Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What does it have to have in order to be a good Yaoi ? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iKaede Fuyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 pm
Question: In order for you to read or watch a Yaoi(or Doujinshi in considering slash pairings), what must it contain?

Whether it be a good storyline, likeable characters, artwork, too much or too little sex scenes, or even animation.
Many people, like me, must have a requirement to actually sit and enjoy a Yaoi.

For instance, I'm VERY a**l about artwork. If it has bad or crepy artwork, I won't touch it. I really don't care about storylines. I also like only 2guys, I'm not a huge fan of threesomes.

So tell me yours ? :]

Note: If there is a topic like this already, please remove this. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 pm
Hello!

For me I would say, I defiantly care about the artwork. I apparently like my yaoi to be drawn in a certain way. I can't describe it, but there are some style of drawing that makes me turn away. Also I like "pretty boys" as i define them. And a touching story line is simply a cherry on top for me ^^

-SweetMidNightPoison~

SweetMidNightPoison

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:35 am
Interesting characters is so important to me. They need to have personalities and flaws. If the author has that down, I'll read pretty much anything.
I also consider the art. They need to look human, and if at all possible, manly. Too-skinny limbs, small/big heads, girly features and no muscles just annoy me to the point where I can't concentrate on anything else.
For fic, the writing needs to be good, or at least well-edited.
A plot is good too, but I can appreciate a good slice-of-life/one-scene manga/fic. Or pwp.
Also, a nice slice of deviance works wonders.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am
I don't really have a preference for like character types as long as they have decent personalities, but the only thing i really need is beautiful artwork and lots of dialogue/narration.

I really just read them for the story. sex scenes or whathaveyou aren't really important. as long as the story is interesting and the characters are cute, I'm satisfied.  

Soru-kun

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am
It's all about the art style, charactors, and plot for me.

If it remotely looks bara i throw it back on the shelf. I like pretty boys and things like cat or rabbit ears. >.<
I love 'damaged' charactors or abusive story lines. I'm big on fluffy but i prefer angst and blood in my yaoi.
As far as writing goes if it has what i said above it's good to me. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
Mainly, originality. I hate the generic twoo wuv crap with the ukes who look like girls and ******** on the first date. Basically, the characters must look and act like men, the art style can't be too generic, and there needs to be some logic in the story.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 pm
User Image
If it's drawn, it MUST have decent art. As in the people should look fairly pleasing to the eye, at least.

If it's written, it must have decent grammar...

I guess I think more about mechanics...
...But be sure to have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:21 am
No Gambling in Paradix

No, that's good! Mechanics are funny in that people take them for granted when they're done right, but when they're done wrong they stick out like an eyesore.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 pm
Sieffre
No Gambling in Paradix

No, that's good! Mechanics are funny in that people take them for granted when they're done right, but when they're done wrong they stick out like an eyesore.
User Image
I know! It's like

wordwroweroafnal;fhasdfn;as;lfnasodfnasof;nooneronawe dkfjsodfnasldfnsa;fnasofaofasdnflas

And it goes on like that for chunks and chunks and you don't even want to read it.

Or:

omgisay it is so cool. u want 2djf weorufdn awy??

It just gives me a headache...

I like my

He looked up, startled. "Oh! Sorry, I was just...checking inventory. How can I help you?" he asked, flustered.

The man at the counter looked briefly behind him, then to the side. "Do you have...kittens?"

Thanks (heh heh).
...But be sure to have fun!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 pm
[S]quee
I like pretty boys and things like cat or rabbit ears. >.<

-looks at my signature- .__.
Me too. :]

@ No Gambling in Paradix : I know exactly what you mean.

I also dislike stories that have the same. exact. plot. No one seems to be very original these days.

iKaede Fuyou

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 am
good lemon, art or story  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 pm
The animation(or art if manga/doujin) and the style of the charaters, also I like a plot where it takes a while to get to the lemon. I don't believe in easy love, lemons right off the bat in yaoi seems, for lack of a better word, "trashy"  

kiyomiuchiha01

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

Slipping Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 am
An overall impression...i think the personalities are most important though...followed by their respective looks, and then the storyline  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 am
The artstyle (If the art bothers me too much I litterly have to crawl to read it) and Storyline I don't like seeing a quick-to-get-the-mains-in-bed plots. -_-;;;  

black moon girl

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 pm
What I like in the manga I read when it comes to Yaoi would definitely be a good storyline, decent character development, romance & a little comedy too.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff