Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Your MC! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scipio243
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Thought I'd get something going - rolling stone gathers no moss, this stone (sub-forum) isn't rolling, and it's gathering moss. Gross. xp

So here's a simple topic for all: tell us a bit about your main character (Have several? Pick your favorite! Or post more than one, I don't care.) Just state their name and a small bit about them (Keep whatever details hidden if you truly desire. I know people can be paranoid about sharing their writing.)

Just tryin' to get a little conversation up and running in this ghost-town sub-forum, we'll see how it goes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm
.:.:Aldare:.:.

Aldare is a student at The Academy in the Kingdom he has lived in for as long as he can remember. He never knew his parents, what happened to them, or how he wound up in the Kingdom he's in. He was raised by the professor's at the school and any other citizens willing to help.

He is constantly failing in school, earning him a lot of lectures from the frustrated professors who had raised him, and the only class he is truly successful in is his combat class, where he can defeat any of his classmates in a sparring match.

Finally, one day as he returns home from school, he is met by an intruder who has broken into his home. The intruder later is revealed as a dragon rider, taking Aldare far from his home city in an epic adventure to end a secret war at the opposite end of the globe.  

Scipio243
Crew

edward_sledge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:27 pm
Sounds like a cool story, Scipio.

Alexander Norwood

Alex is a mage living in an iron castle just inside the walls of Essex City. He makes a living selling magic trinkets and charms, and spends his free time searching for the magic secrets and spells lost during the calamity that ravaged the world several hundred years ago and nearly destroyed the human race.

He was a terrible disappointment to his family, first when he turned away from the family tradition of leatherwork to pursue magic, and again when he revealed his attraction to other men. In a world where continuing the family line was considered a son or daughter's sacred duty, his refusal to get married and make babies was considered a betrayal to his family.

He spends much of his time alone, finding the fringe-dwellers too crude and violent, and the upper-class of the inner-city too snobbish and pretentious. His one constant companion is a red serpentine dragon that he found outside the city walls, the creature suffering from horrible wounds probably inflicted by raiders or hunters. He was forced to amputate one front leg. Infection weakened the dragon's heart, but he was able to build a clockwork mechanism to help the heart beat, as well as a mechanical prosthetic leg. The clockwork heart must be wound twice a day, and since Alex has the only key that will open the iron plate on the dragon's chest, the dragon has no choice but to remain close to him.

Alex is insatiably curious, with a chivalrous streak that often gets him into trouble, but his quick tongue is usually able to get him out again. When that fails, he is skilled with a sword and has an arsenal of minor magic tricks at his disposal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:53 am
Hehe, your Essex City just reminds me of Essex, which is our neighbouring chav filled county xD Edward

Theodoros...

Theodoros is a complicated story of an extremely complicated joining of two of the most powerful Greek Gods. He enjoys life and has lived for centuries protecting Atlantis, before sacrificing his life for his people.

Now, in the present day, he wishes to pull up Atlantis for the remaining Atlantis. However...he knows the cost but will it cost him the only chance of love?

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am
Adele

Adele wakes locked in an underground cellar having no memory of her past or how she got there. She is very weak from lack of sustenance, but finds herself among friends in the large country estate, Rosehead Manor. The house is now home to two separate private schools, as the children have been moved from the cities surrounding due to the on-going war. Although Adele is confused as to why she is here, she soon settles into life as a student at Rosehead, making friends and adjusting comfortably.

Adjusting, that is, until she begins to have strange dreams and haunting fragments of what could be memories that won't let her settle. Her sleep is disturbed, and a comment from a fellow student 'I know you' sets her entirely on edge. She begins to wonder if she is going crazy, or if she has a past that she should know about - and her only friend is a boy from the neighbouring school who she definitely shouldn't be talking to...

Things soon get out of hand when she makes friends with the snobbish daughter of the owner of Rosehead, who imparts a friendly history lesson about her ancestors, all of which sounds incredibly familiar. Eventually Adele begins to wonder if she is from this period of time at all, and why she can only remember things that terrify her. Is she crazy, or is it all the truth?

=O

Sorry, I rambled.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 pm
Sesekana

The future queen of the elfin tribe. she doesn't want to be queen because if she becomes queen than her father must go to war. she fears for her father. she is kidnapped during the cermony and she would rather be kidnapped than become queen. she is scared like a doe in hunting season.thats it biggrin  

thomlina

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Puppa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm
Oriana, a halfling princess of one of my story's kingdoms. Has absolutely no interest in her royal title. Trained briefly at a priestess' academy in order to learn healing magic, but purposely failed the final tests in order to get out of having to walk that path. Brash and short-tempered, she has zero patience with children and idiocy; she also likes to make witty or sarcastic remarks while around people she considers close, and when within hearing distance of 'religious' remarks due to back story that I don't care to reveal. Has a fear of thunderstorms stemming from childhood, and secretly fears being ignored. After a major point in the story, she thinks her homeland has been destroyed and that her parents are dead, though has no way to verify either for over two years.

I guess that's her in a brief summary sort of way. She's one of my favorite MCs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 pm
Julian Kain, recently has gone through his magical inheritance and yet more disaster has appeared in his life. He has joined the rebel group Libertas, against the Sorcerer Council, wanting equal rights for magical creatures. He's a necromancer by profession, with a little ice elemental now due to a connection with one. And with all this tension between Nicholai and him...where will it end? Haha. Julian's twin, Odion, is his main opponent as he climbs the ranks in the Council.

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nightmare1

Hallowed Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:54 pm
No names because N is selfish.

My current MC is a struggling near-orphaned college student (his mother took him and left his abusive father when he was eight, and she died just before he graduated high school) who has a job that he can hardly live on, is living in a cruddy apartment in a bad part of town, barely keeping on top in school, and forcing himself to more or less get through life.

He ends up roped into a lot of supernatural circumstances by merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time and in the process, is forced to face his own inner demons as well as the literal ones.

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity: Sounds like the kind of story I would read.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm
Rose Thorn, seemingly an average person in the year 1,001,012, where the world old… you would never guess that she had stopped aging at the age of 16 in the year 2012. She along with many other special trained fighters is trying to get the world back to what it was… before demons, vampires, and well… everything. Though it seems impossible it doesn’t help that every 1,000 years rose loses her memory from the shot which will keep her from aging and keep her alive… so she doesn’t just have to remember one life, but many… along with fighting creatures that hate her, love her, and those who she had never meant

((i want write this book where she has so many diffrent lifes, that i am now doing all this planning before it))  

11linda

Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 pm
Nightmare: I'm glad you think it sounds interesting! I have a couple of chapters posted on Gaia, and it's edited now, but I'm still not happy with it. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 pm
I think I will take a look.  

Nightmare1

Hallowed Phantom

Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:52 am