Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Ok here it goes. (7 pounds lost!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:16 am
I guess to stay motivated I will post here, my goal is to lose 20-30 pounds. I am actually at a good weight, just do not like my hips. I am 40 inches around the hips. I will weigh myself every half inch I lose, because it is self defeating to weight when I know I have not lost. By next week, I expect to have lost half a inch. I will run and eat healthy. My guilty pleasure is chocolate.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 pm
godblessedthebrokenroad
I guess to stay motivated I will post here, my goal is to lose 20-30 pounds. I am actually at a good weight, just do not like my hips. I am 40 inches around the hips. I will weigh myself every half inch I lose, because it is self defeating to weight when I know I have not lost. By next week, I expect to have lost half a inch. I will run and eat healthy. My guilty pleasure is chocolate.

Maybe you need to work more on toning your hips if that is your problem area and you are already a healthy weight.  

Goldenlici

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 pm
You are probably right smile How do I tone my hips though? Will running do that or do I need to do something else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:19 pm
godblessedthebrokenroad
You are probably right smile How do I tone my hips though? Will running do that or do I need to do something else?

Running is more aerobic than toning. I mean it would work, but probably a lot slower than a strength training exercise for your hips, which can work pretty fast if you really work at it for a few minutes every single day. You can look up some good exercises online. I sometimes look at sparks people.  

Goldenlici

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 pm
That is good, I have started running for about thirty minutes a day. I hope it is enough. It is so hard to excercise on the time of the month though crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am
I have been running and drinking water, but when my cycle comes it is so hard to excercise, and on top of that water gain every month. crying Probably should not measure at that time.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 am
Day 3

Ok, I am trying to take some more vitamins so as to keep my body healthy. I am also trying to eliminate unhealthy sugar from my diet. I know that it takes about a month to really see results sometimes. So I have faith in this. Actually, I decided to start putting days on my posts, to keep track of how many days I have been trying to lose weight. I admit that yesterday I took the bf out for his birthday, to a nice restaurant called Peli Peli's, that serves african food. Yummy yum. Well yesterday I had no chace to eat due to work, so I did pig out for dinner redface . But this morning I woke up and ate sunny side up eggs on whole wheat toast. I have not eaten lunch or dinner yet today, but I plan to very soon. For some reason I am really craving sushi.

Breakfast- Eggs and toast, with some butter on it, as well as some walnuts

snack- yoplait yougurt and less then a teaspoon of peanut butter, going to grocery store, so maybe cook something nice for dinner had about eleven weight watcher points so far.

Weight watchers points for the day-
Excercise- 22 minutes of running, I got weak and could not finish thirty because my cramps were hurting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Ok, I am ashamed to say I overate on sushi. Counting points does not seem to work. Tomorrow I will start counting calories instead of points  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:17 am
Day 4

I had some sushi for breakfast, I have increased my excercise by running a bit faster. I found that people who excercise everyday age slower smile

Calories for the day- around.... 1700 gonk
excercise for the day- 24 minutes of flat out running.

Running made me expecially hungry today So from now on I will only run for twenty minutes, and limit myself to 500 calories before dinner, because my dinner is usually 400-500 calories.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh man, I wish I could flat out run. @___@;; Between my boobs and my knees... that's a mess I don't even wanna try.

Have you tried working on some butt toning exercises? It might help tone your hips. Simple squats might help a bit.

Counting calories in not hard if you use the right tools. There are several good websites to help, but I like having something I can carry around with me too. I suggest buying a pocket sized notebook and this book. I right the date, and everything I eat and drink (unless it's water) and right the number of calories it is that I took in per serving next to the food. I add up all my calories as I eat them and keep a running total by day. I like to do long hand verses a calculator because it's a good workout for your brain. After a while, it just becomes second nature.

Good luck and hope that helps.

Anbaachan

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:07 am
Anbaachan

Oh man, I wish I could flat out run. @___@;; Between my boobs and my knees... that's a mess I don't even wanna try.

Have you tried working on some butt toning exercises? It might help tone your hips. Simple squats might help a bit.

Counting calories in not hard if you use the right tools. There are several good websites to help, but I like having something I can carry around with me too. I suggest buying a pocket sized notebook and this book. I right the date, and everything I eat and drink (unless it's water) and right the number of calories it is that I took in per serving next to the food. I add up all my calories as I eat them and keep a running total by day. I like to do long hand verses a calculator because it's a good workout for your brain. After a while, it just becomes second nature.

Good luck and hope that helps.

Yes, it actually does help. I love your journal by the way, congrats on losing a inch. I usually keep what I eat in my mind and tally everything up. I am aiming for 100-1200 calories a day. I have that book smile I actually carry it everywhere with me. Small world smile I may actually go buy a new edition today, as I am shopping for the spring semester of college today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 am
Day 5.

I have been a bad girl. I woke up today, and ran for only about twelve minutes. It still was full out running though, and I do not want to overexcercise, and then overeat. According to a online calculator, my BMR is about 1500, so I burn about 150-200 after a good run. When I lose ten pounds and a inch to inch and half around the hips, I will get myself dragon age origins for the PC. I really want that game so it is good motivation. I had a small amount of dark chocolate and a glass of milk for breakfast. I plan to have a smoothie for lunch, and maybe some chicken for dinner. I hope I can find someone to go school shopping with me. I am a little stressed about this schedule thing at work. I accidently said I was available on tuesday, when I go to school tuesdays and thursdays. I luckily have proof that I cancelled my monday wednesday class. So I printed it out, with a typed letter to my manager. So I hope this gets fixed.

Excercise- 12 min running, and some hip excercises
calories- about 1070. Not bad.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 am
User ImageYou played with fire. . .

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

First of all, I salute you for your motivation and I hope you stay optimistic about all this.

About your hips, well I have been told that cycling is good for the hip muscles since they make them strong and not fat.
Gee, I hate how mine look but I don't know how to cycle crying
There is also that machine where you cycle in your place. . .

Also, it's good that you are running =) keep it up.
But please be careful not to strain your legs while running. If you get too tired then maybe you should run a little slower then work the speed up the more you get used to it.

Over all, good luck and keep it up ^_^
*cheers for you*

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

. . . and you got burned!User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 am
Venom The Hellraiser
User ImageYou played with fire. . .

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

First of all, I salute you for your motivation and I hope you stay optimistic about all this.

About your hips, well I have been told that cycling is good for the hip muscles since they make them strong and not fat.
Gee, I hate how mine look but I don't know how to cycle crying
There is also that machine where you cycle in your place. . .

Also, it's good that you are running =) keep it up.
But please be careful not to strain your legs while running. If you get too tired then maybe you should run a little slower then work the speed up the more you get used to it.

Over all, good luck and keep it up ^_^
*cheers for you*

ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ

. . . and you got burned!User Image

Thank you blaugh I have been trying to do hip toning excercise. I hope they work.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 am
Ok, here are some before pics. As you can see from the side my stomach does not really stick out that much, but then my hips from the front are noticably bigger then I would like. I want this to keep me motivated, and every ten pounds I will take another picture of my hips.
*warning, undies*

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/godessoftheflute3/aa-3.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/godessoftheflute3/ab-1.jpg  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out