Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
DISfunctional Mentor Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm
hey guys, i jus joined the guild. It looks ver interesting. I would like to help people with anatomy and finding their own styles. I know from my style it looks like i am crap at anatomy but i had to learn realism first to swicth up my style. Im on gaia pretty often so if you need help with anything you can pm me or you can post in this thread. Now im going to show you all some of my art!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

thats all. feel free to comment on pictures also, but this thread is mostly for helping others OK!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 pm
O.O...wow i would love to be able to do that to help out my graffiti  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:07 pm
MF King
O.O...wow i would love to be able to do that to help out my graffiti

graffiti is easy once you get the hang of it! Would you like some tips?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm
tips yes with the ppl drawing and the my graffiti is ify :/ im getting better but im nowhere close to anybody real good like mindgem  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm
MF King
tips yes with the ppl drawing and the my graffiti is ify :/ im getting better but im nowhere close to anybody real good like mindgem

dont degrade yourself. OK here are some tips. Dont be simple, try to make it complicated and interesting for the user. Make it pop, use 3-d letters. Draw your letters in 2-d first, then go back and make them 3-d. Use alot of intersecting or overlapping letters and shapes. Do something interesting to add your own kick to it, maybe add flames or arrows or something. Those are all i can think of right now. Also if your still learning dont worry about coloring your graffiti, once you get real good get some paint markers and use those rather than ordinary markers. You can find paint markers at your local art suppies store.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 pm
c-rectile disfunction
MF King

dont degrade yourself. OK here are some tips. Dont be simple, try to make it complicated and interesting for the user. Make it pop, use 3-d letters. Draw your letters in 2-d first, then go back and make them 3-d. Use alot of intersecting or overlapping letters and shapes. Do something interesting to add your own kick to it, maybe add flames or arrows or something. Those are all i can think of right now. Also if your still learning dont worry about coloring your graffiti, once you get real good get some paint markers and use those rather than ordinary markers. You can find paint markers at your local art suppies store.

no lol im a little more advance then that here is an sample of wat i can do Air its not finish yet and if u wanna c more check my mentor thread  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm
MF King
c-rectile disfunction
MF King

no lol im a little more advance then that here is an sample of wat i can do Air its not finish yet and if u wanna c more check my mentor thread

Ay man, thats pretty tight! I dunno wat to tell you, it seems like your just as good as i am in the graffiti department.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:36 pm
oh ok well i still wanna be able to draw anime like u do it would definitely take my graffiti to the next lvl  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:43 pm
where do you see any anime?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 pm
well wat ever u call the art on the thread sweatdrop  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:59 pm
well you cant just copy my style, you have to find your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 pm
ya i know but i need to know the basics first  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm
first you have to practice realism. realism is boring and its a real drag. It is pretty hard but it will get you to a good start. Draw things from real life. Anything, then move on to basic shapes 2d and 3d. Then you can observe other styles or styles from your favorite artist and incorperate that into your own style. You should probably add som graffiti concepts into your style also. do this and praxtice alot. and you will be a very experienced artist. This will also help out your graffiti.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 pm
c-rectile disfunction
first you have to practice realism. realism is boring and its a real drag. It is pretty hard but it will get you to a good start. Draw things from real life. Anything, then move on to basic shapes 2d and 3d. Then you can observe other styles or styles from your favorite artist and incorperate that into your own style. You should probably add som graffiti concepts into your style also. do this and praxtice alot. and you will be a very experienced artist. This will also help out your graffiti.

alright and u know u will kinda get in trouble for posting in the wrong forum lol  

wow its byron

Cartooned DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:29 pm
oh well  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items