33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:44 pm
okay... i belive you all know what this is about, that's right Politics j/k. what ska band really get you into ska or what was your first favorite ska band. well, fer me my first favorite ska band was less than jake. They were/and still kinda are So freakin' kewl. i loved all there songs. infact my first ska cd was Anthem. now i gues they're goin' down hill a bit. but i dunno, i'll always respect them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:48 pm
The band that started ska for me: Catch22. Still love em' to this day  

King Of The Ska
Captain

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:55 pm
God Of The Ska
The band that started ska for me: Catch22. Still love em' to this day
i saw them play at the coast to coast roast. they put on a really good show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:25 pm
Operation ivy, ironic that they ended the year I was born  

Red-Baron

aleoop123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:36 pm
The first band I ever liked was less than jake as well. I found losing streak in a box of cds my brother left when he moved away. After that I began to like other ska bands, especially the mad caddies. I still like both of those bands today, despite all this bullshit people are saying about less than jake selling out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:39 pm
aleoop123
The first band I ever liked was less than jake as well. I found losing streak in a box of cds my brother left when he moved away. After that I began to like other ska bands, especially the mad caddies. I still like both of those bands today, despite all this bullshit people are saying about less than jake selling out.
Even if they did sell out i'd still like them. It doesn't matter to me if a band sells out or not. and besides if every one at my skewl get tottaly obbessed with them i could call them posers cause i liked them before they were cool xd  

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:07 pm
skankin-kakashi
aleoop123
Even if they did sell out i'd still like them. It doesn't matter to me if a band sells out or not. and besides if every one at my skewl get tottaly obbessed with them i could call them posers cause i liked them before they were cool xd

Lmao. That's the spirit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:43 pm
let's see....The first time I've ever heard any ska song was while playing the very first Tony Hawk game. It had the song "Superman" by Goldfinger. I was just hooked on that song. The style just blew me away. I got the cd and found out it was ska. It's been history ever since.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:28 am
Hyuck, good times.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:08 am
My first ska band were the Specials, when I was about 6 or something, cos i grew up on ska, punk and grunge.
Later, when i was bout 13 my friend said "listen to this song" and made me listen to "All My Friends Are Metalheads" (its actually true!), and I was converted heart  

girl_no_13

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:32 pm
VashZero5
let's see....The first time I've ever heard any ska song was while playing the very first Tony Hawk game. It had the song "Superman" by Goldfinger. I was just hooked on that song. The style just blew me away. I got the cd and found out it was ska. It's been history ever since.

Lmao. Superman was my first ska song, same way. But Catch22 was the first ska band I ever got into.

But I still love Superman  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:55 pm
My brother.  

Worthless Marshmellow

Waalex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:14 am
The Specials.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:14 am
Op Ivy was my first and then i got in to Catch 22. i love them both. biggrin  

Mariana

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:30 am