Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Comparing Sidereal to Tropical Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 pm
Well I decided to see how my chart in Sidereal differed from my Tropical Chart.

Sidereal Chart

Tropical Chart

Other than a shift in the placement of the signs, the planets are still preserved, or at least that all I'm noticing now.

Any thoughts or comments? For me, I'm leaning more toward sidereal since I do seem to fit the bill for Libra as a sun sign much more that I do a Scorpio but I could be projecting. Any advice or tips on how to tell if one is projecting?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 am
I do not feel I could make a judgment on which system is better or how I could tell if I was projecting or not unless I had examined the house system and the intent behind the reading.

I also feel that we don't need to limit ourselves to one system over another because they can tell us different things. May I ask which house system you are using?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am
Brass Bell Doll
I do not feel I could make a judgment on which system is better or how I could tell if I was projecting or not unless I had examined the house system and the intent behind the reading.

I also feel that we don't need to limit ourselves to one system over another because they can tell us different things. May I ask which house system you are using?
My purpose of divination is for self-examination and self reflection purposes. The house system I am using is Placidus I think. Whatever the house system was, it was whatever was default for the site I used. This is the first I was aware of there being different house systems. I am learning more I see.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 am
rmcdra
My purpose of divination is for self-examination and self reflection purposes. The house system I am using is Placidus I think. Whatever the house system was, it was whatever was default for the site I used. This is the first I was aware of there being different house systems. I am learning more I see.

If you are looking for self-reflection, are you seeking information on immediate or distant developments?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:08 pm
Brass Bell Doll

If you are looking for self-reflection, are you seeking information on immediate or distant developments?
Both.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:34 pm
Is there a certain style of Astrology you prefer?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm
Brass Bell Doll
I am most familiar with Tropical Natal. Though this goes back to where I'm starting to question if it's as accurate as a Sidereal Natal would be since my sun sign and moon sign in Sidereal to fit me more. Again though I'm not sure if I'm being objective about this observation.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm
rmcdra
Brass Bell Doll
I am most familiar with Tropical Natal. Though this goes back to where I'm starting to question if it's as accurate as a Sidereal Natal would be since my sun sign and moon sign in Sidereal to fit me more. Again though I'm not sure if I'm being objective about this observation.

Tropical Natal is a style of Chart, not really a style of astrology. Did that make sense?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:27 pm
Brass Bell Doll
rmcdra
Brass Bell Doll

Tropical Natal is a style of Chart, not really a style of astrology. Did that make sense?
Oh Greek Classical.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 pm
If you feel it is appropriate, I would appropriate an example passage from the horoscope. I'm not familiar with that style, but I have heard of some of the Medieval styles being described that way.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm
Brass Bell Doll
If you feel it is appropriate, I would appropriate an example passage from the horoscope. I'm not familiar with that style, but I have heard of some of the Medieval styles being described that way.
I could be mistaken. Most of my serious studies came from that book you mentioned in Midnight Moon. My Charts using tropical and sidereal are posted in the OP.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm
rmcdra
I could be mistaken. Most of my serious studies came from that book you mentioned in Midnight Moon. My Charts using tropical and sidereal are posted in the OP.

Thank you. That clears it up nicely.
I feel that book is an amalgamation of Medieval and Generic New Age astrology, so I'm not sure what recommendations I can make.
If you would like though, we could go through your chart together.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:31 pm
Looking at the astro.com website and the various chart types and house systems, my brain definitely just exploded.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 pm
Brass Bell Doll
rmcdra

Thank you. That clears it up nicely.
I feel that book is an amalgamation of Medieval and Generic New Age astrology, so I'm not sure what recommendations I can make.
If you would like though, we could go through your chart together.
Alright. Where would you like to start with? It's been about 5 years since I've looked at this seriously so I'm a little rusty.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm
Illiezeulette
Looking at the astro.com website and the various chart types and house systems, my brain definitely just exploded.

I feel it is one of the best sites on Astrology I have seen.
I have yet to have an error in a chart.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces