Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Authority Abuse? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Know someone who is a little to authoritive?
  yes
  no
  kind of
View Results

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 pm
Ok, I have a situation here with my god aunt (she lives with us). She has a slightly disabled arm (meaning it's useable but sorta messed up), so some things she needs help with. My mom's the boss of the house.
Anyway, so when my mom's awake (keep this in mind), my god aunt will usually do the stuff she needs to do herself (that she can do). But when my mom's asleep or not home, my god aunt will tell me to the stuff she does herself every friggin 5 minutes (or so it seems). It gets irritating at times, especially when I'm trying to do something important like homework. I know I'm a kid and I'm supposed to listen to my elders and everything, but dude, seriously. Most of the stuff she can do herself.
I'm not sure if it is , but do any of you guys think this is a form of authority abuse? I need opinions. I don't think it is, but someone told me that she's kind of over... I don't know what the word is.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 pm
Maybe you don't understand the concept of "disabled people need help with some things"  

Xahmen

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 pm
Zahmen II
Maybe you don't understand the concept of "disabled people need help with some things"

That's why I said "the things she CAN do", dude. She does them herself when my mom's not sleeping. Her arm IS usable, but it's a little difficult. Here, let me fix it so it's clearer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:22 am
Why does it put you off so much to help someone out? Just because she CAN do it, doesn't necessarily mean it's easy for her. Have some compassion.
What's next, punching babies?  

Death of Cool

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:45 pm
Death of Cool
Why does it put you off so much to help someone out? Just because she CAN do it, doesn't necessarily mean it's easy for her. Have some compassion.
What's next, punching babies?

I don't mind doing it. I help her a lot. What I'm talking about is simple stuff like getting a water bottle out of the fridge. And that whole punching babies thing annoys the heck out of me. I've heard so many people say it. It's really stupid, if you ask me. And all I'm asking is for opinions on the question because I don't think she's too authoritive but my friend does.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm
Okay, let me straighten this up for everyone. I just want responses to the question, not the story. IT IS NOT A COMPLAINT STORY (for the people who think I am doing so). It's background info for the question AT THE END OF THE STORY. If I didn't say anything about the situation, everybody would be like "why the heck does somebody think she's overauthoritive?", you know. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but is anyone even looking at THE QUESTION?  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm
-sigh-
Listen, guys... What she, I believe, is trying to say, is that she does more than everything that is asked of her, and then some. I don't believe this girl minds helping people out, let alone someone who is like part of the family who is suffering from something that is wrong with one of her arms. But in this case, she is suddenly being asked to not only do what is kindly required, but a lot more than could be done easily without her help.
It is proper not to complain when requested of, but in this case, she is or feels that she is being asked too much of when it is not required.

Don't think she is a bad person for this, now that would be wrong.

So, how many of you have NEVER tired of being asked for help, if you were even kind enough to help someone in the first place? How many of you have NEVER gotten annoyed or a little unsettled when it seems your life suddenly has changed to revolve around doing something that does not need to be done? I know I have, infact, I am tired and upset right now, obviously! So... how many of you are perfect?

If there is a single perfect person here who has never been asked anything of and who has never gotten a little upset over doing things in their life, then they may step forward to judge her so harshly.

Until then, let's act civilized and actually listen to her. Unless, of course, showing some empathy goes beyond your metal capabilites.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:52 pm
And yes, dear. There are always people who take advantage of the positions society has given them, or that they have granted upon themselves. Parents, cops, government officials, big buisnesses, teachers, elders, strangers, even "cool" kids who are too young to know how to spell the word "dictionary". 50% of children are bullied, meaning atleast 50% are the bullies. That is how it is with all ages and all groups of society, when you get down to it. Just some people have or exercise more power and manipulation than others, it depends on how much they can get away with, and what they want. Just watch the news, all crime of all kinds and all things against justice seem to come down to this concept of using and abusing power for your good, and hurting people in some way along the line.  

Angel of the End

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:53 pm
ChildoftheMoon14
I don't think she's too authoritive but my friend does.
User ImageYippee-yi-yay...

Look who's trying to save face.

...Yippee-yi-yo!
Ghost Riders in the sky!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Angel of the End
Unless, of course, showing some empathy goes beyond your mental capabilities.

Sure sounds like a flame to me  

Xahmen

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 pm
Angel of the End
And yes, dear. There are always people who take advantage of the positions society has given them, or that they have granted upon themselves. Parents, cops, government officials, big buisnesses, teachers, elders, strangers, even "cool" kids who are too young to know how to spell the word "dictionary". 50% of children are bullied, meaning atleast 50% are the bullies. That is how it is with all ages and all groups of society, when you get down to it. Just some people have or exercise more power and manipulation than others, it depends on how much they can get away with, and what they want. Just watch the news, all crime of all kinds and all things against justice seem to come down to this concept of using and abusing power for your good, and hurting people in some way along the line.

Would you please provide your study data for these precise statistics?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:47 pm
Angel of the End
-sigh-
Listen, guys... What she, I believe, is trying to say, is that she does more than everything that is asked of her, and then some. I don't believe this girl minds helping people out, let alone someone who is like part of the family who is suffering from something that is wrong with one of her arms. But in this case, she is suddenly being asked to not only do what is kindly required, but a lot more than could be done easily without her help.
It is proper not to complain when requested of, but in this case, she is or feels that she is being asked too much of when it is not required.

Don't think she is a bad person for this, now that would be wrong.

So, how many of you have NEVER tired of being asked for help, if you were even kind enough to help someone in the first place? How many of you have NEVER gotten annoyed or a little unsettled when it seems your life suddenly has changed to revolve around doing something that does not need to be done? I know I have, infact, I am tired and upset right now, obviously! So... how many of you are perfect?

If there is a single perfect person here who has never been asked anything of and who has never gotten a little upset over doing things in their life, then they may step forward to judge her so harshly.

Until then, let's act civilized and actually listen to her. Unless, of course, showing some empathy goes beyond your metal capabilites.

Thank you.

Thank for at least attempting to understand me (which you did). At least you actually took the time to analyze the whole thing before saying something. Unlike these other people so far who just picked out something they saw that could be taken negatively and tried to judge me. No one really has the right to judge ANYONE, especially if they've never had that type of feeling or been in that kind of situation. Even if they have, it's still wrong. I'm sorry if I sound rude or mean or whatever word you want to use, but I've been taught to speak my mind.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:48 pm
Angel of the End

And thank you for actuallly answering the question in some way.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:50 pm
The Spirit of Vengeance
ChildoftheMoon14
I don't think she's too authoritive but my friend does.
User ImageYippee-yi-yay...

Look who's trying to save face.

...Yippee-yi-yo!
Ghost Riders in the sky!

Look here, sir, if you were paying attention (which I doubt since you wrote this), you would have noticed that I explained that IN THE BEGINNING AFTER THE QUESTION. If I'm properly interpreting your words.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm
If you didn't want people to latch onto a single part of your post and refuse to deviate it, maybe you should have omitted it.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff