Reply The Music Artists Guild
The "If I Were A Famous Musician..." Game Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fenpex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Yeah, I'm betting a lot of us won't end up being famous for writing music, but it's fun to fantasize right?

This is how it works.
Post ONE thing per comment that you would do if you were a famous musician.
This is so that the thread doesn't die right away, and you guys keep posting razz

I'll start...

If I were a famous musician I would... Wear my octopus costume to an interview/concert.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 pm
i dont wanna be famous per se. i'd like to be known, but not mainstream.  

A B Up Start

Fenpex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 pm
You can be famous, but not mainstream.
Muse, MGMT, Radiohead, and Iron and Wine are all pretty darn tootin famous, and none of which are mainstream.

Well Muse is a little more mainstream now, but that's only because their new album sucks a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm
if you can say a band name and ppl that dont even listen to that genre know who they are thats mainstream enough.

and i think iron and wine are the only nonstream band you listed...well being on the twilight soundtrack might've changed that.

i mean bands that arnt signed or on little local labels that are still somewhat well know by fans of the genre  

A B Up Start

Fenpex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm
A B Up Start
if you can say a band name and ppl that dont even listen to that genre know who they are thats mainstream enough.

and i think iron and wine are the only nonstream band you listed...well being on the twilight soundtrack might've changed that.

i mean bands that arnt signed or on little local labels that are still somewhat well know by fans of the genre

MGMT isn't very mainstream. They're famous, yes but nobody else has their style... So they're not really mainstream... Mainstream would be like My Chemical Romance, or Green Day. (they've set a musical trend)
Ok, a few other really well known non-mainstream artists... Calexico, Mates Of State, Justice, and Crystal Castles.

Mainstream means that their style is according to what's "popular" or what the new striving genre is. (yes I looked up mainstream on dictionary.com just to double check, lol)

The term mainstream means trend, dominant course, or tendency.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm
When I become a famous musician I will travel the world and learn as much as I can!  

Tim SoulSurfer

Deleted_Account_01048965

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:29 pm
I'll find a guitar, just like Hideto Matsumoto's (X Japan). That's the best freaking guitar evah, you ppl have no idea heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 am
the first thing i would do if i became famous is i would go out and get my hair and nails done to look really unique and i would go get new clothes to make myself my own person instead of just what the company wants me to do.
i kno it may sound a little girly but trust me i would look practically every thing but girly  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fenpex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 am
If I were famous I would try to dance really goofy and weird while performing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 pm
If i were famous I would travel anywhere and everywhere and share my music with people and I would listen to all other kinds of music and help struggling people everywhere o.o  

Protecter_Soul

jammiesammy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:44 am
If I were famous I would buy my parents a really ace house and they'd never worry about bills ever again, but im happy not beng famous. I have my fan base and its comfortable, I dont think i'd like to suddenly be thrust into the world of major music and popularity.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 am
if you can't be true to yourself before becoming famous how do you expect to be true to yourself after becoming famous? on that note, I'd be who I am with or without fame. and besides, if the record companies are telling you what to do or who to be, I'd find another label and fast.  

Space_Monkee

A B Up Start

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:24 am
Space_Monkee
if you can't be true to yourself before becoming famous how do you expect to be true to yourself after becoming famous? on that note, I'd be who I am with or without fame. and besides, if the record companies are telling you what to do or who to be, I'd find another label and fast.

ditto.

ppl should make music cuz they love it, not for fame or fortune.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm
If I become famous whatever otherwise I will just enjoy my music.  

alexandria rose thorn

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:39 pm
do you even make music?  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items