Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Websites with good information about paganism? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

into the airwaves

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm
Do any of you have any recommendations for websites with information about Paganism? I live in a Christian household, so I'd be murdered for buying/borrowing any books.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm
Personally, I like witchvox.com  

ShadowCatSoul

into the airwaves

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:33 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Personally, I like witchvox.com

Thank you. (:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 pm
Um . . . what?

First off, what do you mean by "Paganism?"

Second, why not use this guild as a resource?  

Gho the Girl

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:18 am
Gho the Girl
Um . . . what?

He probably means in general. That's a LOT of info, lol. Then again I could be wrong and he could be thinking it's some type of religion or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am
ShadowCatSoul
Gho the Girl
Um . . . what?

He probably means in general. That's a LOT of info, lol.
Then why give him something that seems to be specifically for fluffy witchcraft?
Quote:
Then again I could be wrong and he could be thinking it's some type of religion or something.
This is why it's best to ask first, shoot off poor quality links never.  

Gho the Girl

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am
I was going to ask, isn't witchvox as bad as wicca.com?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:28 am
Calelith
The first article says how awesome it is that Lisa Simpson is now Wiccan.

*facepalm* Good God.  

Gho the Girl

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:32 am
Gho the Girl
Calelith

*facepalm* Good God.

Oh God

Facepalm indeed

Edit:
She has already told the Wiccan girls whom she has met that she is interested in Wicca, asking them, “Are you a minority group as defined by Ivy League admissions?” When informed, “We worship Nature, ” Lisa responds joyfully, “I worship Nature!”

Oh god even more

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 am
Calelith
Gho the Girl
Calelith

*facepalm* Good God.

Oh God

Facepalm indeed

Edit:
She has already told the Wiccan girls whom she has met that she is interested in Wicca, asking them, “Are you a minority group as defined by Ivy League admissions?” When informed, “We worship Nature, ” Lisa responds joyfully, “I worship Nature!”

Oh god even more
I'll hold judgement of the episode and the people behind it as such until I see that episode myself.

It's possible that the people behind Simpsons made it sarcastically and witchvox.com missed the joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fell victim to the usual misinformation.  

Gho the Girl

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 am
I said the site in general was good, I didn't say all the information was valid. It's just as valid as this guild. There's some fluffies and then there's some non fluffies.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am
Also, he asked a question and I said that I personally liked the site. I didn't say for him to believe every word that was said. It's where I go to look for local groups or stores. That's about it.  

ShadowCatSoul

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 am
Gho the Girl
Calelith
Gho the Girl
Calelith

*facepalm* Good God.

Oh God

Facepalm indeed

Edit:

Oh god even more
I'll hold judgement of the episode and the people behind it as such until I see that episode myself.

It's possible that the people behind Simpsons made it sarcastically and witchvox.com missed the joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fell victim to the usual misinformation.

I'm still not sure if the Episode was meant to be a joke or not. I saw the episode and just about hurt myself faceplamming as many times as I did.

I think the producers fell victim to misinformation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 am
ShadowCatSoul
I said the site in general was good, I didn't say all the information was valid. It's just as valid as this guild. There's some fluffies and then there's some non fluffies.
Um, no.

We don't hold fluffyism to such a high degree that we allow such articles to be posted without having the other users show just how fluffy it is.

If they're so tolerant of fluffyism as to let it be seen unedited on the front friggin page, they're not as good as this guild, hands down.

Quote:
Also, he asked a question and I said that I personally liked the site. I didn't say for him to believe every word that was said. It's where I go to look for local groups or stores. That's about it.

1). Whatever your personal views are, from a more intellectually honest and intellectual rigorous standpoint, it's a bad source. For someone who probably doesn't know the difference between what is fluff and what is non-fluff, a very fluff-filled site is not a good starting destination.

2). It is of no relelvance that you didn't say for him to not believe every word you said. Any misinformation he picks up from that website is on you, as you directed him towards it. He doesn't know better, and you, as one of this guild, should know better, even if you don't. If you don't, then you really shouldn't be giving people advice on where to go as you apparently don't seem to know yourself what a quality source for information on "Paganism." He was looking for a website with information on "Paganism", and you hand him a source for fluffy witchcraft.

3). The real tragedy here is that this poster probably won't come back to this thread and see the dissenting posts because you gave him an easy intellectualy dishonest out. Instead of asking him what he meant by Paganism, directing him to a part of the guild that would be very applicable to his search (and these parts do exist, we have pathways, we have mentoring, etc., there is no need for outsourcing) or even giving him something qualitative, you give him fluffy crap. And now, unknowingly, he's stuck with it, until he runs into someone with the knowledge and courage to educate him, which isn't bloody likely if he sticks around there. So instead of taking up this oppurtunity to educate an knowledge starved user, you've pushed him into the world of ignorance, mayhaps not to return for some time.

See how much havok you can cause when you speak thoughtlessly?  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 am
into the airwaves
I live in a Christian household, so I'd be murdered for buying/borrowing any books.
First, stop with the Drama Llama. If your parents are going to end your life for exploring another faith- as opposed to say, be ticked at you and forbid it, then call Child Protective Services or your area's version thereof.

Second, why are you breaking the bonds of hospitality? How is that ethical?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff