Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
please help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:31 pm
my parents are extreme conservatives and wont let me research wiccan but i want to know the holidays and guidelines, all i know so far is how to do simple candle magick and i need to create a small altar but i dont know what to put on it so i can hide it quickly. basicly i need to know the holidays, what to do, what to put on an altar, and how to thank the gods.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:55 pm
well this suks  

darkviewoflife13

natas_kitty420

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:00 pm
basicly i need to know the holidays, what to do, what to put on an altar, and how to thank the gods.

The Wiccan holidays are Samhain, Yule, Candlemas, Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnasadh, and Samhain (the new year). The next one that is coming is Yule, on December 21. What you do on the holidays are your decision, but a lot of people do ritual.

What you put on an altar is also your decision. I put two illuminator candles on it, a green one for the goddess and a red one for the god, my wand, pentacle, and salt and water. (In ritual there is a lot more). Some people have less stuff and some people have more.

To thank the gods (and goddesses), you can just say "thank you". Thats all it takes, but some people like to leave offerings on their altar or in nature.

You can PM me if you have any more questions about Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:22 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1801812
Just in case, here's a guide to coming out of the broom closet. smile  

Something to Replace

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:57 pm
lol thanks and what do you do on rituals?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:11 pm
darkviewoflife13
lol thanks and what do you do on rituals?
Personally, it varies.
For Yule, it's basicly what people do to celebrate Christmas. Yule is actaully the origin of Christmas. The difference is Wiccans don't celebrate Yule for the birth of Christ.
Wanna know a secret? Highlight: I think Christmas is more of a fluke! eek (Highlighted so no one is offended sweatdrop )

I'll post some ways to celebrate Yule. smile  

Something to Replace

Something to Replace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:12 pm
These are my notes on the Sabbat Yule from three different books I own.

Notes from: Wicca Craft
--What--
*festival of the sun's rebirth to honor God
*Love, family togetherness, and accomplishments of the past year are also celebrated; a farewell to the Great mother and welcome the reborn God who rules the "dark half of the year."
*corresponded with the Roman Saturnalia (Dec. 17-24), Pagan fertility rites, and various rites of sun-worship
--How--
-Celebrations-
*decorating the tree, hanging mistletoe and holly, and burning the Yule log
*Food: roasted turkey, nuts, fruitcakes, caraway rolls, eggnog, and mulled wine
--Why--
-Explanations of Celebrations-
*Yule log
-burned to give life and power to the sun which was thought of as being reborn at Winder Solstice
-the bonfire was later replaced by the indoor burning of logs and red candles carved with solar signs and other magickal symbols
*Tree
-pine groves are associated with the Great Mother Goddess
-light and ornaments hung on the tree as decorations are actually decorations of the sun, moon, and stars as they appear in the Cosmic Tree of life
*The Christmas spirit Santa Claus was at one time the Pagan god of Yule

Notes from: Living Wicca
Symbolism- Renewal and rebirth during Winter
Symbols-Colors are red and green; wheel symbol, evergreens, Yule log, small potted tree
Traditions-Fires lit, candles carried around in the circle, Yule log

Notes from: The Craft: A Witch's Book of Shadows
--Who--
-Deities-
Mother Berta
Father Winter
Santa Claus
Kriss Kringle
St. Nick
Kings of Holly and Oak
--Why--
Yule comes from the Scandinavian word Jul, meaning wheel.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:38 pm
~Pinches the bridge of her nose~

Why are you people encouraging a minor to disobey her parents?  

TeaDidikai

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:39 pm
trust me i dont need encouragement >: )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:45 pm
darkviewoflife13
trust me i dont need encouragement >: )
That's cute and all, but to be blunt, until you are either a) 18, or b) emincipated, you put reasonable adults who would otherwise like to help you in a very bad position.  

TeaDidikai

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:50 pm
yea i know, trully i'm not evil  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:12 pm
darkviewoflife13
yea i know, trully i'm not evil
I'm not calling you evil. I'm saying your actions are disrespectful of those of us who are responsable adults and your parents.  

TeaDidikai

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:25 pm
if you ask my parents they will say i am a good kid, to their face i show no disrespect but i no longer go to them with my problems. because they made their judgment with no proof or information i obey them and i listen to what they have to say but their oppionion means less to me  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:51 pm
darkviewoflife13
if you ask my parents they will say i am a good kid, to their face i show no disrespect but i no longer go to them with my problems. because they made their judgment with no proof or information i obey them and i listen to what they have to say but their oppionion means less to me

Ummm... you don't obey them. We've established this- and what proof do you wish them to give you?

I can cite Biblical verses that would lead a parent to keep their child away, I can also post some information as to why my children aren't going to be going behind my back to find religion.

While I will disagree with their choices- they are your parents, and you are pretty darn ungrateful, which, for someone who wishes to grow up and become a Wiccan, should call into question the seriousness of which you take your word, and how you would treat the members of any coven you join.  

TeaDidikai

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:28 am
i wish they would give me a good reason other than i dont want you to. and i am respecting them to a point the i have not done any magic in the house, or in the yard and i could have while they wernt home i am only doing reserch and i am keeping it hidden because they would take away the little bit of a social life i finally have if they found out  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff