Fallon opened her eyes and sat up straight, the picture frame still in her hands. Looking around the room, she noted everything her eyes could catch. Moving shadows, creaking noises...the house was rather old anyway. She couldn't find a sign of Alaric though, then remembered he was dead. Strange however, she could have sworn to hearing his voice earlier. Fallon frowned, her brows furrowing with the action. She got up and set the picture frame on the bedside table closest to her and got up to stretch. Whatever the sound was, it was probably just her imagination getting worked up again as usual. Still, she wished it was her lover...

"I miss him so much....I think I'm going crazy."
Fallon sighed and walked to a cabinet where towels were stacked up neatly. She reached for one and walked into the bathroom. The girl looked at herself in the mirror and noted her red rimmed eyes and the way they were all puffy and awful looking. Her cheeks reddened when she realized that a lot of people probably saw her in that kind of state.

With a shake of her head and a sigh, Fallon turned away from her ugly looking reflection and undressed. She stepped into the shower once the water ran nice and hot, though at first all she did was stand there. The water felt nice on her cold skin and she could get lost in the mist and condensation that started to form. Even though Alaric was gone, he would never leave her heart.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:45 am
Alaric stood when she did and followed her to the bathroom. He smiled and couldn't help from laughing at her expression while she looked at herself in the mirror. He kissed her cheek, even though he knew she wouldn't feel or hear him, and whispered in her ear, "I think you look beautiful Fallon, I always have, and always will." He sat on air in the corner behind the door and closed his eyes to think, he opened them again when he heard the shower running. Maybe I can use the steam. How did I ever manage to get her to fall in love with me... He stood and stepped through the shower curtain and stood in the thick steam and wave an arm through it leaving no noticeable current. He huffed frustrated and stepped back out of the shower, then noticed the mirror fogging up. Maybe ghosts are cold. He brushed a finger through the mirror and the spot he touched thickened with condensation. "That'll work."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am
User Image

Fallon washed up and stood under the running hot water for an extra minute or so. When she'd finished, she shut the water off and reached from out of the shower to grab her towel that had been hanging on the towel rack. She wrapped it around her torso and tucked the loose piece of towel in so it could be held up on its own accord. Fallon stepped out of the shower then and wrung out her dripping wet hair. It hung down passed her shoulders in damp waves as she turned to the mirror to look at her reflection again. There was a thick bit of condensation on it, so much so that she couldn't even see herself. Fallon frowned and turned away from it, disregarding the foggy mirror. She reached for another towel and started to dry off her hair, Fallon wasn't one to use a blow dryer unless she was going out to see someone...which she wasn't planning on doing for quite some time now. With a deep sigh, she flipped her hair over and began to towel dry her dripping hair. It seemed that her mind was still playing tricks on her however, she could have sworn that she had seen Alaric's figure in the misty room....what good THAT did her. It only managed to strike a painful pang in her heart, knowing that he wasn't really there and that he was still six feet under the Earth in his coffin along with their engagement ring that still sat atop his casket.

"I think I need a therapist..." Fallon sighed sadly and flipped her hair back over, it was moderately dry now though still somewhat damp. She looked back at the mirror with a frown and found that there had been a mark made on the condensation. That was strange...

"I believe...that I must be seeing things." Fallon spoke to herself as she made her way over to the mirror to inspect it carefully.

Asuka_Layne

MidnightDaystar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 am
Alaric drew a small heart to get Fallon's attention focused on the mirror. When she was looking at the mark, he began writing, "Do not be afraid my love. I am with you now. I promised I would be with you always, and I mean it." He pressed his lips to the glass to end the message then bit his lip, hopping he hadn't just scared Fallon senseless.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff