Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
The Great Gaian Murder (Closing) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm
Hey everyone. I've been.. inspired you could say be the Gaia Survivor event. I love how it is turning out, so I thought I would present the idea of making a murder-mystery event. I've only just presented it to the guild at the last meeting, but everyone seemed to love it. I've PMed Bliss, and I'm still waiting approval, but there's no harm in doing a bit of preplanning, right? So, let's bring out our dark sides and make a murder that we can't even explain XD. A lot more to come, by the way!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:03 pm
Plot

(I'm going to steal the final ideas are in italics from the Survivor Event)

Setting:

Characters:

Murderer:

Victim:

Red-Herring: (A Red-Herring is a misleading person who seems to be the murderer)

Secret-Lover: (XD I thought we'd keep this open just in case)

How/When the Murder Happened:  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:04 pm
Event

Host(s) and Co-Host(s):

Duration: The problem is that we need the murder to be discovered by the end of the event... I'm not sure about putting an actual time limit on this...

Number of Characters: 11 in all?... 1 head of family, 2 family members, 3 dinner guests, 2 random people that have some purpose, 3 servants.

Sabotuer?:

Contests:

Extra Fundraing: Envy brought up the devious idea to allow people to bribe us. We would need to make pre-planned hints, and of course, determine the amount.

Forum:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:04 pm
Reserved? For space?  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 am
My ideas on the whole event is that we will have 8 or so roleplayers, not including the head of the household, the victim, and the sabotuer. My plan is that we will have one mule made to look like some one who knew nothing of the guild and have them join the event, under control of an actual guild member. The will control the murder, but also be trying to put the blame on someone else. I would like to have a locked-room murder, but that might be too complicated...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 pm
I have an idea to allow the audience a chance to interact as well as a ploy to help us raise funds. And its to allow people the chance to prove their favorite character innocent via bribery. Evidence or blackmail might be circulated and if enough people donate/pay the bribe.. the evidence will be destroyed and a blinds eye will be made. Or something along those lines. Of course it would require very charismatic characters to pull something of the sort off.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:15 pm
I love the idea of Bribing. We might even extend the bribes to the roleplayers. It's a devious idea, and it's perfect for fundraising!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 am
You can just go with the story flow, see on how it develops and putting the actions on time with the plot. ^^ It's a suggestion, but one month is probably long enough for a story to go. Besides, we're all doing monthly events now. xp  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:46 pm
Hmmm.. The point would be to have the actions predetermined with the plot and time length. A month would probably be fine. I'm not sure if this will be ready by March though (Still waiting approval...) We have the Gaia Survivor Event, which isn't on a month-long basis.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 pm
Yes, now that I think about it, my last post wasn't such a good idea. =.= Well, for starters...

Do you have an NPC? How many NPCs are you planning to have? How are the NPCs like? Where does this crime take place? Is it in a city, or town, where the scope is much smaller? Does it take place in an Alternate Universe where the laws and logic works differently from our own world? If you like I can go around the net looking for strange murder cases around the world. =)  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:20 pm
My idea is as follows:
It was a dark and stormy night...
That is how the story is usually told, in a deep mysterious voice giving off the premonition of the ill things to come. However, our story starts in the early morn', in an old apartment complex on the edge of town.

At this residence, there resides fourteenpeople, twenty two cats, three mid-sized sport utility vehicles, and a donkey, all arriving in that precise order.

You see, old Mrs. Flannagan first arrived, who owns eight cats altogether, with her now deceased husband, Godfrey. Her sister moved in to comfort her after his passing, God rest his soul. Her name is Mrs. Topplehat, and she owns fourteen cats. They live in a quaint pink painted flat on the bottom level, where their apartment gives off the distinct odor of cat n** and moth balls.

The next to move in was the present landlord, Mr. Montgomery, who served in the Military and now lives the quiet life. He keeps to himself in the apartment across from Mrs. Flannagan and Mrs. Topplehat, the sisters.

Above the cat sisters is Miss Gretchen von Gruber, a mad old thing who thinks that her room is infested with bats. She lives with her son, a middle aged round man going by the name of Neal. He cooks the dinner for the entire household.

Next to them and above Mr. Montgomery lives a single man, Peter Hodgens, who works out of his room. He is a IT person for a local lawyer's office, Johnson and Treebell, est. 1872. Peter is a very shy man, but is also a great storyteller and musician.

On the wings of the first two floors lie the Kitchen, Dining Hall, the Pool Room, and both Male and Female bathrooms.

Above the Kitchen and the Dining Hall is the residence of one Miss Patricia del Foyer, a pretty woman with long red hair and rather attractive freckles, who spends most of her day out, working at her job as a waitress. She grew up going to Peter Hodgen's school, but not much is known about their relationship, but it isn't serious, at least to one party.

Over Mr. Montgomery and across from Miss Foyer lives the Chans, A happy Chinese couple living with their daughter, Ting, who is now eight. Mr. Chan works a desk job while Mrs. Chan stays home and does the housekeeping. Rumor has it that they are refugees, and that they had to flee because they were discovered as traitors to their homeland.

Across from the Chans and over Crazy ol' Gruber lives Javier. Javier is a rapid speaking Hispanic who loves to strum his old guitar and watch mexican soap operas all day. Although he is growing older, he still likes to go out on runs everyday. Living there with him is his Grandson, Pablo, who attends a nearby university. He is only around at night, to sleep.

Next to Javier is a sad old man named Hank. Formerly living a quiet life in the country, Hank is spending his remaining days as a squat old man who likes to sit in his squashy chair and reminisce of the old days. He had a wife, who died of age, and is waiting to join her.

The last residence of the apartment complex lives with the donkey, Helga. He is a mysterious man who takes care of the lawn and the flowers. Some say that he is a murderer in hiding. Others say that he is insane and thinks that the donkey is his wife. All we know is that his name is Wolfric, and that he enjoys to wear brown colored shirts.

The three sport utility vehicles belong to Miss Foyer, the Chans, and Pablo. On Sundays, the women go grocery shopping while the men go out and bowl, drink, or set up a barbecue on the back porch. It is on a particularly sunny Sunday where our story begins...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm
It was, as was stated previously, sweltering hot, and Miss Foyer had a brilliant idea to take an outing to the pool. All of them readily agreed to go, all except for poor Peter Hodgens, who was overworked with creating a new website for the law group, and Wolfric, whom no one wanted to approach. The twelve of them loaded up and left, enjoying a fine day at the pool. They ate lunch there and stayed, until everyone, except for the little Chan girl, was exhausted. Arriving at the house, they all enter to find it in the exact same manner as it was left.

The next morning, the apartment awoke to the screams of the cat sisters. Congregating around Peter Hodgins room, they all discovered the man dead in his bed, foam still hanging over his lips. Fearing that the police would arrest all of them, they decide to congregate in the pool room to discuss what happened. Mr Montgomery hired a Private Investigator, who arrived shortly after, declaring that the Peter was murdered, as bruises were found around his neck and poison residue on his lips. The PI then confined the residents to their respective rooms, interrogating each one in turn.  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 pm
Whims, I just sent you a PM, but I didn't include this part since it relates to your second post.
I think instead of a trip to the pool, I think it should be to the grocery store. It could possibly add to the general chaos of the murder and we could always slip in some evidence into the grocery bags. Overall though, I love the idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

I was coming to help out, and here Whimsical has already done so. It sounds like a great start, I hope you can build off of it.

...That is me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 pm
Hey everyone. Things are going really slow for this event. I know Bliss sent a P.M. awhile back talking about that any guild events should be strong ones. I don't think that this will make it in time for March. I've already talked to Bliss and she understands that I am going to close this down soon. I'm really sorry to everyone that helped out! ~Lectern  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff