Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's More Annoying? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is worse?
  Fangirls
  Haters
  Both
  GIMME MEH GOLD!!!
View Results

black moon girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm
What's more of a pain to deal with? People that are obsessed with Yaoi/Shounen ai (AKA: Fangirls) or the people that rant about it every single time it's mentioned (Aka: haters)?

Me personally find the haters more annoying due to the fact that in another fourm that I'm in every day someone is creating a new topic endlessly whining about there being too much "BL" in a webcomic site. It's like the whole "Twilight" thing yeah it can be amusing seeing/reading their long rants and end up agreeing with most of it (if not all of it) but after a while there need to be a time where you have to understand: "OK WE GET THE POINT ALREADY YOU DON"T LIKE IT! FINE! NOW SHUT UP!!" You know what I mean? 0_o;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am
i think that haters are the worst or at least worse then fans cause with haters they might not even have a good reason for not liking it or they don't respect the fans that do like it  

protecterofelements

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 am
Uhm, they're both equally annoying to me.

Though I've never actually had a problem with haters, but I imagine they would annoy me just as much.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm
All I can say on this is at least I get along with the fangirls.  

LifeNoLongerWorthIt

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:12 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
Crazy fangirls because they make me feel such immense amounts of second-hand embarrassment. The haters are, at the very least, not socially retarded like the creepy fans. Most of the time. Don't even get me started on elitist fanboys.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 am
I say both are equally annoying. Obsessive fangirls just go over the top and make every single thing into a pairing and you know, a little boyXgirl is nice sometimes. Haters rant and rant and rant... As my friend Michelle once said, "I think we get the point after like five pages of your crap. We understand you don't like it but some people do and you should have enough respect to hold your tongue in check. A simple 'I'm not much into it.' or 'You can like it but I don't.' would be sufficient."  

GoodKoji

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:36 pm
MooMooJuice
Uhm, they're both equally annoying to me.

Though I've never actually had a problem with haters, but I imagine they would annoy me just as much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:41 am
I find that I normally don't like either of them.

Fangirls and/or fan nazi's get annoyingly stupid.
Haters... Get annoyingly stupid to.

I find that if I'm listening to someone over-obsess about a manga/anime/pairing/whatever, then it tends to be like their drilling nails in my skull.
Haters can usually go on and on and on to where it drives people insane. If someone hates twilight, they can just say "The writing is weak and the characters are two-dimensional" or something like that and be done with it. And then you only go into more detail if your asked to.  

The_Radioactive_Woman

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 am
User Image
I'd have to say they're both (in general) equally annoying.

Yaoi is beautiful. It is. But starting pairing wars, and not letting people talk about other aspects of life is just aggravating.

Haters...well, the name speaks for itself. It's like, "Just hush already. You don't like it, wish it would all die, I get it. Now shut up." It's essentially the same thing on opposite sides.
...But be sure to have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm
Why such a hard choice?

I'm gonna go with the fangirls, since is a given that there will always be haters for pretty much everything, and I'm always so into looking through other people's eyes I understand where some of the hate comes from even if I don't agree with it. And even some of the haters (aka, friends of mine) are respectful enough to simply agree to not talk about yaoi. The fangirls, though? They're always annoying and downright embarrassing. Even more so because I used to be one.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 am

I touch the fire and it freezes me;
I look into it and it’s black.

Fan girls are eh. I can acknowledge their existence without any strong emotion.

Haters kind of annoy me, because there's really no point to that level of hate of something. It's kind of ridiculous. :/ I just wanna tell them to get over themselves.

Why can’t I feel? My skin should crack and peel.
I want the fire back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 am
Well... I don´t really like crazy fangirls ( who does?) but maybe the worst are the haters because if it weren´t that kind of people I would be able to scream " I LOVE YAOI!" (I really want to do it) ... but I can´t because everyone I know already thinks I´m strange so if I do that they would be like eek and then they would hate me crying because I know that they don´t aprove and even hate that "kind" of stuff. That´s why, in my opinion, haters are the worst!
p.s. sorry for my english sweatdrop
heart YAOI RULES!! heart  

blackfox7

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

bopeebo

Mewling Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:23 pm
Haters can be annoying if they hate as much as fangirls obsess.

So haters are equally annoying as fangirls, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:02 pm
I won't lie. Fangirls drive me up a wall. Haters, yeah I'm used to them. They're everywhere but they can be avoided. But when you and someone else have the same interests and you want to talk with them about it, but they're so . . . creepy and awkward and screamy . . . -shudders-
Even worse is here at my school we have a club for anime and everyone in it is EXACTLY like that except for, like, two people.
Where can I go for a bit of sexy sanity?

ausgeburt

Shades Of Change

2,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 am
(Wow. Haven't been to this guild in a while...)

Anyways, to be honest, I find both sets of people rather annoying. In both instances, neither side allows for anyone to disagree with them. They act like it's the end of the world when someone presents a different opinion.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff