Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Cadbury's Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mis_3a

12,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 pm
My mum was quite upset when she heard that Cadbury's was being taken over by Kraft ... I think she's afraid that the recipe to her favourite choccy may be tinkered with! xD

So GBG:
* how do you feel about the take over?
* what's your favourite Cadbury's product? or do you prefer some other company's?
* anyone ever been to Cadbury World? x3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm
I don't think there's anything good about the takeover, one of the great things about Cadbury was that it was British, we already have Mars who are American and Nestle is Swiss etc and now Cadbury is turning American. I don't think they would change the recipe because then most people would stop buying it, though they are already closing the factory in Bristol I hope they don't open ones in other countries and change how its made. I guess as long as the recipe stays the same though everyone will eventually forget that it's owned by Kraft.

Fav would be Cream eggs, dairy milk and twirl.
xp

I haven't been to Cadbury world but I want to go sometime.  

E113

8,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AkibeJosephus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:55 pm
I fear they will, eventually, change the recipe, look at Terry's, the quality of their chocolate oranges has really gone down hill since they were bought.

For me my favourite Cadbury chocolates were the buttons, Dairy Milk Caramel, and of course Mini Eggs at Easter.

Quite frankly I think that for the majority of British people their first taste of chocolate was the chocolate buttons. If Kraft are smart they won't change it, but sooner or later someone in the company will want to "rebrand" things and that will involve messing around with the recipe evil  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm
I'm not too fussed. Cadbury's don't seem to be a particularly traditional or moral company anyway, so I don't think a take-over by Kraft is any problem except in that the parent company way resolve to alter recipes.

Given that a lot of money was paid because of the merits of the company, it would be economically unwise for Kraft to be seen down-grading the quality of the chocolate anyway.

We've lost Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems is practically US-owned, so why make a fuss about some chocolate bars? Why?

Invictus_88
Captain

Cannibal Horsey

Man-Hungry Lovergirl

12,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 am
Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be?

The recipe will change eventually, I actually prefer galaxy chocolate anyway. But my favourite cadbury's product has to be crème eggs.... mmmm delicious. Can't wait for easter to roll round again so I can stock up
I’m a pirate, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 am
At least we still have BP! Now there's a British company we can be proud of.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Garwaire

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:10 pm
Yeah, even if the company is half American owned, and the US government are putting the blame solely on them, despite the fact it was an American government-branch that was supposed to monitor the US owned oil rig.

Or is that too much to ask of the Obama administration..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:25 pm
Kraft tends to be a decent company, so I think that Cadburry is safe. As long as those deliiicious little eggs don't change, I'm fine.  

MissDarc

Grey-Eyed Boleyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:24 pm
I am furious, because I don't eat Kraft foods. Kraft recieves money from the big tobacco companies, and I have a personal vendetta with them. There go my Cadbury Roses.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:36 am
who needs Cadbury's when you can have thorntons the biggest chocolate maker in the uk the biggest name of boxed chocolate in the high street and in the super market  

thackest2k_TFWR2

Relentless Hunter

6,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Conventioneer 300

SuperSonic595

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:23 am
Samuel Garwood
Yeah, even if the company is half American owned, and the US government are putting the blame solely on them, despite the fact it was an American government-branch that was supposed to monitor the US owned oil rig.

Or is that too much to ask of the Obama administration..

Obama has been an awful president he hasn't done anything bad because he does nothing  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:21 am
Well at least Glass and a Half Full ads are still on. The Spots VS Stripes ad was amazing. But the Bliss ad was very average and boring. Bliss is a delicious bar though 3nodding

My fave products are Mini eggs and Caramel eggs at Easter, Roses at Christmas and Bliss at any other time. And I badly want to go to Cadbury World gonk  

xMockingJay

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

n o i r i s t

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 pm
I loved the eyebrow one, but even more so when Alan Carr did it.

I'm eating a Whispa.
*chomps*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 pm
I hardly think it's correct to place the blame for Deepwater Horizon on the Obama administration, nor even on Tony Hayward. It's entirely the fault of the cost-cutter Lord Browne who is so revered in government right now, he saved BP money during his tenure as CEO by cutting back on the security that could have forseen and prevented such environmental disasters, reaping rewards across the business spectrum for it and never once being questioned. Yes, Hayward continued in this vein, but Browne was the one who created the business model.

On the subject of Cadbury's, I don't much care. I don't want a glass and a half of cow's milk, and as far as I'm aware Cadbury's don't make vegan chocolate anymore since the relocation of the Bourneville factory to France. The only Cadbury's product I DO buy is the Bourneville cocoa powder though even then that's rarely since it can get cross-contaminated with milk.  

loIitoads

For Tomorrow

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 pm
n o i r i s t
I loved the eyebrow one, but even more so when Alan Carr did it.

I'm eating a Whispa.
*chomps*

That was hilarious!! It had Lily Allen too, right? xd  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out