Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Kitsune Leonheart gym/weight loss journal. oh the long road Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:18 pm
This is going to be my gym update journal, showing my before, and current pictures.

As of January 13, 2010. I started to go to the gym in order to finally complete the body I've decided I wanted. Something lean and fit and buffed, but not to much muscle.

User Image
This picture was taken back in September of 2009. It's practically the same how I looked before I had went to the gym. In that picture I was 201, wore a size 33 pants, and a small t-shirt. That picture was after I had lost 50 pounds in a 6 month plan that started February 23, 2009. I was 18, and was 6'1 (still the same height). I also have a large body frame.

User Image
This picture was taken today, January 25, 2010. It marks 13 days I have been going to the gym. In that photo my chest is more firm, along with my biceps, triceps, shoulders, and abbs. I am currently tightening everything up using weights from 35-40 pounds. In that picture, my BMI is 19% and my weight is 199. My pant size is now a comfortable size 32. I am 19 in this picture, and still 6'1"

My goal overall for my self is to get down to 8% body fat by June 13, 2010. If not, I am more then all happy with just 10% body fat. But doing this will be great achievement for my self.

I am also planning on meeting a friend of mine, of June this year. He hasn't seen me for 3 years. He has seen me in photo's on my profile but in person, I am sure his mouth would drop after he see's the new body I worked hard to obtain.

My diet consists of raw foods. I eat about 6-7 meals a day. 200-300 calories each meal. I workout everyday and work my each muscle group every 5-6 days. 2-3 days to heal, and 3 days for the muscle to harden.

I do a 5 minute warm-up first, then I do weights, abbs, then cardio for 30 minutes.

If I don't have weights on one day then I do abbs, then cardio.

Every time I workout I try to burn at least 500-600 calories. Most of the time I believe it's like 545 on average. My friend did some calculations for me, and said I burn 3153 calories a day. I think that's for the calories I burn at the gym and also the calories that my body burns off of food consumed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:36 pm
I am also going to use this journal to record what I eat, what I workout, and how much calories I burn at the gym.

Here are my stats when I started to go to the gym:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 201
Pant size: 33
Shirt size: small  

Nicodemas

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am
Day 14

Breakfast: whole grain oats 1 cup, with half an apple, and half a banana, diced up into the oat meal as a natural sweetener. 1 cup of orange juice as well. (It's no Lucky Charms, but hey, this sort of eating did help me lose 53 pounds so far.)

*Leaves to gym in 45 minutes*. (Always have a meal 45 minutes before you workout. It's a little bit of fuel to help your body start up.)

Gym workout: 5 min warm-up on stair climber. Abbs. 30 minutes on stair climber again for cardio.

Snack: Had the rest of my Banana, and apple.

Lunch: Chicken handful

Snack: 2 piece's Cantaloupe

Dinner: Handful of chicken, plain lettuce.

Snack: 1tbs of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of seeds.

Half gallon of water through out the whole day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 pm
Wow, I can't wait to see your progress! Raw foods sound great. Is it expensive?

Best of luck! <3
-Star

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

There is a man among us! ^__^ Welcome and good luck!! Looking forward to seeing a change!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 pm
Stars in my Pocket
Wow, I can't wait to see your progress! Raw foods sound great. Is it expensive?

Best of luck! <3
-Star

You are eating them in raw state mostly without being cooked, like vegi's and beans.  

Nicodemas

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 pm
Anbaachan

There is a man among us! ^__^ Welcome and good luck!! Looking forward to seeing a change!

You know when I first joined. I thought this was mostly a 98% woman's weight loss guild and it just may be, lol. Or there is a lot of quiet guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 am
Day 15

Weight weigh in this mourning: 198.4

Breakfast: Whole grain Rasin Brand 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup of 2% fat reduced milk. 2 small slices of Cantaloupe.

Snack: 2 slices of cantaloupe

Lunch: Handful amount of chicken

Snack: 2 tbs of peanut butter, whey protein powder. 32 grams

Dinner: salad, with tomatoes and diced carrots. no dressing.

Snack: un salted nuts.

Water consumed for the day: 1/2 gallon.

Workout for the day: Did none. I had to rest my body. Legs were sore from Monday's leg weights.(God my a** was sore today).  

Nicodemas

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 am
Day 16

Weight this mourning: 198. (Alright, that's 4 ounces less then what I weighed yesterday!)

Breakfast: Whole grain Rasin Brand 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup of 2% fat reduced milk. 2 small slices of Cantaloupe.

Snack: 10 whole wheat crackers

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Snack:

Water consumed for the day: 1/2

Workout for the day:
Name of the weight machine and sets, lbs, and reps.
5 minute warm up on cross ramp. 43 calories

Vertical Chest 3 sets, 15 reps. 35 pounds

Incline Press 3 sets, 15 reps. 35 pounds

Pectoral Fly 3 sets, 15 reps. 35 pounds

Vertical Chest 3 sets, 15 reps. 35 pounds

Decline Press 3 sets 15 reps. 10 pounds

Pectoral Fly, 3 sets 15 reps. 45 pounds

Incline press 3 sets 15 reps. 40 pounds

Free weights shoulder motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 4 pounds

Free weights chest motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 4 pounds

Free weights shoulder motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 2 pounds

Free weights chest motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 2 pounds

Free weights shoulder motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 0 pounds

Free weights chest motion, 1 set, 15 reps. 0 pounds

Abbs- crunches

Cardio - cross ramp 37 minutes 300 calories burned from that.

Not really sure how much calories I burn when doing weights.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 am
I actually have some good news for you. :] The ".4" on the scale is tenths of pounds, not ounces (which is 1/16th of a pound) so you actually lost 6.4 ounces, not just 4!

I know, it's not huge, but it's more than you thought, and it's very good! <3 Congrats!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 am
Stars in my Pocket
I actually have some good news for you. :] The ".4" on the scale is tenths of pounds, not ounces (which is 1/16th of a pound) so you actually lost 6.4 ounces, not just 4!

I know, it's not huge, but it's more than you thought, and it's very good! <3 Congrats!

That's great then ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 am
Day 17

Weight this mourning: ? (Not sure, forgot to weigh my self).

Breakfast: 1 cup of Rasin Brand, no milk. An apple.

Snack: 10 whole wheat crackers

Lunch:
Salmon.

Snack: 1 Tbs of peanut-butter.
Slept through dinner and the snack.
Dinner:

Snack:

Water consumed for the day: 1/2 gallon.

Workout for the day:
5 minute warm up on Elliptical. 61 calories

Name of machine including sets, lbs, and reps.

Preacher Curl; 3 sets. 35 lbs. 15 reps.

Standing Bicep curl/cable; 3 sets. 30 lbs. 15 reps.

Hammer Strength; 3 sets. 30 lbs. 15 reps.

Arm Curl; 3 sets. 30 lbs. 15 reps.

Lat Pull Down; 3 sets. 55 lbs. 15 reps.

Seated Bicep curl/cable; 3 sets. 35 lbs. 20 reps.

Seated Row; 3 sets. 35 lbs. 20 reps.

1 Hand Bicep curl/cable standing; 3 sets. first 2 sets lbs 30, last set 40 lbs. 12 reps for the first 2 sets, the last set 10 reps.

Abbs.

30 minutes on the Elliptical. 401 calories.

Nicodemas

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:39 am
Day 18

Weight this mourning: ? (Probably will just weigh my self Monday Feb 1.).

Breakfast: 2 eggs with yolk. 2 Tbs of peanut-butter. (Not sure if peanut-butter is safe to have for weight loss. I know it has protein, but I am worried about the oil content.)

Snack: 1 cup of mixed fruit.

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Snack:

Water consumed for the day:

Workout for the day:
5 minute warm up on Elliptical. 61 calories

Name of machine including sets, lbs, and reps.

No weights for today.

Abbs; doing crunches.

Cardio 25 minutes. 371 calories burned.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:44 am
Interesting story that happen to me while at the gym this mourning. So I was doing my crunches on a mat. I get up to do some side twists, and I happen to notice this old man on weight machine lifting a lot of weight. I was quite shocked and couldn't help to go over to the older gentlemen and ask a little about him.

First thing I asked was. "uh excuse me sir, but I notice you are really good shape, you don't suppose if you could tell me your age"?

He get's up off the weight machine, Flex's both arms. Both his biceps, shoulders, and triceps muscles went out about 4 inches. My mouth dropped. He smiled and said, "I am 83 and still going strong" wink . "You exercise for the rest of your life you will probably add 12 years on your life."

He then lifted up his shirt and showed me his 6 pac ._.

Nicodemas

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 pm

D: That is fantastic. What an inspiration. I need more things like that in my life. -__-;

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff