Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form
New and wandering town Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:10 pm
GPS only did good when someone knew where they wanted to go, when they didn't, well then they had a problem, which was the problem that Veronica was currently stuck in. Which somehow left her standing at what she guessed was considered downtown for around here, leaning against her car with a vaguely amused smile. Figuring out where she wanted to go should not have been this hard on a saturday night, it being the second night she was in town she wanted to go somewhere and have some fun before having to focus on unpacking and work.

It just wasn't working out in her favor however, having been turned away from one place for not meeting their dress codes had only lead to her finding another place that was just over run with pimply faced kids. Somewhere there had to be a hopping place that wasn't full of hormonal teenagers, were there no adults left that like to play every once and a while? Still she couldn't say it was nice to out, to have a reason, or lack of one so far, to dress up a little for something other than work. Now if only there was somewhere to be to make it more worth while.

Another small smirk and she pushed off her car and wrapped her coat around her a little better before strolling down the sidewalk, she had to find somewhere that looked interesting, or something interesting would find her. By now she'd go either way as long as something, anything, happened.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 pm
Is it Saturday again, already? Not that the Immortal known as Etienne Theriot has to bother with work as anything other than a way to pass the time, but has always enjoyed a Saturday night out.

Besides, having finally gotten over Sandra's murder, he's gotten tired of being single again.

So it is that just as the sun is going down in Seacouver, Etienne is cruising the downtown streets for something fun to do. No offense to Joe Dawson, but he's been hanging out there a lot since he moved to Seacouver and is in the mood for something different.

Pulling onto one of the main drags, Etienne pulls his motorcycle into an empty space and comes to a stop. Gathering the long duster he wears only because it looks cool billowing out from the Harley, he removes his sunglasses (not needed much now, anyway) and tucks them inside his helmet. That done, he heads off down the sidewalk, off to see what fun he can turn up this evening.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 pm
It struck her as odd that only half a block down the sidewalk she was on the receiving end of a warning tingle which almost made her shiver, she always did think that was just a weird feeling. Not shivering still got her to pause and glance around, sure it gave her away, but really it wasn't fair, she just wanted to have fun, not get bloody, those were two completely different things. There was the possibility they where in a building close by and thus not in sigh, that would just make her night, so with that thought she smiled hopefully and decided to continue picking her way along the street.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:08 pm
Etienne arches a brow and glances around as he detects the familiar buzz of another Immortal, then shrugs and rolls his eyes. All the rumors a few years back said that the Gathering was supposed to take place in New York City, but every Immortal and their second cousin is popping up here nowadays. No wonder Adam is so paranoid.

Anyway, Etienne's not looking for a fight at the moment...when you think about it, he's never been much of an aggressive headhunter anyway. As she suspected, Veronica's glancing gave her away, so he heads in that direction...if anything, to reassure her Etienne isn't out for trouble.

"Just so I know," He says with one of his best smiles, "Which kind of greeting would you prefer? I can tell a joke, ask for a light, offer a particularly idiotic pickup line, or just say hi."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 pm
Had to tilt her head a touch on that, still with a smile, "I'd have to go with either a joke or idiotic pickup line. Smoking is painful after a while and everyone starts with hi." See she wasn't bothered at all, though his gesture was nice none the less, "I can't say I've heard a pickup line of any type directed at me in years."

A shrug on that note, "This is your stance on being harmless for the evening I am to hope? If it's leading towards violence I have to say you have an unique approach." Would earn him points, either way he went just becuase amusement in life was always a goo thing, and he was amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 am
Etienne chuckles a bit in response. "Yes indeed, totally harmless...I tend to lok for a better reason than 'there can be only one,' and you frankly don't seem near nasty enough to provide one."

He arches a brow at the rest of what she says. "Not in years, you say? That's kinda hard to believe. Okay..." He scratches at the stubble of his beard to think. He grins and snaps his fingers.

"Hello, my name is Etienne Theriot, and I think this belongs to you." He produces a random key off his chain and offers it to Veronica. "The key to my heart."

So its more goofy than idiotic. Sue him.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:53 pm
Veronica gave a soft musical laugh on that, almost surprising herself as she covered her mouth with her hand at his display. "You are a funny one, I've had students like you, that thought themselves charming, somehow I'm thinking you might do better." Still none the less she recovered well enough and ran fingers through her hair to flip it over her shoulder, too use to having her hair pulled back.

"Well Erienne Theriot, I suppose I should offer the same hospitality, Veronica Estates." Even gave a small curtsy, going with the mood of the conversation and her playful tone, "And alas I must protest, I never collect hearts upon first meeting."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:16 pm
"You don't? You must not be a doctor, then." Etienne responds with a laugh. "Anyway, you don't have to collect anything right away, you just hold the key."

And it may be somewhat dated, but Etienne bends and kisses Veronica's hand. If anything, it's a lot less lame than modern greetings. "Veronica Estates, how nice to meet you. As for thinking I'm charming, I can provide references if the need arises."

A grin. "I'm also hungry. What about you?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:31 pm
"Not a doctor, no, chemistry teacher." Had to smile again at his greeting, it had been years since she had that happen to her either, but no need to say that. "I don't trust references anymore, technology makes them easier to fake. But as for hunger, that I can relate to." Maybe it was odd that she was being so amused by him, but then it was better than trying to be annoyed or something similar.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm
Etienne has no issues with being found amusing...in fact, it's often an effect he goes for. "Well then, let's do something about that." He waves his hand down the street. "What's your favorite color? With this information, I will find a sign or light with the matching color and procure a feast worthy of this occasion."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 pm
A glance around on that, most likely to look at signs before shaking her head lightly, "Not sure brown is going to work for that, for some reason places avoid brown when trying to draw attention. And trust me, my pick of places is servilely lacking tastes without my foreknowledge." Sad but true, it was just normal for her to pick the one place where the cook is having a bad day, or get the waiter that hates the world or something worse. "So lets go on trust and you pick."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 am
Etienne laughs. "I appreciate your confidence. Let's see..." Moving a little farther down the sidewalk, a few other places come into view. "This looks like a good possibility..."

He's stopped outside a small family owned Italian restaurant...looks like it's family enough that you get authentic food in pretty hefty portions. Granted the decorations aren't the best, but it looks comfortable enough. There are even a couple of musicians wandering the place with violins and accordians.

He looks back to Veronica. "Good night for pasta, don't you think?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 pm
Veronica of course followed along as he glanced along choices, barely looking herself, was so much easier to have someone else chose after all. His stopping almost got her to run into him as she blinked owlishly, she hadn't been paying any attention to surroundings, shame on her, though her reasoning was good at least, she'd been watching him.

At his question she had the grace to look properly bemused before following his line of sight, "Cute." Was a yes in some form, she was sure, none the less she followed with a slightly clearer answer, "As good a night as possible, and it means if it's terrible I can blame you." Her light tone put a playful twist on her words not that she waited for a response before entering the establishment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Etienne didn't have the slightest problem with Veronica's playful tone...it does, in fact, encourage him to respond in kind. "Sounds fair to me...I tell you what, if this evening turns out to be anything less than perfcct, I'll submit myself to you for full punishment."

Following her into the restaurant, Etienne finds a free booth which seems comfortable enough. As the waitress starts to head in their direction, he asks, "You up for a bottle of wine? A friend of mine got me hooked on the good stuff recently."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Vesta Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 am
"Long as you don't say white." Her answer for the wine, "Never have been too big on wine but I won't turn it down either." After all it'd go with the setting as well. Veronica had settled herself easily enoug at the table, smoothing her skirt back straight. If she had know she woukd end up at dinner she wouldn't have worn the full skirted flirty outfit, it was a good playing outfit though. Wouldn't have been her choice for meeting other immortals, much less going to dinner.

Moving past that she flashed a smile, "Not sure I should hope the evening goes well or not now though." After all she could have fun with the whole punishment factor.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff