Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
News Room Planning Thread. [Looking for People.] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 pm
User Image

This Thread is being used to plan out the News room. The following posts hold all the information gathered so far, as well as our Battle Plans for the ball, and it's Plot. If your interested in joining, look at the Positions Posts Below. I will be leading The News Room as Sara dawntimes when we go live at the ball, and I will be leading the setting up of this room. The other two hosts, (Whoever is picked.) Will be consulted on everything, as will my Co-Host(s).

I work several different ways, and you all should know that unless I actually state that it's the final Version, It's NOT the final version, and anything can still be changed or talked about. I won't go through with something unless All(Or Most in some cases) on the News Team agrees on it.

We will be needing a lot of people to make this room a success this year, People who are willing to work hard, and can be available for all three days (Preferably for a few hours each day.)

Well I believe that covers quite a bit right there. I know I may sound more serious then I mean to be, and I tend to always look at the worst-case as the most likely to happen. Please don't let this scare you, I just like to be fully prepared for anything. Things will probably go a lot smoother and easier then I'll make it sound. So please, if you don't like something I say or do, please speak up, and I'll try to do or say things differently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 pm
User Image

(edited by Sabs) This post is all about the Positions people have, and how to apply for open positions.

The Positions:

The Hosts:

Host: ??? as Sara DawnTimes.

Host 2: XxRandom_PancakesxX (?)

Co-Hosts:

Co-Host 1: DogBoi22 (?)

Co-Host 2: KnightWolf783 (?)

The Reporters:

We will need one reporter for each room.

Reporter (Mt. Olympus):

Reporter (The Forest of the Divine): Open

Reporter (The Dark Room): Open

Reporter (The Room by the Sea): Open

Reporter (The Room of Beauty): Open

Reporter (The Celebration): Open

To Apply:

To Apply to get one of these places, Fill out the following form and post it in this thread.

[size=18]I Wanna Help![/size]

My Name :

The Position I Want :

Will I be there for all three days? :

How long will I be on each day? :

Why you should pick me! :

How Easy or Hard do I think this Job will be? :

I understand by posting this form, that you will be counting on me to show up on time, do my job, and be there. Or that I will tell you I can't do it no later then two full weeks before the Annual Ball Goes Live.

You may apply for Co-host or Reporter. But it's more likely that you'll get the Reporter position. I ask these questions, and they are very important, Because I will be assigning you to rooms based on how much time and effort it'll take to do them, and how much you can give for it. There will be rooms that are a piece of cake, and maybe rooms that will be really hard to do. So if you can only handle so much, tell me, so I can plan for it.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm
User Image

02/12/10 :

I'm having problems accessing the Sara DawnTimes Account right now, I normally wouldn't bother to mention it, but it's been a few weeks now, and I've been emailing back and forth with Gaia's support team to resolve the problem. This is the reason that the Guild's News Letter has been so delayed. I hope to have the issue resolved soon, but if not, then I'll have to make a new Sara Account.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm
User Image

It's VERY UNLIKELY that we'll have any contests at all. But still this post is here for a collect of contest Ideas.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 pm
User Image

This post contains a collection of Plot Ideas, and the most recent fully drawn out plot.

Shunatsu
I have this idea, but I'm not sure whether it'll work...

As the God descended to report about the gigantic party, Sara's News Team is there reporting about the issue. Hermes, being a big fan of mischief, saw interest in her. He then proclaim he'll be needing an assistant as Hephaestus is having a headache and the two of them are unable to control the situation. He then proclaims her as his assistant/helper/partner for the News Room and sends her to report on all the crazy/weird/dangerous things around the ball, just to see her suffer (it can give her an excuse if she wants to appear when Eris starts messing around with things). Then maybe he kidnaps her and her News Team or something. xd

Hopefully it helps. ^^

xTrueBlissx
Also, if we need another thing to help this along, I was doing some research on Hestia. She was goddess of home and hearth, and it was said she would become angry if a guest was turned away and not provided shelter. Since she is the eldest of the gods and the most highly respected (keeper of Mt. Olympus), maybe there can be an argument among the gods reguarding the news team and she can overrule them and offer them a place to stay for the duration of the ball.
It would be also cool if the other gods, even though they don't try to go against hestia, try to cause sara trouble like you suggested (maybe she could fall into traps laid by some of the gods to make it interesting?
It would make a good sub-plot filler for down times.

Those are two plot Ideas we have so far.

My only idea so far for the plot, wouldn't be easy to pull off. But here it is anyway. I'm thinking that when the main plot twist happens, and the plot twists of the other rooms happen. That a break down of communication happens, and Sara has no idea what's really going on, causing her to search throughout each room herself to get the real story of what's going on. But again, role playing the communications break down, might be pretty hard to do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 pm
User Image

These are the plans on how we'll be collecting the News during the ball itself, I hope having these fully hammered out, we will run into a lot less trouble.

So far the plan is to assign one person to each room to keep track of their Plot and contests, Those people will then report to Sara(Me) The Information they have gathered. Then Sara(Me) Will post the News within the News feed for that room. The 3 Extras are back up reporters in-case something happens to any of the other reporters, and if we still have one extra reporter when the ball goes live. They will look through the other threads in the forum, and report on any that seem to really stand out. (Have a Neat Idea or Theme, Or simply have tons of Posts/Attention.)

If you have an idea on how to make this easier for everyone, Then please share your ideas.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm
User Image

This Post will keep track of People how have been interviewed, and those that still need to be interviewed. Before the 7th Annual Ball, Sara interviewed many people behind the scenes, and those interviews were posted in the News Room upon the launch of the ball. I intend to do the same thing this year.

The interviews will most likely be held within the final month leading up-to the ball.

The current list was made on 2/13/10, This is a loose list of everyone who was/is a Captain/Host of something, and everyone on this list may or may not be interviewed. If you believe I forgot someone, or information was left out by mistake. Please Say so.

Current Goal : Get a list of people who hosted different events for the Guild, or hosted any fundraiser things for the annual ball.

Psycho Sabs - (Main Host)
xTrueBlissx - (Main Co-Host)
Poyudi Hytori - (Host of the News Room)
Panda Of The Twilight - (Host of the The Room of Wisdom and Arts, Advertising Committee Captain.)
Pixilated Envy - (Host of The Room of Wisdom and Arts, Advertising Committee Captain, and leader of Team Envy.)
Whimsical Rhetoric - (Host of The Sea Room)
Lectern - (Host of The Sea Room)
Green Inkling - (Host of The Celebration)
broken_bleeding_angel - (The Host of The Dark Room, Captain of Art Committee, Captain of Contest Committee.)
Shunatsu - (Host of The Dark Room.)
Lady Angelishia - (Host of The Room of Beauty, Captain of the Plot Committee.)
Queen of Nowhere - (Host of The Room of Beauty, Captain of the Plot Committee.)
Lady Elmira - (Host of The Forest Room, Captain of Contest Committee)
Kala Kira - (Captain of Art Committee)
jessieomer - (Captain of Fundraising Committee)
Epcot Illuminations - (Captain of Contest Committee)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 pm
User Image

Should any New Ideas be brought up to improve the News Room, Or things that the News Room can do. It'll be posted here.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 pm
User Image

This will be a full list of NPC's and What they will look like for the ball, for reference.

User Image
Sara DawnTimes

There are at least Two other NPCs, But neither of them have a look, account, or name yet.

Hermes (Hermes the Herald)
Hephaestus (XxRandom_PancakesxX)

The next ones are NPC's that might make an appearance in our room.

Hestia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:01 am
User Image

This post will be used to keep track of how much Gold we will be needing, and will tell how much we have. Although it is very unlikely we'll need funds for anything but the NPCs. This is still here just in-case.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 am
User Image

This is everything else that doesn't fit into any other posts. Random Ideas coming soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Reserved

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:04 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Reserved

...That is me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:05 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Reserved

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:06 am
Enjoy the randomness...

Reserved

...That is me.

Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff