Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Taerinn, A Caterpillar Who Wants To Be A Fabulous Butterfly Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:30 pm
User Image

My name is Jenn. I am seventeen years old, and my current weight is 205 pounds.

I am a caterpillar.

But I want to be a butterfly.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:31 pm
User Image
My Story...

☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Ever since I can remember, I've been overweight. I was always the biggest girl. Always the last one picked. The last one to be noticed. I was known for being a good student, but I was also made fun of for that and how I looked.

As I got older, I abandoned some of my "nerdier" habits, but I still kept on my weight and then some.

When we got our weights taken in eighth grade, the nurse made everyone turn around when mine was taken. I didn't even ask for it. She simply assumed I would be ashamed... but the fact that she made a big deal out of it was far, far worse than having people know my numbers.

In eighth grade, I fell in love with my friend. I took out my misery and self-hate into food. I also started cutting. I was destroying myself. I gained thirty pounds, and many scars.

Fast forward to eleventh grade. I've never had a boyfriend, been asked out by a guy I actually like, or even been kissed.
I'm tired of being the girl that's pushed aside. I'm tired of being ignored. I'm tired of hiding who I am because of my weight. I don't want to hate myself anymore. I know there's a butterfly in me, but right now, I'm nothing but a lowly caterpillar.

User Image

o sunflower king

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm
User Image

My Goals

εїз

Goal Number One:

195 pounds

Reached:

εїз

Goal Number Two:

180 pounds

Reached:

εїз

Goal Number Three:

160 pounds

Reached:

εїз

Goal Number Four:

140 pounds

Reached:

εїз

Fifth and Final Goal:

135 pounds

Reached:

εїз

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:33 pm
User Image

Pictures!

(✿◕‿◕)

User Image
OCTOBER 31, 2009

User Image
JANUARY 22, 2010

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

User Image

o sunflower king

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 20, 2010

Today has been a good day.

I woke up and for breakfast, I ate an apple and a turkey sandwich with wheat bread, cheddar cheese, a tomato, lettuce, and lite ranch.

I also had a couple bites of mac & cheese leftovers.

I then had an orange pepper.

Then, I went to the gym and burned 600 calories! I love the elliptical~ Afterwards, I ate an orange.

My mom and I went to the store, and I got some cinnamon goldfish and we nibbled on them on the way home while we listened to the Glee soundtrack.

When I got home, I made myself a 4-inch turkey sub. I had half a slice of cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce, and lite ranch on it.

I listened to music for a bit (Angels & Airwaves! <3) and then I was hungry again. I ate some mac and cheese again, and some cauliflower. Oh, and a cup of skim milk.

Then at like 3 AM I nommed a little bit more. I had some potato chips and a cup of frosted shredded wheat.

APPLE - 70 calories
WHEAT BREAD - 140 calories
TURKEY (2 oz.) - 50 calories
LIGHT RANCH - 80 calories
TOMATO - 10 calories
LETTUCE - 5 calories
MAC AND CHEESE - 100 calories
PEPPER - 50 calories
ORANGE - 80 calories
CINNAMON GOLDFISH - 180 calories
6 INCHES BAGUETTE BREAD - 450 calories (ouch!)
TOMATO - 10 calories
LETTUCE - 5 calories
MAC AND CHEESE - 180 calories
CAULIFLOWER - 25 calories
BABY CARROTS - 30 calories
SKIM MILK - 90 calories
POTATO CHIPS - 150 calories
FROSTED SHREDDED WHEAT - 200 calories
SKIM MILK - 60 calories

CALORIE TOTAL - 2265
MINUS 600 CALORIE WORKOUT - 1665 calories

HIGH POINT OF TODAY: 600 calorie workout! Ah!
LOW POINT: Late-night snacking! I have to stop that.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 21, 2010

AGH! I'm so mad! I can't go to the gym today because my mom is doing her middle-aged woman whatevers, and my brother is going with his friend and I can't get a ride. Dammit!

EDIT: Well I guess my dad is going to drop me off at the gym for an hour or so. That's good.

EDIT: s**t. I completely forgot about the bagel I ate! CRAP CRAP CRAP!

I burned 550 calories! Whoo-hoo! I decided that my workout will be two days of cardio followed by a weight-lifting day. After I worked out I had an ounce of nuts, an orange, and a banana with a little bit of peanut butter.

Then, we went to my grandpa's house to eat dinner. We got subs, but I peeled off all the cheese (along with all the dressing...) and replaced it with lettuce and tomato. I had a salad with about 100 calories worth of dressing. I had a couple small pieces of leftover Valentine's chocolate. I also nibbled on some cheese, but then I threw it away.

EDIT: Added what I ate this day.

4 INCHES BAGUETTE BREAD - 350 calories
TOMATO - 10 calories
LETTUCE - 5 calories
APPLE - 70 calories
NUTS - 170 calories
ORANGE - 70 calories
BANANA -70 calories
PEANUT BUTTER - 100 calories
SUB - 450 calories (ouch!!)
Chocolate - 50 calories
SALAD - 50 calories
DRESSING - 100 calories
CHEESE - 100 calories
FROSTED SHREDDED WHEAT - 200 calories
MILK - 50 calories
PEAS - 80 calories

EDIT: Tim Horton's bagel w/ light cream cheese - 400

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE : 2485 calories
MINUS 550 CALORIES : 1935 calories

HIGH POINT : Workout! And making my sub healthier.
LOW POINT - BAGELS. NEVER AGAIN. D,x

User Image

o sunflower king

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 22, 2010

Today was decent, I 'spose. I didn't wake up until like, ten, which was awesome. I ate some peas from the night before, because I have lunch pretty early on my A days at school.

At lunch I had pasta (they only have white. It's so lame! I need to start packing again!) with marinara sauce (MMM SODIUM), a chocolate milk (actually proportioned!), a little salad, and a roll. My school has terrible food. "LOL WE ARE A HEALTHY CAFETERIA LOL" No, I could get a healthier meal at McDonald's. neutral

Anyway.

Sooo when I got home I mindlessly at a caramel candy bar. Urgh. I had three crackers with a piece of cheese and a piece of turkey. Then I cleaned my room for a bit, then went to the gym.

Since it was my weight lifting day, my mom and I did this class called "Group Power," which is basically an hour-long weightlifting workout. It's mostly freeweights, and there is a ton of repetition, and it KILLS. My arms and legs and abs hurt, but I know it's worth it! Then I just walked around on the gym's track for half an hour while my mom went on the treadmill.

Afterward, I had an orange and then we went to subway. I had a 6-inch turkey sub on wheat bread with light provolone, lettuce, tomato, onions, and a little little bit of lite ranch. I also had baked potato chips. I stupidly got an iced tea (I think it was a Nestea brand,) mistaking it for the zero-calorie kind. It's not. Sucker has 80 grams in a serving, and the bottle has three!! I almost drank the whole damn thing! Thank goodness I didn't, though. I drank about 2/3 of it.

Now, I'm chillin' at my computer putting off doing my homework, haha. I had an apple up here, too. Before I go to sleep, I am gonna have a big handful of spinach and a banana so I get enough fruits and veggies today.

PEAS - 80 calories
PASTA - 300 calories
SAUCE - 100 calories
CHOCOLATE MILK - 150 calories
SALAD - 5 calories
ROLL - 80 calories
CHOCOLATE BAR - 300 calories
CRACKERS - 50 calories
CHEESE (CHEDDAR) - 80 calories
TURKEY (.5 oz) - 15 calories
ORANGE - 70 calories
BAKED CHIPS (SOUR CREAM FLAVOR) - 150
SUBWAY SUB - 430 calories
APPLE - 70 calories
TEA - 160
SPINACH - 30 calories

CALORIE TOTAL : 2100 calories
MINUS WORKOUT : 1650 calories

HIGH POINT : The workout was tough, but worth it! I can do squats now!
LOW POINT : CHOCOLATE, YOU... a*****e. D:<

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 am
Pokemon Master! :D
I love your layout. Also, your goals are definitely do-able!
You can do it, it's not going to be easy but you'll be a butterfly.
If you need anything feel free to drop by my journal, PM, or skype (stars.in.my.pocket). <3 You can do it!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 pm
Thank you, Stars! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:51 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 23, 2010

I'm writing this the night before the 23rd. I really, really want eggs tomorrow morning. An egg-white wrap on a wheat tortilla sounds sooooo dammmmnnn gooooood. heart

Well! It's 8:37 and the PM and I'm sitting here watching American Idol with my mum.

Let's recap the day!

Oookay, so, I didn't go to school today because I didn't feel well. I woke up at like ten, so, I started my day kinda late.

I had peas, and then a little bit later I had my eggs and cheese... but on a sammich because the wrap like, broke. x_x So I had that with a piece of turkey.

Before I went to therapy, I had an apple and a bowl of Life cereal with skim milk.

After my appointment, I had a PB and J. After I worked out I had baby carrots and a smoothie from the gym, with pineapple, banana, and coconut. Sooo yummy. x3 I burned 480 calories, by the way.

Thennnn after like two hours waiting for my brother to get out of work, we went to subway. Same deal as yesterday, only I got like, half a tablespoon of lite ranch on it. Oh, and did you know Light Lay's Chips have less calories than the Baked kind? o_O Annnd I had an iced tea. Yay for sweet n' low? >_>

Now that I'm home, I made some corn to eat in a little bit before I sleep.

Whoo.

PEAS - 70 calories
EGGS (3 egg whites + 1 yolk) - 130 calories
LITE CHEESE - 30
TURKEY - 15 calories
APPLE - 70 calories
LIFE CEREAL - 120
SKIM MILK - 40
PB AND J (wheat bread, 1 tbsp PB, sugarfree preserves) - 250 calories
SMOOTHIE - 350 calories
SUBWAY SUB - 400 calories
LIGHT CHIPS - 75 calories
TEA - 0 calories
CORN - 80 calories
LIFE CEREAL - 120 calories
SKIM MILK - 40 calories
Fruit salad - 100 calories

CALORIE TOTAL : 1935
MINUS WORKOUT : 1455

HIGH POINT : Workout! Ah~!
LOW POINT : Can't really think of one, really. : D

User Image

o sunflower king

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 24, 2010

I GET TO EAT COLDSTONE ICE CREAM TODAYYYY~!!!

Wait, no I don't. I feel really sick today. D: No ice cream for Jenn this week!

Buuut after I threw up, I had four crackers, a piece of cheese, and some corn.

It's gonna be soup and tummy-settling foods today.

EDIT : I had a terrible, terrible day emotionally. I don't want to record ANYTHING about today.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 am
Looking at your pictures, gotta say you're rather adorable looking. Stupid boys for not seeing that.

Good luck with your weight loss. Stay doing as good as you are and you'll see results in no time! biggrin

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 am
Lady Kayura
Looking at your pictures, gotta say you're rather adorable looking. Stupid boys for not seeing that.

Good luck with your weight loss. Stay doing as good as you are and you'll see results in no time! biggrin

Awh! Thank you! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm
User Image

(✿◕‿◕)

FEBRUARY 25, 2010

Today has been utterly shitty. I didn't even get to go to the gym. :'/ LAME.

Anyway.

3 CRACKERS - 50 calories
CHEDDAR CHEESE - 80 calories
SMARTONES DINNER - 400 calories
PB+J - 280 calories
APPLE - 70 calories
PINEAPPLE - 70 calories
PEAS - 80 calories
PRETZEL - 100 calories
CHEESE - 80 calories

User Image

o sunflower king