Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
What do you do when you see an insect in your house? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm
If you saw an insect or spider in your house, what would you do? What would you like to do? Post it here! Feel free to add a funny experience if you like. razz

If I see one, I try to capture it and let it outside if I can, which is actually really tricky. My parents got alarm systems so whenever a door that leads outside opens or a window opens, a beeping sound can be clearly heard.

One experience of mine was that I saw a huge fly, about as big as my thumbnail. the designs it had on its back were beautiful, and its legs looked to legs and delicate. It barely flown around. It only stood on the ground walking about the carpet. I decided to capture it since it was rather warm outside so I had a decent excuse of why i was opening the window. I placed a tissue in front of it, waiting for it to step on it, and gently picked up the corners when it walked into the middle. I walked over to the window and shook the tissue, and saw the bug fly away. :3 The only problem then was what to do with the tissue afterwards. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:01 pm
It depends what kind of bug it is. If it's a mosquito, I do my best to destroy the damned thing. If it's a stink bug, I freak the hell out because I have no idea what to do. Spiders, flies, and ants, I let my dog go after or I just leave them be.  

Nakita Maceo

6,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Goddess Tea Time

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm
No matter what type of bug it is, I will scream like hell. But while I'm screaming, my cat will eat them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm
If it's ants I'll kill them with windex, if it's a spider I catch it and let it go outside, if it's a moth I freak the ******** out and make my boyfriend do something about it.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 pm
If its a mosquito, black widow, or brown recluse I will kill it right away as well as anything that carries disease or bites. Ants I usually let them have what they are after but we had some going after some fish the cats didn't eat and a cold front hit, they decided to move in and I'm allergic to fire ants so my husband had put out some ant killer. Any other bug I let be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm
I call for my husband to come and kill it. If he's not home, I shut the door of whatever room it's in until he gets home.  

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I absolutely love insects so I capture them and take them outside unless they're ladybugs in which I just leave them alone. I do kill mosquitoes, though deadly spiders just get taken out in a cup instead of my hands and I don't bother things with stingers because I know I'm not allergic. I just turn the lights off, open a window, and they fly away.The only time I ever raised my voice to my high school algebra teacher was actually because she refused to let me take a large spider outside and made someone kill it.

I was the only person brave enough to get a cricket off the door at school as well and my friend called me "woodsy". It amused me. ^-^
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 pm
^_^;; The only bugs I like are the butterflies and lady bugs (mostly because I was raised to think they were signs of good luck ^^) But unless they bite or sting...I usually leave them be.  

Zarc Wolf

Sparkly Dog

7,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Gaian 50

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Aliareana
I call for my husband to come and kill it. If he's not home, I shut the door of whatever room it's in until he gets home.

they can crawl under the door  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm
froggymama89
Aliareana

they can crawl under the door

Bugs! Onward to freedom, and a new land!  

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm
I kill it. >:C Sad but it's the circle of life. I don't invade their homes so they shouldn't invade mine. =3=  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:33 pm
Well, this isn't a bug, but one day I was in my living room and I screamed because my dog was chewing on a dead rat.
I seriously freaked out, and my sister and I called her best friend to come over and get rid of it.
It took us 1 hour to get rid of it. xD  

iiLolli

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 am
It depends on what kind of bug it is. Usually, I kill the little b*****d. But if it's a cute little caterpillar, ladybug, or pillbug, then I cath it and let it outside.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 am
If it's a fly or ant I just leave it, but if it is a spider, I get my hairspray and spray it untgil it's dead =/

I know my friend is uses tape and sticks it to the bugs on the walls/floors/surfaces and waits for a parent to come deal with it xD  

strawberry monochrome

XLil_BabieX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12 am
My method of dealing with bugs? I usually get a tissue if its a slow bug of some sort and just squish it against the wall.
If it's a fast one or can easily get away, I get the biggest d**m book I can find or a very blunt object with a big surface area and slam that against the wall. (I used to use school books for this matter so there won't be a fly on any of my books... I once found a fly in a book that I didn't use to kill a bug, so other people have the same thought process I think x3)
If it's on or close to the corner between the wall and floor, I used to get the 409 bottle and squirt like crazy. That s**t is deadly!!!!
I'm forced to kill all bugs now because I have screens on my windows and I live on the 3rd floor so I can't really get something outside safely without it crawling out of a cup or something and further scaring me.
I have to do it because my sibling is scared of bugs (even caterpillars) and I can't always depend on my parents, and I don't have a boyfriend =(

13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff