Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
Room Characters Mules. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes!
  No!
  Other! (Please post)
View Results

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm
Ok so I was making my mule for the ball and I tried naming it NPC Hades. Well if Gaia hasn't pissed me off already. It wont let me. It wont let anyone make a mule with NPC in front if it.

So I tried several other different ways for Hades. All of them were taken. Great. gonk .

So what I did was put the abbreviation for Annual Ball Character (ABC) in front and I got it.

So my mule for the ball is ABC_Hades. It looks retarded, I know, but I can't use NPC which pissed me off.

So I was thinking we could make mules and put ABC_ in front of their names so people know that they're part of the AB.

Yes I know other people could make their own ABC_ characters but we'd have a list up of the characters so people know and such. Give them ample warning for potential spammer, scammers and plot plunderers.

Yes, no? Thoughts and concerns.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:10 pm
dont like the underscore...  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm
Then don't use one. That's just what I put, ok?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm
What about a greek name infront of it?

Like something that means underworld or dark or something?

I've been doing some research, and i think we might be able to do something really cool!  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm
I also thought about maybe using the original gods' names but with an epitaph. For example, Demeter is known respectively as Demeter Potnia, Demeter Erinys, etc.

So are we going to make NPCs? I know last year people used their regular accounts to host. I like the idea of NPCs but I also like the idea of using my main account because I am much more active on her and it will make things smoother.

Hmm . . . but I will probably go with whatever everyone else does, to keep it consistent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:15 pm
I liked that we used our main accounts last year, but it was easier to last year.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm
I honestly don't know what we should do.

Maybe we should put it to a vote?

I have discovered a few more things in my research as well that may pose a problem depending upon the plot and a few characters.

Edit:

the only names I could think of of the top of my head that were not taken were:

-King of the god's Zeus
-Goddess Queen Hera
-Greek goddess Hestia  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Ask SimplySimone if she can make NPC accounts for the annual ball's use?

Edit: SimplySimone is the Admin who gave us the forum and announcement last year. I except that she'll be the one to do the same for us this year. But this request should come from the annual ball's Host through the annual ball account, to be official.

...That is me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm
That would be an awesome privilege. I'd be afraid the mods wouldn't agree to that for fear that we'd abuse it. But it's definitely worth a shot. c:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 pm
I personally think the mains would be easier, then switching constantly between accounts, as I have seen mules go totally inactive that were needed, and it happens often that a mule isn't on as much as it needs to be, so we should let the room's decide themselves.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm
Has anyone followed up with this? Just curious. ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 pm
I am definitely not using a mule, mostly because that would require me to make a new one. I have 1 named LV mule, but I used all the name changes and I hate paying 10k for something like that.

So unless we decide we must use NPC's for the ball (meaning I am not allowed to use my main), I will most definitely be using this account.

I don't think it'll be that hard for people to keep track of mods and hosts. One thing we could do is have everyone that is a host or mod use a special posting style, or post in a specific color, and say in the rules that only the hosts and mods can post like that.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 pm
hmmm, why not use a posting style? like luna's idea, but a step further. for example, the style could all be the same, like the same border or whatever, but with the name of the character on the top, and in different colors? it'd make everything so much clearer to the attendees. =S  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm
I havent taken this any further yet, because i was waiting to talk to sabs. I think that the best idea would be to have all of the room's vote on it and majority win, so it is all consistant. I will have something up in the next few days, im sick with the flu.  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm
mmkay well feel better!  
Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]