Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Best Reading Ever Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:58 am
I'd bet that most folks here have had some kind of reading done for them at some point.

Some kind of divination or another.

What was the method of your favorite reading of all times?
What made the reading itself so good?
And if willing, what was the reading about and the results?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:20 pm
Do readings for myself count?

When I first did a solitary ritual after going through my Catholic phase, it went completely wrong. Candle wax just everywhere, incense sticks falling, and a huge, huge, huge feeling of paranoia and doubt in my gut that randomly popped out of nowhere. My head was filled with thoughts of things about how I was a traitor and doing it wrong and I'm going to Hell and stuff like this. Tarot spread had scary cards in scary places and overall I was not feeling too good.

I concluded that YHVH was angry. So I said, "I am a seeker of truth, not a rebel for the sake of rebellion. If you are the One True God you proclaim to be, I have faith that I will be led back to you in the end."

Well the next day I did the ritual over again, everything went perfectly, and my "Celtic Cross" tarot spread with a Universal Waite deck had nice and helpful things to say. I particularly remember the tarot spread being the best part because of the past trauma and what it was saying made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I do have the question and results written down but alas, they are back at school.  

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:28 pm
Illiezeulette
Do in my book.

I look for advice, typically from myself in daily life, but often from my priest when I'm too agitated.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
Do in my book.

I look for advice, typically from myself in daily life, but often from my priest when I'm too agitated.

I've only had my palm read by one of the Wica.
I'm too skeptical to trust readings from others. I can't tell who knows what they're talking about and who does not.

I'd let you read for me, though.
wink  

aoijea23487

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
Do in my book.

You're lucky to have a priest. =D

----

My method in my favorite reading was Tarot. It wasn't about anything in particular, just meditating on the cards and getting some advice. I was drinking some slivovica, and smoking a cigarette (something I don't do often - only when I drink sliva). Well, drinking some liquor, smoking a cigarette, and reading tarot happens to be how my baba would spend lazy nights on occasion.

I just remember sitting there, and being overwhelmed with her presence. It was just like she had sat down with me, and put her arm around me and joined in.

She died when I was little, and I miss her so much still.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:53 pm
Illiezeulette

wink
sweatdrop

Collowrath

You're lucky to have a priest. =D
If you would like, I can put you in touch with him. Not sure he will act in such a role for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask, ya?
Quote:

My method in my favorite reading was Tarot. It wasn't about anything in particular, just meditating on the cards and getting some advice. I was drinking some slivovica, and smoking a cigarette (something I don't do often - only when I drink sliva). Well, drinking some liquor, smoking a cigarette, and reading tarot happens to be how my baba would spend lazy nights on occasion.
Replace cig with pipe and our Baba's sound more and more alike all the time.

Quote:

Those memories can sustain a person.  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette

wink
sweatdrop

What does this mean?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 pm
Illiezeulette

What does this mean?
That for all my bravado I can be rather bashful at times.  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
What does this mean?

You should show me your tea skills.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm
Illiezeulette
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
What does this mean?

whee Was that a pun?  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
TeaDidikai
Illiezeulette
What does this mean?

whee Was that a pun?

Maybe
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:17 pm
I would have to say that my favorite reading method of all time for myself would be Aeromancy.

I like it because I enjoy cloud gazing, the sky is marvelous and so surreal at times. So, what better then to apply divination to my favorite personal thing to do.

I've gotten some pretty random readings when interpreting clouds. One of my favorite readings was when I was first talking to Dionysos and trying to understand if I was wanted or not. I was on the trampoline with my little sister whom I was supposed to be watching while no one else was out side. Her being so little, I could only lay down and let her jump on me.

Eventually, she got bored with me and ran inside. It was just as the sun was setting, so I decided to stay outside for a little bit and try to read what the clouds had to tell me that day. At first, nothing was forming. So, I decided to ask a question about Dionysos. It's been awhile and I can't remember what exactly the question was, but I remember it had to do something about a sign.

Closing my eyes to think about the question, I had a feeling that I should quickly open them and look up. Right in front of my eyes, a giant well-formed marijuana leaf with a lovely pattern of smoke coming off of it appeared. Not sure what I got out of that, but I remember laughing and being very excited to have an answer at all.

Namikikyo

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am
TeaDidikai
If you would like, I can put you in touch with him. Not sure he will act in such a role for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask, ya?

Heh, that's not necessary. I wouldn't begin to know how to conduct my end of that relationship yet. >.<

Quote:
Quote:

Those memories can sustain a person.

Heh, that they do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:49 am
Collowrath

Heh, that's not necessary. I wouldn't begin to know how to conduct my end of that relationship yet. >.<
You'd work that out with him.
Something tells me he doesn't act toward me the way he acts toward, say, his Catholic friend that he priests for.

This of course is all dependent on him being willing in the first place, but you gotta ask to know.

Then again, if you just aren't looking for someone to fill that role, that's fine too.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

You'd work that out with him.
Something tells me he doesn't act toward me the way he acts toward, say, his Catholic friend that he priests for.

This of course is all dependent on him being willing in the first place, but you gotta ask to know.

Then again, if you just aren't looking for someone to fill that role, that's fine too.

Heh, I don't think I'm quite ready to be looking for someone to fill that role yet. As I said, I'm not sure how to even fit myself in yet or where my responsibilities lie, in such a relationship or in my tradition itself, so I don't really have a starting point.

I still have work to do in that department. >.<  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces