Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
I watched the movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 pm
Okay random chatter because this is kinda... random and not a full topic, more of a 'I just saw the movie' thing.

I saw the movie, not in 3D though... but anyway I will be writing a full review soon. I've also got the two games and have started playing both of them, so far the DS game is my favourite. The movie itself is enjoyable, though they could of done more with it. BTW the Hare is awesome.

And... I love Absolem (the Caterpillar)... I mean he... only got three scenes but... he is so CUTE! o.o No matter what kind of reviews the film gets... I love him! XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:24 pm
Ahh! LUCKY!
What would you give the rating for it? ^^
I can't wait to see it.  

CinnaminRollPuppy

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm
Haaaare... *flails about and claws at things* I'm going to see it as soon as possible! O_<  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 am
Why am I not surprised that you liked Absolem so much? rolleyes

Lady March Hare
Haaaare... *flails about and claws at things* I'm going to see it as soon as possible! O_<

I'm seeing in today (the 6th). So excited~! 3nodding

EDIT: Not seeing it tonight, after all. cry  

Sh0ur4i

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:01 am
Rating? Hmmm, I guess I'll get to that when I write the review. XD

Oh yes, seriously Marchy, I really liked the Hare a lot. o.o

And you're not surprised because it was obvious I would love Absolem! Also he's adorable in the DS game. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm
I saw the movie last night sitting in the front row blaugh in my opinion, it was AWESOME!!!

Johnny Depp made such a great Hatter & I loved "Chez" (Cheshire Cat)

(SORT OF) SPOILER- I love Hatter's dance at the end. I think I remember the name but I can't spell it to save my life. The whole place was laughing though and my friends and I were all attempting it afterwards. I was also in creases when Chez gave Hatter his hat back and said "Goodbye, sweet hat." -HIGHLIGHT IF YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE

EDIT (HIGHLIGHT): Did anyone else start laughing louder than the rest of the audience when March Hare was ranting about stuff and randomly picked up a spoon, looked at it and said "Spoon..." in a very strange tone?  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:02 pm
The March Hare was awesome, either he or the Cheshire Cat is my second favourite character in the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 pm
i loved pretty much every character who was not Alice. She's a pretty generic character.

But Absolem, The White Queen, Chez, March, and the doormouse were so fantastic!!!  

l Sailor Lupus l

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Noxious Weed

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 am
After being told by several persons that I would hate the movie I was pleasantly surprised by it. Although the ending was a bit of a face-palm the characters were lively, interesting, and very much like the book. The delightful inside jokes that were at every turn just made me giggle through the entire movie, and the Mad Tea Party scene just put me in a fit. What the plot lacked, the directing made up for which just left me saying "It's worth watching at least once."

=D  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm
I totally loved the movie! It was amazing! I loved the cheshire cat, mad hatter, and march hare! LOL i totally noticed the spoon part too!!! xD First movie I've watched in 3-D, it was awesome!  

arika-toteshi-ka

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200

Fangirl of many things

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm
I rather liked Johnny Depps portrayl of the Mad Hatter....he made the Mad Hatter look sooooooo sexy! hehehe ^.^ but thats just my opinion  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 pm
Saw the movie... I really liked it! My favorite characters had to be the March Hare (duh), the Cheshire Cat, and the White Queen. I think you guys are right; they did a really good job keeping the majority of the characters quirky. And I was surprisingly impressed by the character of the Red Queen; I thought she would be a lot less dynamic then she ended up being.

Johnny Depp did a passable job as the Hatter... I wasn't as impressed with him as I was with most of the other characters (never thought there'd be a day I was fangirling over the Cheshire Cat more then the Mad Hatter, but there it is), but he definitely made an interesting job of it.

Oh, and Rem, to your second edit... YES! Never before have I felt a kindred spirit in a 3-D character! *luffs on* XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Lagerung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 am
User Image

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Favorite character: Stayne obviously~ As for the movie I would give it over all a B+ some characters could have stood out more. Example: Stayne I felt he was not as developed as he could have been. The same for March Hare, Caterpillar and Alice.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am
I am seriously loving Absolem at the moment... I just have to watch that movie again... and in 3D this time... yes indeed. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

Lagerung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 am
User Image

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I think perhaps I'll buy the DVD when it comes out and put it with my Johnny Depp collection. <3
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Mad Hatter Chatter

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces