Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Maple Story Startup Error

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 pm
So I seem to be having a very difficult time trying to get onto MS. I recently wanted to start playing again after some time without playing and repatched and installed the game, but when I went to turn the game on, AVG decided it wanted to tell me that the .exe file was a virus. Ontop of this, Windows says that:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

Which to me is odd in itself since I am the admin of this computer. On top of that, I can't right click on the .exe file and run as admin. I went to the support page on the website and made it compatible with Vista, But it still does not want to work. Can someone help me at all with this? It would mean quite a bit to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:01 pm
Alright, well I found out what the issue was. AVG 8.5 does not support the new Maple Story patches, so I had to install 9.0 and do a restore of the file. Thus making everything all happy in the world again so I could play on my funny character names like itsmelgibson or cunnawhat. ^_^  

evilbrainbabies

SinfulNekoBot1

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:37 pm
Can you help me? biggrin I can't play.... I tried patching but whenever it tries to patch, it says it can't connect to server.... D:  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games